Guidance/Reassurance please!

• EagleStar88
      Hi, Can someone reassure me please.

Whilst actively trying out my SSS strategy on Titan today, I came across "Ingolpoker" doing a German coaching session.

He actually joined one of my tables, but was sitting out (which meant the player numbers were too low & I too had to sit out :P )

I would stress that:

1) I have absolutely no intention of cheating/collusion
      2) Was not signed into any coaching session whilst playing
      3) Cannot speak german (except for the odd word picked up.. ja, nine, guten tag, mein freund & cigaretten bitte)!
      4) Made sure we didn't play a hand together.

I was concerned however. Is it allowed to play at the same tables (making sure I am not signed into the coaching session of course)?

Irrespective of legality/ethics, is it actually wise to play against someone doing a similar/same strategy as yourself?

I'm thinking that I will try to avoid other poker strategy players and in particular coaches whilst actively doing my SSS strategy, but is being paranoid? It may not always be possible.

Guidance would very much be appreciated.

Many thanks,

• 2 replies
    • cannell555
      Hi Eaglestar88,

You are allowed to be sat at the same table as a coach, during a coaching. As long as your not in the coaching at the same time. Everyone be aware that if you are found cheating by PokerStrategy, the necessary actions will be made.

It is not advised that you play against other SSS players. As your premium hands will often be up against other premium hands. Therefore loosing equity.

Best regards,
    • EagleStar88
      Thanks Stiev,

Thats what I thought, just wanted to make sure.

Would never ever log onto a coaching session and play at the same time.

When I started to watch one of Max's the other day, I made sure that he was aware of what table I was on at the time (a totally different one of course) and that I was just blinding out (I'm a tight wad and didn't just want to leave before my blind :D ) before concentrating on what he had to say.

It's just I recognised Ingopoker's name and on checking the schedule, saw that he was coaching, so I got scared and wasn't sure if I should leave.

As I said before, I will try to avoid other SSS players and you have confirmed my thoughts thank you.