Jakkosh

• Jakkosh
      Jakkosh
      Bronze
      Hey im jack, im 24 and from England. Have a little experience but not much! Looking forward to playing poker properly :D

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      I have actually many motivations for playing poker. First of all i love the game! But mainly it is a big dream of mine to make some kind of living on poker, i realize that is a long way off but i cant wait to get started properly. I have an illness at the moment and i cant get out much, so i see poker as a way out for me! Its the perfect time for me to be studying poker as i have a lot of free time on my side. So all of that motivates me to keep on playing and learning.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      I would definitely say keeping my focus. If im playing my A-game i can trust my reads, play smoothly and all is good, but as you know in no limit if you lose focus for one hand it could be over. Maybe I need to work on my poker conditions; get out of bad habits and keep the tv/music off!!!

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      To play a planned, tight range of starting hands preflop. But then when you do play a hand you play aggressively preflop / postflop. A TaG is good for lower limits, if you are patient with the fish you will get paid :D

Looking forward to the course, was just wondering though, is it lesson 1 in the coaching tonight? (15.2.14) Thanks! :)
  • 4 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Hey Jakkosh

Welcome to the beginner's course. It's cool that you have a lot of time for poker and i'm sure you'll use it wisely :) I trust that you'll enjoy the course, I sure did. Bogdan our course coach will be by in the coming days to check your homework. Oh and by the way sorry about being late to answering your question about the coaching.

Regards,
      Luke
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Jack,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework.

With the help of this course (and myself) and your hard work we should be able to overcome a lot of your weakness.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • Jakkosh
      Jakkosh
      Bronze
      Hey there, time for homework 2. Just wanted to say, the 2 podcasts and articles for lesson 1 and 2 have a helped me a lot already!
      But desperately want to attend the coachings properly, could you tell me please which lesson is scheduled for coaching this saturday? (01/03/14)
      Would be best to catch up and be in sync with everyone else when i get there. Thank you :D

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I do make slight variations to the chart in certain situations. For example with the call 20 rule; if my opponent is a straight forward TAG style I would call 17-19 with the intention of c-betting the flop and fit/folding from there. This is because TAGs generally play fairly sensible post-flop and has less of a problem folding if they dont hit. This situation is best when the TAG villain limped preflop as I put them on a pocket pair too or some suited connecter most of time. I guess if i raised him preflop and took initiative my story might play a little better but that may be a bit too dangerous on micro limits!
      Also I call instead of fold the AQ-A10 part of the chart if they are suited, I feel like the chance of the nut flush bumps it up enough to make the call? Sometimes if I feel its right i can also 3bet with these hands, to make my 3betting range a little wider.

I actually have no idea if any of this wise or not, would you tend to agree with these variations?

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Qq Nl10 Fr

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

AKo - 46.32%
      5% range - 53.68%

Grateful for feedback, thanks v much :D
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Jack,

Good job with homework 2.

I am not sure what Bierber will be running at this coaching on Saturday.

You can also attend my coaching on Sunday which is tailored to beginner players as well (it's me playing live tables, 10 nl on Pokerstars explaining my thought process to everyone).

Best of luck,

Bogdan