NL400$ floping OESD + overs 3bet pott

• stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I played this hand a few days ago and I dont if made the right chocie here.. :f_biggrin:

anyway.. We look down at AQo in BB and action starts with a pretty aggro fish opening first in and on BTN we the worst player on the table. A true donky LAG-fish , i decided to just cold call my hand preflop here couse i dont wanna 4bet it and get 5beted AI couse i dont think he will 5bet push anything worst then my hand so i like to just play the flop here wish maybe was stupied couse when i think about it i maybe could have gone for the 4bet value/fold plan but as played we flop OESD + overs in a 3 way pott and I decied to ship it here and hope to get called by som bad hand or take it down.

any ides how i should play it?

$10/$20 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($2,282.88) 114bb
      UTG+1 ($1,338.41) 67bb
      CO ($1,806.25) 90bb
      BTN ($2,661.99) 133bb
      SB ($2,988.55) 149bb
      stttNNN (BB) ($2,503.02) 125bb

Pre-Flop: ($30, 6 players) stttNNN is BB Q:club: A:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $60, 1 fold, BTN raises to $210, 1 fold, stttNNN calls $190, UTG+1 calls $150

Flop: J:diamond: 8:heart: 10:club: ($640, 3 players)
      stttNNN checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN bets $320, stttNNN goes all-in $2,293.02,
  • 6 replies
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      not sure how bad is the BU ,(would've 4 betted anyways if he's rly lagish ) or how often do you shove your sets there , this way you rep 99/AQ/KQ alot , and prolly you wouldnt shove your sets there , also him cbetting this board, he should pretty strong, hit your range entirely, i'd just c/c and overbet shove river if he cbh turn

edit: didnt realise its 3 way, maybe your push makes sense, utg can fold out alot, but he also has sets so calling might still be better , not sure about the BU tho, he should definitely cbet with AA/KK/QQ, which maybe you could fold out , but then again , you rep the nuts, so your shove stinks abit
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imbahness
      not sure how bad is the BU ,(would've 4 betted anyways if he's rly lagish ) or how often do you shove your sets there , this way you rep 99/AQ/KQ alot , and prolly you wouldnt shove your sets there , also him cbetting this board, he should pretty strong, hit your range entirely, i'd just c/c and overbet shove river if he cbh turn

edit: didnt realise its 3 way, maybe your push makes sense, utg can fold out alot, but he also has sets so calling might still be better , not sure about the BU tho, he should definitely cbet with AA/KK/QQ, which maybe you could fold out , but then again , you rep the nuts, so your shove stinks abit
      well if we go for like a normal raise or smaller and pfr calls do we just go show turn if we brick anyway? sometimes i dont like to get called if I raise in this type of spots against fishes thats why i like to show to get the money in with pretty ok equtiy or see them folding takeing it down OTF.

and if we call the cbet we will have a hard time calling OTT couse we dont get the right odds and the LAG fish will not slowdown anything a i guess? :f_p:
    • WpgJets
      WpgJets
      Bronze
      You basically played a bluff. If it worked (and there's a good chance that it did), good for you. But against TWO players, one of which easily has a pair, you just don't have the odds in your favour to win this hand if your all-in bet gets called. I think that against one player, it was a good play; but not against two.

The only "bad" hand that's going to call this size bet, already has you beat.

I would call the bet on the flop and see what happens on the turn. If you're being played, then the hand is yours regardless of what you do. On the other hand, if you're beat, you save a few bucks. If you score on the turn or the river, your reputation went up a notch.
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      Noooo, it's pretty bad to jam here imo when MP has all sets and all suited 2 pair in his range.
    • paulmoras
      paulmoras
      Bronze
      really shoving there is the worst option...what do u expect him to fold?also if u think btn is a bad lag i strongly believe its best u 4bet there...u can;t play ofp qa like this...u hope only to hit...if we say that u did 4bet and got called only by button then a c/r all in ( if he is agro and u think u could bet flop) or betting 3 barrels would make more sense...but as played seems strong calling is the best action ithink
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      I think you're overestimating your equity on this texture. yes you have an OESD but your not really going to be happy hitting an A or Q

these boards are ugly so unless BU is really aggro bad I don't expect him to cbetting air on this texture into 2 players. So not only should the BU be strong but the flop also smashes utg 3b calling range.

As played I would just call flop and cf turn unimproved but really I think 4b fold is best line per flop (or 4b call depending on reads on BU) as flatting just puts you OOP 3way to much of the time in a situation where we flop very little equity a large portion of the time.

Actually I think we do have some fe vs buttons KK AA or I'd he Cbets too much so a standard raise size would be good as it rips the set given its 3 way.

The important factor he I feel tho is to not overestimate your clean outs on such a wet flop that smashes your opponents ranges

As played the X shove doesn't really rep much. Would you really do this with a set?