Microsoft stops Windows XP support: warning for poker players

• MJPerry

In early April, Microsoft will stop support for the Windows XP operating system.

This means that using Windows XP on a machine still connected to the Internet, especially when making financial transactions such as playing online poker, can be very dangerous.

XP is a decade-old OS and in the world of 2014 has become very insecure. Coupled with the lack of Microsoft support and security patches, we strongly advise any poker players still using XP to upgrade immediately.

Upgrade to Windows 7 now!

Upgrade to Windows 8 now!

Note for SideKick users

As of March 10, we will be stopping SideKick support for XP - so if you want to continue using the SideKick software but you have Windows XP, you will need to upgrade your Windows OS to Windows 7 or Windows 8 in order to use SideKick.

More about SideKick

Collect Kicks, Progressions and accomplish Missions: rack up achievements, clear a Mission, complete Progressions, and compare your achievements with other members.
      Track StrategyPoints: keep a record of your session StrategyPoints.
      Store and convert hand histories: SideKick stores your online poker hands and converts them for our forums.

Get SideKick for free!

• 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I wonder how (or even if) W7 will work on my 8yr old hardware.

I'm planning on buying a new machine with W8 and trying linux on this one.

Sidekick took so much out of this computer that I never could run it successfully.

Maybe now I'll be able to...