Unlucky

• Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      I know luck is a factor in poker, but how many times can someone get lucky? I've been suffering so many bad beats sometimes I can just predict that my opponent is going to hit that river or turn.

I started with the 50 dollar bonus and now I only have a few dollars left because of recently these 3 weeks. I've probably lost more than 13 percent of the times when it was overpair vs underpair. My aces got cracked way too often. The only way I won it is when I made others fold. Just ago, there was this one hand where I had aces, on the flop, I check raised him all in with two hearts on the board and giving him less than 1 to 1 pot odds to call and he called with middle pair/flush draw and he hit a set on the river. I know I'm not a huge favourite but still WTF. I am PISSED.

I had bottom set and this guy bluffed me. I instantly called and he hits a perfect runner runner and makes his insane straight. Sometimes I have the better kicker but the son of a bitch hits his two pair or if its all in preflop, he hits his lower kicker and makes a pair while i just have a high card.

The most defining moment I don't think I can forget. For example, on the flop, the board was paired with tens and I had ten jack, I hit my set. My opponent had pocket jacks. So when we went all in, I saw his cards and just sat back and relaxed cuz i had one of his jacks and there's no way he's hitting the last jack in the deck. Oh, but he does hit it on the river and makes a bigger full house than mine. Fuck that, FUCK THAT. I was shocked.

It must be bad karma. All this badbeats happening within weeks.
  • 8 replies
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dickbreakr
      I've probably lost more than 13 percent of the times when it was overpair vs underpair.
      What would you expect?

giving him less than 1 to 1 pot odds to call
      How did you do that?
      With such a huge overbet that the rake would be higher than the pot before your bet? :rolleyes:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I started with the 50 dollar bonus and now I only have a few dollars left because of recently these 3 weeks. I've probably lost more than 13 percent of the times when it was overpair vs underpair.
      13% is running good actually.

Pair+flush draw has 15 outs against your aces (unless you have a blocker) but it's a flip after the flop

Don't change the way you play because you are losing , you want people to call you with 9Ts against your aces , you want people calling for a 1 outer , if they get it well.... at least you played it right, just stick to the strategy.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Happens all the time....

Yesterday had AK beat by K10, hit K on the flop and pushed all in. He got his 10 on the river.
      Just now had my A7 beat by JJ cause he got a straight, hit my A on the flop.
      Right after JA beat by 88 cause I hit nothing.

Thats why I just play 2$ SnGs now with 120$ bankroll till I hit 200$++ so I can switch to 5$ ones. Just lost 25$ from 145$ over 2 days (went a bit off BRM and so on and well made two damn horrible plays today.. eliminated twice in the first hand of the SnG hahaha, so it was justified) but then again I was at like 85$ 4 days ago.

Bad beats happen and coin toss losses happen every day.

But so do suckouts, and they happen just as often.

Beat 10 10 with 9 9 cause I hit my set

Beat 88 with Ax because I hit a runner runner flush draw (and to top it off he got his set on the river.. just the wrong suit giving me the flush :) )

People just tend to remember the bad beats and call it bad luck... wrong thing to do. Over time you will get the same amount of suckouts in your favour and bad beats. Maybe a bit less suckouts since you make correct folds the more experienced you get. But if you would have won if you'd play on... it still counts.

Just don't let the bad beats get to you.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      do not worry, bad beat happens and always will, just play your best game, post hands, read, post hand, read again, discuss, evaluate your play and your sessions etc...

just to show you one bad beat i had just today on NL100 with SSS:

I had AA:

I raised 4BB, got re-raised, i went all-in.... idiot showed 610o :D ..and flop came

K 9 6....turn J....river...10... :( ;)
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      i had KK, made the standard raise (6xBB with 2 limpers in before), and both limpers called.

Flop comes, K J J. check, min bet, i raise. And both call.

Turn J. Check Check, i move all in. One call.

River comes, some random card.

Guess what the guy has? The last J of course.

SICK.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Talking about bad beat.. The more you play the more brutal you can see and you don't really give a damn anymore, just laught. Some days ago I had KK in NL SH game, wanted to isolate a donkey, he did call my raise, the flop comes KsQsQd, I bet he goes all-in and shows As7s, turn Q, river Q, I lose. Set over set with pockets happens at least once per 1-2 days.
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      Ok, after having been the only one who didn't coonsole you, the pokergod punished me. Just played a 1000 hands session (in fact my first 1000 hands session) and run into horrible decks ... me AcAs vs KcTc on a monotone clubs flop ... obviously I lost a stack. AK vs KK against an opponent who 3-bet every 5th hand, just to name two, there were plenty. Despite that I managed to have a equity adjusted win-rate of about -3 bb/100, but additionally I lost kinda all my all-ins so that I ran at -34bb/100 .... which means a bit more than 3 BI below expectation ...

so poker sucks, it happens to all of us :evil:
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      thanks man you guys are awesome, made me feel a lot better, lots of new stuff i learnt in these posts too

i definitely have to come here more often