What do you do with rubbish?

• HobbyPro
      HobbyPro
      Bronze
      Hi,
      What do you have to do when the cards and or luck just don't come?
      There's plenty of advice about how to play good hands but not what to do when you have nothing for months
  • 7 replies
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Hello HobbyPro, and welcome to PokerStrategy.

The best thing you can do is keep on playing. Take another look at the Strategy articles, especially those about Psychology & Didactics.

You could also try and play on more tables at the same time. 3 or 4 tables are a good way to get things started, and you will certainly get some nice premium hands. As long as you stick with the advice in the strategy articles and pay attention to your bankroll management, you shouldn't get into trouble. The start is always the hardest part, as soon as you get over the hump, you'll be fine. :)
    • tokogaru
      tokogaru
      Bronze
      I'm not sure what format you play, but for example in SSS you'll be playing hands 77+ AJ+ KQ depending on position (I'm not a math wiz or a SSS player so im not sure the exact % range that is but no doubt somewhere around 9%)

In SnG format the SHC provides a solid range of playable hands, as well as extending the range considerably once push-fold starts.

If you haven't picked up any of the hands on the SSS, or SnG charts in months then you are no doubt the unluckiest person I've heard of.

Rubbish is... well rubbish, don't play it unless you want to lose money.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi HobbyPro,

well there's not much you can do. Just keep playing. The downswing can't last forever ;)
      But it's always good to reread the articles, post sample hands (Fixed-Limit / No-Limit / SNG) or view some videos to improve your game.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • HobbyPro
      HobbyPro
      Bronze
      Ty for your comments. It seems I'm doing everything I should be except winning!!!!
      Tried a 45 SnG and waited an hour for a decent hand, I got nothing other than 4 2, 4 3, 5 2 etc, by wich time I was the Tornament SS. Then after the break on my BB I got AA on a loose table with chips flying around all over the place!! Great I thought!!! Everyone folded without a bet being placed. Ouch. 2 hands later I held 66 on the button and 4 players limped in, so I did a 3 times raise and everyone except EP1 folded, (Why did he limp then call a raise?)
      Flop 6c 5c 5d
      EP1 All-in? Hey I got a boat for the first time in 3 weeks so I called.
      EP1 reveals 3c 4c
      He hit his straifgtflush on the river and I was out!!!!!
      I wish I was lucky!!!
      Below is the HH of a Sng from today. I'm down to my last few dollars despite following everything I've learned at Poker strategy.
      Don't know why it's in Spanish

[edit by Chiller3k: please use a hand history converter]

Guess I'm just born unlucky!!
      GL 2u all
      Hobbypro
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi HobbyPro,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still that unlucky but next time pelase use a hand history converter.
      You can't expect anyone to read even one of this HHs... The format is awful and it's in Spanish...
      And I think this is not the right place to post them. We've got a downswing reports forum. Feel free to post your hands there. But the beginner section is the wrong place imo...

Good luck,
      Chiller3k
    • HobbyPro
      HobbyPro
      Bronze
      Hi Chiller3k,

What is a HH converter and where can I get one?
      I dont know why it is in Sanish I am not.
      I'm new to the Forum and was following up my original thread.
      Sorry
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hey HobbyPro,

there are some ways how you can convert them into the forum format.
      You can use our Elephant.

The problem is, it isn't designed for SNGs as far as I know.

I copied this part from one of the stickies:

[Quote]
      How to convert hand histories

Use one of these converters and choose 2+2 output.

: http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter/ (PP,Stars, FT,...)
      : http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi (PP,Stars, FT,...)
      : http://weaktight.com/hand/ (mansion)
      : [Release] HH Converter Titan Poker / Pokerstars / Everest Poker (Titan)
      : LittleTitanHelper (Titan)
      : [URL=http://fistagon.org/~mstrandm/hand.php]Ongame[/URL]

Guide book[/quote]Best regards,
      Chiller3k