This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Buying property in Greece

• kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi everyone!

I guess this is gonna be a bit of a funny concept to discuss in a poker site, but I really hope I can get some useful info.

So it goes like this, I currently reside in Bulgaria, playing poker professionally for a few years. I was thinking to invest in a property and given how low property prices got in Greece, it's close location to Bulgaria, very pleasant climate, night life and variety of beaches- it looks like a really good deal. But I guess that can be deceptive. Without further ado, I will go directly to my ideas and questions.

My initial idea is to look for a 1 bedroom apartment in Thessaloniki that is suitable to be rented(in case it's needed), 40 square at least, up to about 25 000, 30 000 maximum, in a good area with some restaurants, small and big shops, maybe some schools, sightseeings will be plus, low crime, but still a relatively lively area in general) with a convenient and fast connection to central Thessaloniki . If anyone can give me some info on questions below, I will be very grateful.

:club: How are the taxes for apartments in Thessaloniki? I read it's between 3-17 euro per square metre an year
      :club: How much do the agencies charge, what documents I need as buyer from a foreign Country(still EU though)
      :club: Can anyone recommend an agency
      :club: Which is considered a good area(criteries written above)-please name some
      :club: What other places will you recommend that is a possible good investment(north Greece is preferable). I am open to other suggestions also-like a resort that can be rented if needed for the summer months and so on.
      :club: How expensive are utility bills(electricity, water, heating)
      :club: And very importantly-is is possible of course to fill up all my criteries within the listed price of 25-30k euro?
      :club: Anything that I am possibly missing that's worth considering?

I've checked many different ads for properties and it certainly looks like I can fit, but I want to make sure.

Cheers!
  • 1 reply