PREFLOP hand selection

• DougWatts
      DougWatts
      Bronze
      Hey guys.
      I got a tough time in some spots folding decent pocket pairs.
      Is this the right move?

Say Im on the BB with 99 and the button raises half his stack (840) in with KAs
      The 99's have better equity on the calculator but I feel like fold is the right move on PStars as Aces and Kings hit the flop turn and river so much.
      Also, the player that made the raise was Vp20 Pr12

Should I be re raising all in with the 99s? Or is fold the correct move?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • stukkrapoel
      stukkrapoel
      Silver
      First of all when your all in with 99 vs AK you'll lose 45% of the time so please dont come in that pokerstars makes you lose.

Second this is a question that just can not be answered. Whos rasing on the button? $840 is half his stack on what blinds? $5/$10 blinds in a sng or $200/$400 in a tournament?

Third of all: Folding 99 in your big blind to a button steal means that your only going on with TT+ and AQ+? Then you're going to defend your big blind 3.5% of the time meaning that the button can come in raising any two cards +ev since youll be folding 96.5% of the time.
    • DougWatts
      DougWatts
      Bronze
      Thanks for the response.
      No one said pokerstars makes anyone lose. I simply stated what I stated, that Aces and Kings hit the board all the time, I do have equity calcutator and know the odds as well.. I personally just get gut feelings with those cards (like 99). Thats why I asked.. and your third pointer helped me out a bunch. I never put it in that perspective, thank you.

-Was early blinds 20/40.
      -45 man microstake tourny 1500 starting chips

I did fold, Kings hit the flop and the button did take the pot. It was earlier in my session today and too early in the session to really get a read from anyone at the table.
    • IGrindW
      IGrindW
      Bronze
      Should I be re raising all in with the 99s? Or is fold the correct move?

If you know he only do that with AK the only question is how you feel it, do you want to play a flip at this time, allin will be call 100% of the time, so if you running bad against this kind of hand just fold it and go to the next one!