Stay away from 888

• Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Two words. Sinking ship. I signed via the free £12 link only to be told three days later that I couldn't have it as apparently I had an account with them already!! I asked them to email me back with details regarding this account. No reply. No surprise. The funny thing was she said I could have the first deposit bonus!! What, even though I have multiple accounts!! For the record I have never had an account nor anyone from my household unless my wife is secretly hitting the tables when im asleep.

They have no traffic, no deals and no future.

I give them a year and if they don't merge they will be bust.
  • 10 replies
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
      dude,

they have huge traffic and better deals than most.

but their support is crap ... thats for sure :)

last time I had an issue it took them 8 days to respond.

good luck

:s_biggrin:
    • ferretboy69
      ferretboy69
      Bronze
      I've never had any issues with 888 poker at all, loadsa fish :-)
    • mik3cook
      mik3cook
      Bronze
      i had the same issue with the £12 bonus, the site is a complete joke, and after i saw AA VS KK VS QQ VS 22 with the chip leader having the 22 and hiting a 2 on the river wich took 30 seconds to be delivered i refuse to play on 888.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Well the stupid thing is they have since offered be $10 for no apparent reason but I went ahead and closed the account anyway as I was so pissed off.

Granted it was the early hours but I saw 36 people I think on 2/5 rush Unlike ipoker they have 1/2 speed/rush which would have been a laugh and then my downfall.

The only good deal Ive seen (and it might work out rubbish in the long run) is the Holdem Manager sign up link which with hindsight I would have done instead. I have since found out I get 25% off all HM and PT products anyway through my RB provider and as I only use the tiddly stakes versions of HM and LB I would have had a tough job spending the $100 you get via 888 lol

I still stand by what I said and they will go busto with that business model. It only works for Stars as they're. well, Stars and we don't mind as it's fishville.
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      I like it, great for when you hit a downswing.

I don't like that Snap poker isn't working the HEM 2 (yet), and I don't like the 6 table limit, but its not a big deal.
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      i really like 888. wish i played it back in the day when it was partnered with PS :( awesome value.

i remember reading about the problems with some accounts though. but high stakes stuff, iirc. that really sucks.
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze

but their support is crap ... thats for sure :)
      +over 9000
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sileekhunt
      I like it, great for when you hit a downswing.

I don't like that Snap poker isn't working the HEM 2 (yet), and I don't like the 6 table limit, but its not a big deal.
      snap will never be supported by any huds, HEM rep said somewhere that 888 asked them specifically to not support snap.
    • MaxLange
      MaxLange
      Bronze
      I won around 3700$ on 888 games are really easy.
    • parke
      parke
      Bronze
      i love 888 poker