Ukrainianspeakinng comunity

• pavlo82
      pavlo82
      Bronze
      Hello. I tried to create such a topic at russian comunity. But there was no understending from russian support of PokerStrategy. It is the time to give us(ukrainians) to speak our native language at PokerStrategy. I hope that we find understanding of our European friends. Spend a survey among Ukrainian users about this question. Thank you. Sorry for mistakes if any.
  • 19 replies
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      Support Ukraine!
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Finns don't have their own community any longer, they have only a 'corner' - a subforum in the English community.

Ukrainian-speaking people may succeed in having such a 'corner' set up, if not a whole new community.

GL!
    • pavlo82
      pavlo82
      Bronze
      Thank you, tonypmm. It is very interesting . We try to realize this idea.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm not sure if there is enough of a demand for a Ukrainian Community to be honest. I'll check it out with my superiors :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      There's surely more demand for it now than ever because Euromaidan discussions in the Russian community result in a lot of flaming and concerns about biased moderation. Afaik, Russians alas often get misrepresented info from the mass media about the current events in Ukraine.
    • pavlo82
      pavlo82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey guys,

I'm not sure if there is enough of a demand for a Ukrainian Community to be honest. I'll check it out with my superiors :)

Best regards,
      Gary
      Hello.
      I offer to ask about this problem Ukrainian users. And PokerStrategy will get information about our opinion.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      There's surely more demand for it now than ever because Euromaidan discussions in the Russian community result in a lot of flaming and concerns about biased moderation. Afaik, Russians alas often get misrepresented info from the mass media about the current events in Ukraine.
      i rather suspect that the entire world is misinformed about current events in the Ukraine.

Please stay safe. It sounds scary there.
      --VS
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi guys, hello Ukraine-

first of all, you - Ukrainians - are very much welcome on all of the PokerStrategy.com forums, whether that's the Russian section or any the English one (language wise, probably the best choices). If you feel more comfortable here, please post in the English forum.

Due to the recent political happenings and hot debates, it might get tricky sometimes to discuss the political issues. All discussions are welcome as long as they are respectful and don't harm anyone's feelings due to the racial prejudices or similar.

Regarding the questions whether you guys should be allowed to post in Ukrainian in our forums - unfortunately we don't have a dedicated community for the UA native speakers, so we have to ask you to work with us and post in English (from what I see, your level of English is good!). This will let all of us understand and follow the discussions. That's the rule in the language-communities we have, it helps us to keep the communication clear and understandable for all. If we changed the rule, we'd have to face a lot of post in all languages that exist. That would be extremely difficult to understand (and reply to), moderate, etc. I believe you understand this point.

We do have the Finnish corner but that's more related to the integration process between the recently closed FI community (that had its own forum). Due to the migration, we wanted to provide the Finns with an area that would be a replacement for their previously existing forum.

If there are any other questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks,
      Marta
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Ukrainian Forum!

SLAVA UKRAINI! ;)
    • fanKarpaty
      fanKarpaty
      Bronze
      Maybe, We should be more insistent on this!
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey fanKarpaty,

I'm afraid this will lead us to nowhere. We're not planning to open a Ukrainian-speaking forum for the reasons mentioned above, hope you understand. It's better to direct your energy and attention towards e.g improving your poker knowledge or learning new things. :)

I also replied here explaining the decision in more detail.

All the best!
    • pavlo82
      pavlo82
      Bronze
      PS decides to give us an opportunity to lead blogs in Ukrainian. Thank you for support.
    • pavlo82
      pavlo82
      Bronze
      http://ru.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=502
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey pavlo82! Good to hear that a compromise has been found. Thanks for the information.
    • pavlo82
      pavlo82
      Bronze
      Welcome to ukrainian corner.
    • iva123
      iva123
      Glory Ukraine! To the heroes Glory!
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• pavlo82
      pavlo82
      Bronze
      Katsaps know English . LOL. And What a pity.