This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Hitting Jack Flush on Turn after free play on flop

• Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.46
      Hero:
      $1.90
      BU:
      $38.68

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , T:diamond:
      7 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 7:heart: , 4:diamond: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.30) 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BU raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $1.80 (All-In), BU calls $0.90.

River: ($4.00) A:club:

Final Pot: $4.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, jack high (Jd Td)
      BU shows a flush, queen high (9d Qd)

BU wins with a flush, queen high (9d Qd)

I figured he had a flush but he had been playing very loose so I figured he could have had a worse flush than me. Obviously he didn't but should I have folded at any time?
  • 4 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i would reraise to maybe.. 3x-4x his bet instead of just min raising him.

If he reraises, i'd seriously consider a fold, but will most probably just push all in.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      On the turn you have a made hand, you can "go broke", flush over flush with 2 cards is soooo rare I wouldn't even consider it in a 3-way pot. Your goal here is to get all your money in the middle without donk betting all-in. So you will bet potsize on the turn.... but you have a customer min-betting the pot, even better. When you make your re-raise you want to do 2 things, 1st give him bad odds to chase a flush and 2nd get the pot large enough so you can go all-in on the river. So I re-raise to .4, with one caller that makes the pot 1.1 and my stack 1.5 and even better with 2 callers for 1.5 pot. In this case you get re-raised behind and at that point I lick my chops and push all-in, he will not fold as he most likely has a good hand and/or a big draw. If he blanks a big draw on the river, I dont want him to fold and escape with some of my money!
      PS "go broke" means "don't fold" not ever in this spot.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spidey1978
      but should I have folded at any time?

Hi Spidey,

No never-ever fold a flush also reraise more to prevent FixedLimit betting patterns going to happen. With a 3x-3.5x reraise, you get 1) more value , 2) you know where your at.

Well played ;)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      I dont fold a 2 card flush for 20bb never ever not 3 high on a non paired board. I dont like this turn minraise fishplay make a normal raise to ,4