[NL2-NL10] NL10 Hitting Jack Flush on Turn after free play on flop

• Spidey1978
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , T:diamond:
      7 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 7:heart: , 4:diamond: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.30) 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BU raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $1.80 (All-In), BU calls $0.90.

River: ($4.00) A:club:

Final Pot: $4.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, jack high (Jd Td)
      BU shows a flush, queen high (9d Qd)

BU wins with a flush, queen high (9d Qd)

I figured he had a flush but he had been playing very loose so I figured he could have had a worse flush than me. Obviously he didn't but should I have folded at any time?
  • 4 replies
    • elhh82
      i would reraise to maybe.. 3x-4x his bet instead of just min raising him.

If he reraises, i'd seriously consider a fold, but will most probably just push all in.
    • davidangel
      On the turn you have a made hand, you can "go broke", flush over flush with 2 cards is soooo rare I wouldn't even consider it in a 3-way pot. Your goal here is to get all your money in the middle without donk betting all-in. So you will bet potsize on the turn.... but you have a customer min-betting the pot, even better. When you make your re-raise you want to do 2 things, 1st give him bad odds to chase a flush and 2nd get the pot large enough so you can go all-in on the river. So I re-raise to .4, with one caller that makes the pot 1.1 and my stack 1.5 and even better with 2 callers for 1.5 pot. In this case you get re-raised behind and at that point I lick my chops and push all-in, he will not fold as he most likely has a good hand and/or a big draw. If he blanks a big draw on the river, I dont want him to fold and escape with some of my money!
      PS "go broke" means "don't fold" not ever in this spot.
    • Gerv
      Originally posted by Spidey1978
      but should I have folded at any time?

Hi Spidey,

No never-ever fold a flush also reraise more to prevent FixedLimit betting patterns going to happen. With a 3x-3.5x reraise, you get 1) more value , 2) you know where your at.

Well played ;)
    • ysessa
      I dont fold a 2 card flush for 20bb never ever not 3 high on a non paired board. I dont like this turn minraise fishplay make a normal raise to ,4