Cheating?

• Mikeyza
      Mikeyza
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

I was playing a $2 NLH SNG game on Titan poker on Sunday.I was on the bubble and UTG 1 raised and everybody folded except for 1 caller.I folded my hand hoping that the other player would get knocked out.As the hand was proggresing the initial raiser told the caller to fold his hand because he had AA.The caller had hit a 7 on the board and was gonna call but then folded.Is this not a form of cheating?I spoke to online support and they said they would get back to me.Still no reply from them.
      What is your opinion?Am i wrong?
  • 19 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      It's not really rule that you can't talk about your hand (afaik) but it's against etiquette. Altho coop play IS against rules.
    • zenopian
      zenopian
      Bronze
      He could have been lying to him :)
      I don't think it's cheating, it's more like "verbal" bluff...
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Titan support wont do anything with this matter.

The long story:

A few months back I was playing a $55 SnG. On the bubble I was up against 3 French fishies. They told eachother what to do (in French). So I basically had no chance. I asked the guys to speek in English (Titan is English chat only), and they refused (although the 3 of them all understood English).

Online support said they would investigate the matter. A few days later I was emailed, stating that no colluding took place. Then online support said knowone at the table was even speeking. Yet I had a screenshot of the table, including tourney ID#, and players chatting.

The short story:

I wouldn't advise anyone to pay on Titan anymore. The "VIP players" get treated like I've never seen anywere else. Its quite funny how they get away with their "support".

Regards,
      Stiev
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      that last one is very bad, and a case in point that I get very frustrated with. On most chat boxes it clearly states at the beginning when joining a tourny or cash table..all chat must be in english. I had 3 Spanish guys chatting away to each other the day, all clearly knew eachother and hands were certainly being mentioned. It's definitely a problem. I was fortunate enough just to be in a cash game at the time, so got up and left.
    • bnapalm
      bnapalm
      Bronze
      that is very bad.. unfortunately, the site admins and support don't really care about that - they get their rake regardless if people are cheating or not.. they basically care only about you making a deposit, and then playing on as high limits as possible, so you can quickly lose your money (so you will make another deposit).
      too bad they fail to see that the non-cheating paying customers will soon switch to another site when they see the cheaters..

as for the original question - no, I don't believe that is cheating, as long as the person says it loud and clear (i mean, not in some coded language, that only his friends could understand). It's up to the opponent to believe him or not..
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      You wont detect the REAL cheaters, they prob have skype or ventrilo so as not to be so obvious...
    • bnapalm
      bnapalm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      You wont detect the REAL cheaters, they prob have skype or ventrilo so as not to be so obvious...
      or they are physically in the same room..
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      cannell, Next time use Google Translator or something :D Although I doubt it would help.

And PartyPoker has some sort of software for collusion detection I think. A few months ago I was playing with a friend on the same table (not colluding) for several times and I had MSN running and from time to time we spoke about some interesting hands AFTER they had finished on the table (like guessing each others ranges, etc). Well, after several times when I wanted to join the same table, party didn't let me to :) And a month or so later when I was cashing out part of my BR, party called me and asked me how I was related to the friend of mine. So they do (at least did) care for collusion.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bnapalm
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      or they are physically in the same room..
      You would have to change your IP or something since Im pretty sure they can see your IPs
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Me and my brother often play while in the same room. We have often been sat on the same table in MTT's. We have been in this situation in most of the big poker clients.

He has even knocked me out of one :(

regards,
      Stiev
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      Fultiltt client has things that could 100% exploring what u have opened right now or what u have on pc :) so if u running VT or TEamspeak they could see it :) if somebody warn them thath u cheat ... :rolleyes: peace
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by miskokvo
      Fultiltt client has things that could 100% exploring what u have opened right now or what u have on pc :) so if u running VT or TEamspeak they could see it :) if somebody warn them thath u cheat ... :rolleyes: peace
      That would be against the law... So no they don't know what programs your running lol....
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      That would be against the law... So no they don't know what programs your running lol....
      nope, it's in the terms and conditions that everyone has to accept when they register.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mikeyza
      Hi Guys

I was playing a $2 NLH SNG game on Titan poker on Sunday.I was on the bubble and UTG 1 raised and everybody folded except for 1 caller.I folded my hand hoping that the other player would get knocked out.As the hand was proggresing the initial raiser told the caller to fold his hand because he had AA.The caller had hit a 7 on the board and was gonna call but then folded.Is this not a form of cheating?I spoke to online support and they said they would get back to me.Still no reply from them.
      What is your opinion?Am i wrong?
      I don't know if it can count as cheating unless they are partners. In live games people lie about there hands all the time, maybe this is the case here. he might not of had ace's.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Originally posted by miskokvo

as redskwerl said... i can confirm it coz my brother told me it and he is computer scientist
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      so they have installed spyware into my computer and I can't do anything about it?...

I don't wanna believe it...
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      SITE TERMS CONDITIONS

The use of artificial intelligence including, without limitation, "robots" is strictly forbidden in connection with Full Tilt Poker. All actions taken in relation to Full Tilt Poker’s games and tournaments must be executed personally by players through the user interface accessible by use of the game software. You agree that Full Tilt Poker may take steps to detect and prevent the use of prohibited EPA programs. These steps may include, but are not limited to, examination of software programs running concurrently with the Full Tilt Poker software on the player’s computer.

peace :tongue:
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Party and Stars has the same policy too, not sure about other sites
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      We should be happy they do that, it protects us against cheaters =)