hello

• metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi all,
      I am relatively new to poker. After many years swearing never to gamble here I am, finally.
      Starting with PKR. had lots off fun working out the basics of the game with little knowledge other than high pair can make your day, and how much fun it is to stare out someone across the table.
      I stumbled across this site looking for the best sign up deal for pokerstars.
      Although i have been really busy with Self employment I have stared to browse over the wealth of knowledge this site provides.
      With a little digging you can find so much out.
      Really enjoyed playing the freerolls, something about money for nothing and your chips for free. Also I have found I do well in most tournaments reaching the prizes. But this is a time consuming effort for the reward and level i am at.

I have started to look into the idea of rake back and started playing multi table NL micro ABC.
      each day I am going to put in up to 8 hours and work up to managing 4 tables.
      So I am now off to star the beginners course now that I have time to do this.

Also came 259th place in the $80000 all in shoot out! Money for nothing! lol
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey metalmonkey80,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Well if you get good enough, it's not really gambling. It just becomes a matter of steady accumulation. Just play mathematically and you'll do alright.

I started my 'career' as a freeroller and you're right, money for nothing is awesome.

Looking forward to hearing of more nice wins.

Laz
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Lazza61,

Many thanks for your welcome.

I have heard many good financial advisers say something along those lines. Good point though.

looking forward to posting some results in the forums. Just made my first homework post in the NL locker room.

I am a very curious person and i look forward to seeing how poker and train will pan out for me.

Maybe, Just maybe!

Who knows.

My regards
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey metalmonkey, a welcome from me also!

Everyone loves free stuff eh? :P We have a lot of players here who took the free money we offered hear and have turned it into small fortunes without ever having to deposit. Perhaps you'll be another? ;)

I see you joined our Beginners Course too, did you know Bogdan has replied? Time to move on to the next lesson =)

I look forward to seeing you around the forums!
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Matt,

Thank for the welcome and I do very much look forward to that free big win one day. (hopefully soon)
      Sadly I wont be joining the leauge of extraordinary tight & famous gentalman / ladies, as I did deposit :(
      On the up side I did join pokerstatergy and get a first deposit bonus to help me on the way.

I see from your profile you have made alot of posts here in the forum 4,292 and counting. So I am looking forward to getting to know you all a little better as I progress on with my poker lessons.

Have also seen and posted lesson two for bogdan review. Hopefully fingers crossed I can keep up with it all.

Have a good evening.

My regards

Matt
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Heh, don't we all :P

Still, a small deposit turned into thousands is will be impressive enough, perhaps they'll still let you in.

Yeah, I've made a few posts here (Not sure where you got that number though:P ), it's a fun place to chat & learn, I've meet some awesome new friends here, hopefully you'll do the same if you stick around for a while. Perhaps open a Blog so people can get to know you?

Best of luck finishing the course!