Failure is not and option.

• OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Good morning,

I’m much more of a lurker than a prolific poster on here, I have been around for a while and have played poker on and off now for 10 years, and although my understanding on the game has increased it would seem I haven’t got to where I want to be! I feel now is the time to cut out all of the bullshit that has been holding me back in the past and do whatever it takes to succeed. I’ve often shied away from posting because I’m on the same level as some of guys, I’ve been embarrassed about not knowing how to work out whether I have made a +EV play or calculated the implied odds correctly and my biggest flaw is not asking for help or guidance. I recently watched a video by Eric Thomas, a guy who I heard of but never really researched. I watched a few of his videos and read some articles about him, he is in my opinion the best motivational speaker I have seen, maybe that’s because everything in his video related to me, he made me realise how easy I have got it although I worked my ass off to get where I am professionally I am now lazy, I am always looking for a quick fix whether it be poker, golf or anything else I am willing to put the hours in playing but not put the time into studying; I’m too busy making up excuses and procrastinating. Now is the time to change!

Eric Thomas

I have read numerous blogs on here from start to finish and think to myself that could be me, which really inspires me, so I write out a study schedule and playing timetable, etc. and this is all good but instead of playing for 2-3 hours that night I’ll ditch the studying play for an extra 2-3 hours tired and end up losing, I find most of my sessions are positive if they are confined to 2 hours but I lack the self-discipline to stop and take a hour break and end up playing badly as I am not concentrating. Now I could make up excuses that I can’t study because I have to go out with my family or I have to work late or I need to go to the gym but all I am doing is lying to myself and this needs to stop!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You’re playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

I have such a passion for poker not just online but live now too, I don’t want to have to give up something I love just because I don’t have the knowledge and discipline to continue! Which is where I would like some help if you can spare the time! My biggest issue with studying is knowing what to study, it would seem a lot of articles and books I find are dated and the videos I watch seem to be quite vague. I’ll be honest I have tried to find a complete guide of what to study in such an order that the piece I reading compliments the next topic but unfortunately this doesn’t seem to exist, probably because everyone learns differently. I have listed a list of things I would appreciate some help with at the bottom of this post, any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

I have toyed with the idea of private coaching but due to some insecurities as I mentioned above I have somewhat shied away from this idea. I am a very confident person and have spoken in front of 100+ people about topics I know and understand but I turn into a right pussy when talking about something I don’t understand fully. Another thing is the cost of some of the sessions, I mean I earn circa £35k a year + bonus but I have a mortgage, family, cars, etc. to pay for! I have also looked into buying a coaching series of videos but can’t find many reviews on them which is why I haven’t taken the plunge yet!

Anyway enough of my bitching and moaning that is all behind me, this is day 1 of my new poker career I am not looking back and I am going to be proactive in my approach to poker now, if that means studying for the next 6 months without playing then so be it I’m tired of failing I need to succeed! This is my last hurrah in the poker world if I don’t succeed then I am going to have to give up a great passion on mine on the basis that I am failure and do not want it enough!

Thanks for taking the time to read this I hope that you can help me out and I hope one day I can do the same for you.

If anyone has any information or can help with the following it would be greatly appreciated:

• Knowing what to study in what order and where to source it from.
      • Taking notes and reviewing what I am studying.
      • Learning plans and scheduling.
      • Reviewing sessions I have played, what and how to do it.
      • Are other video based sites other than PS, such as; deucescracked worth the subscription?
      • Buying a video series; which ones will really help me?
      • Private coaching; is it worth it and are there affordable options for a microstakes player maybe a 70/30 profit share in favour of the coach?

I’ll be sure to add more as and when I think of them, it might sound boring but I think I am going to keep a blog of my studying for the time being if this is allowed, I think it will help me keep focussed and will make it easier to nag people for help.

Thanks again for reading.
  • 22 replies
    • shefass
      shefass
      Bronze
      Hello,

Thank you for very inspiring and motivational reading. I am not very qualified to advice you, because I am not having so much experience, but PokerStrategy.com have a lot good articles for psychology and playing. You only need to register to some ipoker skin by ps affiliation and play for 1$ rake each day for gold status( you get 10 bonus points). There are a lot of answers to your questions, they are hidden in articles, videos and in public coachings. Where are some public coachings for learning techniques , seting goals, etc. You can be coached for free:) sorry for not putting concrete answers, just putted some mine thoughts .
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      I agree with shefass. Seems like a very promising and inspiring blog, so will definitely be following. Eric Thomas :f_thumbsup:

What to study? It depends what do you play (cash,sng's,mtt's)? Go for one and put all the effort in it.
      Check the video section.

I haven't subscribed with DC, CR or other sites, but I'm planning to do next month. Haven't heard any bad reviews and people say that it's worth it. DC have 7 day free trial, so it's worth to take a look.

I never had a private coaching, but I think anyone would say that it's a massive boost and definitely is worth it.
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Evening guys,

Thank you for the kind words and advice, I hope this blog will eventually inspire people in my current position to improve and realise that with hard work and dedication it is achievable. I have worked out I have about 14-18 hours studying over the next week, I just have to find some material to fill that time now! I have decided to join deuces cracked, the videos look well thought out and informational. I have found Pleno's coaching series does anyone know if this is still available? It seems like something I'd be very interested in.

DREAMS

I have been studying techniques this evening, I have never been very good at studying, I passed all my exams and assessments and got to where I am with minimal revision and a lot of bullshitting, so I need to kick this in gear now! Do you have any secrets for revision or any tips that keep you focused?

"There are winners, there are losers and there are people who have not yet learned how to win."

This is still only words at the moment but studying starts tomorrow; that's where all this becomes a reality and the hard work begins! I'm off to get some sleep, here are some thread savers!

Thread saver for men.

Thread saver for women.

Good luck at the tables! G'night.
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Morning all,

I was reading a mindset article this morning and have realised that I am serial quitter. I mean everything I have been good at it the past I quit at because I scared of the hours I'd have to put in to take it to the next level.

• County Swimmer - Quit because I felt I was too young to commit to the training.
      • County Rugby Player - Quit because I'd rather party and smoke.
      • Played a high level of basketball - Quit because I moved house and there was no court near-by.
      • Sponsored carp angler - Quit because I didn't like being away from my family
      • Weight lifting - I haven't quit yet! Even though I am on the end of a bulk and feel like a right fat bastard!

Just looking over the past 15 years I am left with a lot of "what if..." questions! Don't get me wrong I am thankful to be in the position I am now and to have a lovely family but it seems like I have made a lot of tough decisions in my life without even thinking them through thoroughly!

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."

I'm done quitting!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey there Eric and welcome to blogging!

I think there is much in your opening post that might resonate with other pwople; I in particular have always had commitment problems resulting in a fair amount of talent but not really the success I would wish for.

I like your honesty and insight in that you recognize where some of your own weaknesses are, that is a great start!

As for your question about Patrick's coaching package, I am reliably informed that the best way to corner him is to message him on Skype first:

pat.leonard.ps

If there's anything else I can help with please let me know, it's always good to have reader's to keep motivation going and I'll certainly be reading this.

Regards and stick with it, it's worth the extra effort!

Mal.
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hey there Eric and welcome to blogging!

I think there is much in your opening post that might resonate with other pwople; I in particular have always had commitment problems resulting in a fair amount of talent but not really the success I would wish for.

I like your honesty and insight in that you recognize where some of your own weaknesses are, that is a great start!

As for your question about Patrick's coaching package, I am reliably informed that the best way to corner him is to message him on Skype first:

pat.leonard.ps

If there's anything else I can help with please let me know, it's always good to have reader's to keep motivation going and I'll certainly be reading this.

Regards and stick with it, it's worth the extra effort!

Mal.
      Hi Mal,

Thank you for you response and advice, much appreciated. Eric Thomas is the inspirational speaker in the video, my name is Lee ;) .

I hope this will help other see there own weaknesses and work on them, not just in poker but in real life, because there are people who want to exploit your weaknesses in every part of life.

Thanks again for reading, all the best.
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Ranges are on the agenda today, this is a major leak of mine, I play somewhere in-between a stereotypical LAG and TAG, which probably isn't the best place to be. Here are my positional ranges for zoom, obviously these change to specific situations depending on where the fish are.

UTG
      22+, ATs+, KJs+, QJs+, JTs, AJo+, KQo+, 109s, 98s

EP
      Open
      22+, A5s+, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo

Call
      TT-22, AQs-ATs, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, AQo-ATo, KJo+

3-Bet
      JJ+, AQs+, AQo+

CO
      Open
      22+, A2s+, K6s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, A5o+, K9o+, Q9o+, J9o+

Call
      99-22, ATs-A2s, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo, KJo+, QJo

3-Bet
      TT+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+

BTN
      Open
      Situation depending it could be 100% of hands.
      22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J6s+, T6s+, 96s+, 85s+, 74s+, 63s+, 53s+, 43s, A2o+, K6o+, Q7o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98o

Call
      99-22, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, ATo, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo

3-Bet
      TT+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+

Small blind is very dependent upon the situation and I must admit I struggle here. Does anyone have an article that has helped them with this?

Well here are my ranges please feel free to critique them, I know they are not perfect.

I have just bought a 1000mm x 600mm cork board to pin above my monitors for quick references, do any of you guys keep information around you for quick reference whilst playing?

T4NK
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      What format and stakes do you play?
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Another microstakes player unfortunately! At the moment I am playing NL5, will be moving up to NL10 shortly. I have played up to NL50 but with varying success!
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Good morning,

Well first night of study last night, I have bought 2 of mbml's books, I have started reading the beginner one, although I am o fey with a lot of the concepts I have read so far, I am impressed with the content and the way in which it is written. I'm finding the best way of taking notes at them moment is to read x amount of pages and write down any important information which I need to go over again. This seems to be working fine for now.

Another passion of mine is bodybuilding, I'm not in the aesthetics crew as I've just finished a bulk but I feel strong as ox at the moment. Managed a decent back and bicep workout last night, here is my workout plan if you care about that kind of thing:

Deadlift 5 x 5
      Pulldowns 3 x 12-15
      T-bar row 3 x 8-10
      Close grip seated row 3x 8-10
      EZ bar curls 4 x 8-10
      Hammer curls 3 x 8-10

Managed a new PB on deadlifts, not too far off 200kg now!

CT Fletcher

Anyway I think the plan is to grind out some NL5 with quite an aggressive BRM (20 or so buy-ins) not sure if I should play zoom or normal tables, I'm also thinking of moving my small roll from stars to somewhere on the ipoker network or maybe 888 any information on these sites would be great. Studying wise I think I will finish both of mbml's books then read "The education of a modern poker player" I think these are the most modern books and are still relevant to today's, in the meantime I'll be watching video series on DC hopefully this will further enhance my learning.

I'd like to start a study group if any microstakes players are interested, add me as a friend on here and I will send you my skype where we can chat.

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential."

Thanks again for reading.

Sorry for the edits: Damn you YouTube!
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      "Why do we fall" probably my most favorite motivational video on youtube.
      I play NL5 FR ZOOM.

Why do you want to move your roll?
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jawoftheox
      "Why do we fall" probably my most favorite motivational video on youtube.
      I play NL5 FR ZOOM.

Why do you want to move your roll?
      Nice one, where you from pal? You haven't thought about coming over to 6max?

The only reason I was thinking of changing my roll was because I'd like a bit of a change and maybe the chance to grind out some bonus!
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      I am latvian, but atm I live in UK.

At the very beginning I was playing 6max, but when took poker more seriously I started with full-ring, because I thought that would be easier at the beginning. Also didn't deposit, and my br was from freeroll, like 4 BI for NL2, so I just wanted to minimize variance and take it slowly. There is no NL4 FR traffic on 888, so I tried 6max and I didn't enjoy it. I know I will have to change to 6-max sooner or later, but when I will have bigger knowledge and stronger game it will be easier. Right now it's really hard to loosen up so radically, because my pre-flop game isn't so strong. :)

Yea, bonuses is a big part of bankroll building, since I'm playing NL5 I don't really worry too much, but when moving up I'm definitely going to look for best bonus and rakeback deals :)

I don't know about rakeback or other bonuses, but @ 888 you can get $10k freeroll ticket every day.
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Good morning all,

Haven't updated for a few days, moved my roll to PKR where I had some tickets for tournaments. The software and games are a bit slow but the competition is quite soft, however I did lose a couple of buy-ins the weekend from multi-way all-in pots, there are an abundance of recreational players, I had AA under the gun when someone knocked on my door, so I shoved AA and went to sort out the delivery driver, came back and saw that I had lost, quick check back over the hand...3 callers, but to be fair I should have known 10c4c would have hit the flush. :f_frown: . Ah well, I think PKR is the best option at the moment, it gives me chance to practice what I am learning in a relatively lax environment with 30% rakeback.

I managed to get into the PS Sunday Million last night and had an early double up only to be raped by set over set and then overpair vs set. Railed Pleno until I fell asleep woke up and railed him some more, congrats to him on another 6 figure Sunday! SICKO!

I'm finding mbml books interesting, still taking a load of notes which I will be able to use as a quick reference, he explains things very clearly and simply and doesn't over complicate things.

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

Goals for March are:
      • Profit of >5bb/100
      • Finish both of mbml's books
      • Start reading "The education of a modern poker player"
      • Right a review for both mbml's books.
      • Watch a 30 on training videos on DC and write extensive notes.
      • If the first 2 points are achieved, move my role to an Ipoker skin and grind out a new bonus.

As always, any material you have found useful in your poker journey or if you are playing the same limits as me, please post a link to it or add me on here for my skype address so we can talk further.

OoT4NKoO
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Good morning all,

Just had a quick read through my last post and realised I left my volume goal of the month which is 30,000 hands, which isn't a lot as I could play that many hands in a week on zoom but PKR only averages 65 hands per hour and I am only playing 4 tables, this may change to 6 once I have accustomed myself to the slow bulky software.

I played a few hours last night and managed to lose $20 then get back up to $30, I have decided to play NL10 with quite an aggressive BRM of 20 BI's. I started off playing NL5; this sounds incredibly nooby but I moved up to NL10 because of how fishy NL5 was, I mean NL10 isn't much better but people seem to respect your raises a little more, even though they have no idea about position. Every-time, I 3bet or 4bet at NL5 there would be 2-3 callers, I found it so difficult to get any inkling to whether I was behind or ahead. Anyway, I have made the decision to move up, I'm up 3 buy-ins, lets see how it goes!

"Life, like poker has an element of risk. It shouldn't be avoided. It should be faced."

I found an article on equilab which looks like it's going to help no end with session reviews, I will be having a read of that in the near future. I wrote up a new schedule for learning, playing and session reviews which I have implemented today.

Gym Day Activity
      05:00:00 Get up, make coffee, get ready for study session.
      05:15:00 Study session
      06:15:00 Finish session, make breakfast for everyone.
      06:30:00 Breakfast and get ready.
      07:00:00 Leave for work
      07:15:00 Start work
      17:00:00 Finsh work
      17:30:00 Gym
      18:30:00 Home
      19:15:00 Dinner
      19:30:00 Session review
      20:00:00 Poker
      22:30:00 Bed

Non-Gym Activity
      07:00:00 Leave for work
      07:15:00 Start work
      17:00:00 Finish work
      17:30:00 Cook dinner/Family time
      19:00:00 Sesison review
      19:30:00 Poker
      20:30:00 Daughter bedtime story
      21:00:00 Poker
      22:30:00 Bed

Weekend Activity
      07:00:00 Poker
      09:00:00 30 minute break
      09:30:00 Poker
      11:30:00 End of session
      11:45:00 Visiting/Gym/Family time
      17:00:00 Dinner and family time
      21:00:00 Poker
      23:00 Bed

These are 3 sample days, obviously these adapt to suit things that cannot be planned for, but I am trying to follow this as strictly as possible for the rest of March to try and make it a habit. Hopefully by the end of the month we'll see a big bb/100 and all the other goals smashed!

People are awesome!

I've filled my cork board up with ranges at the moment until I can memorise them and I can then fill the board with something a little more useful. I have my misses testing me on ranges of certain player types and ranges based on VPIP, hopefully this will help the learning process!

I'm going to post a graph in here at the end of every week; or if I have a beast of a session! I will also start posting hands in the valuation section and link them to here, you'll then see how big of a fish I am! :f_love:

Thread saver!

T4NK
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by OoT4NKoO
      Hi all,

Ranges are on the agenda today, this is a major leak of mine, I play somewhere in-between a stereotypical LAG and TAG, which probably isn't the best place to be. Here are my positional ranges for zoom, obviously these change to specific situations depending on where the fish are.

UTG

EP
      Open
      22+, A5s+, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo

Call

3-Bet
      JJ+, AQs+, AQo+

CO
      Open
      22+, A2s+, K6s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, A5o+, K9o+, Q9o+, J9o+

Call
      99-22, ATs-A2s, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo, KJo+, QJo

3-Bet
      TT+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+

BTN
      Open
      22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J6s+, T6s+, 96s+, 85s+, 74s+, 63s+, 53s+, 43s, A2o+, K6o+, Q7o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98o

Call
      99-22, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, ATo, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo

3-Bet
      TT+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+

Small blind is very dependent upon the situation and I must admit I struggle here. Does anyone have an article that has helped them with this?

Well here are my ranges please feel free to critique them, I know they are not perfect.

I have just bought a 1000mm x 600mm cork board to pin above my monitors for quick references, do any of you guys keep information around you for quick reference whilst playing?

T4NK
      Some ranges here are way too wide and especially your cold calling ranges. And you haven't specified vs what positions you are cold calling for example your CO range, so I assume vs UTG and MP which too wide as well. Your ranges need to be adjusted, even UTG opening range.

You need to have a range from each position to played against different positions. For example, if you open CO and SB 3bets you, you need a defending range specific to SB 3betting range which will be different to what BB is 3betting you etc. Or if you MP opens you need to have cold calling range vs that specific position depending where you are sitting and these ranges will be different if UTG is opening for example.

It maybe sounds complicated, but that's how it is. You can't just cold call ATo in CO vs MP or UTG... You may call it on BTN vs CO maybe as the ranges there get wider, but cold calling ATo vs MP or UTG is too spewy because their Ax range will dominate you a lot more often and with that hand you will need to bluff a lot more that in BTN vs CO situation.

Regards

Rihard
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Originally posted by OoT4NKoO
      Hi all,

UTG

EP
      Open

Call

3-Bet
      JJ+, AQs+, AQo+

CO
      Open

Call

3-Bet
      TT+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+

BTN
      Open

Call

3-Bet
      TT+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+

T4NK
      Some ranges here are way too wide and especially your cold calling ranges. And you haven't specified vs what positions you are cold calling for example your CO range, so I assume vs UTG and MP which too wide as well. Your ranges need to be adjusted, even UTG opening range.

You need to have a range from each position to played against different positions. For example, if you open CO and SB 3bets you, you need a defending range specific to SB 3betting range which will be different to what BB is 3betting you etc. Or if you MP opens you need to have cold calling range vs that specific position depending where you are sitting and these ranges will be different if UTG is opening for example.

It maybe sounds complicated, but that's how it is. You can't just cold call ATo in CO vs MP or UTG... You may call it on BTN vs CO maybe as the ranges there get wider, but cold calling ATo vs MP or UTG is too spewy because their Ax range will dominate you a lot more often and with that hand you will need to bluff a lot more that in BTN vs CO situation.

Regards

Rihard
      Rihard,

Nice no busllshit comment. Since I have started reading up on ranges more and more I am realising how much in depth knowledge is needed to fully understand it. I agree with what you have written and you're right it is a complex subject that I will have to work at. Thank you for your response, hopefully you can stick around and point me in the right direction in future, it is always helpful having more experienced players dropping in.

Apart from your private coaching what helped you increase your basic understanding of not just ranges but poker in general? Do you have any literature you can share with me?

Thanks

T4NK
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Discuss hands a lot and play a lot. These are the main parts of your development process. While I play and have a hand I am not sure about and want other opinions, I will post in the skype study group and discuss it while on session. This helps me quicker absorb the information while my brain is focused on poker. I've noticed that if I discuss hands after sessions I understand the concepts a bit slower. :D But I'm pretty sure that it is just something within me and might not be true for you.

If you want to improve, just keep thinking the right way while playing. Think about what specific parts of villain's range you are attacking when you are bluffing and when you are extracting value.

I don't know any useful reading material to be honest. And I cannot recommend any videos as I am bronze status, and most decent videos are above this status. But pleno's zoom video for basic members is pretty good to watch if you try and understand what he explains. Oblio's playing with the pros basic video is also good if you pay attention on his thought process. Maybe there are some more, I'm not sure, someone else might point out any other videos.

But so far the best learning material for me was discussing poker with other players.

Rihard
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Discuss hands a lot and play a lot. These are the main parts of your development process. While I play and have a hand I am not sure about and want other opinions, I will post in the skype study group and discuss it while on session. This helps me quicker absorb the information while my brain is focused on poker. I've noticed that if I discuss hands after sessions I understand the concepts a bit slower. :D But I'm pretty sure that it is just something within me and might not be true for you.

If you want to improve, just keep thinking the right way while playing. Think about what specific parts of villain's range you are attacking when you are bluffing and when you are extracting value.

I don't know any useful reading material to be honest. And I cannot recommend any videos as I am bronze status, and most decent videos are above this status. But pleno's zoom video for basic members is pretty good to watch if you try and understand what he explains. Oblio's playing with the pros basic video is also good if you pay attention on his thought process. Maybe there are some more, I'm not sure, someone else might point out any other videos.

But so far the best learning material for me was discussing poker with other players.

Rihard
      Thanks Rihard, looks as though I will need to start a study group, or join one...I'll add that to my March goals. Just out of interest, are you playing NL10 fast on iPoker (can't remember if I read that in your blog or not), if so are you going to document your findings in a blog as I'd like to have a read of that!

Also, as your signature suggest, when you become a legend; I'll take some coaching with you...