woodmo's Corner :-]

• woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      Allright, pokerstrategy has now decided to 'shut down' / move the swedish forums to the english, with a sub forum here.

So with all that happening i have decided to start a new blog here in the english forums instead, maybe this will be a good oppertunity to learn more, and meet more people to talk with. And hopefully improve my english aswell, im sure i will have some spelling-problems :D

Anyway, my name is Mikael (Mike) and im a 25 year old swedish guy who for now lives in Portugal with a friend of mine.

I'm currenlty spending most of my time playing on a swedish pokerroom called "Svenska spel", the reason i play there is because of alot of recreational players, and the regulars on my limits aint much to be afraid of either.

Im playing nl400 and nl500 Swedish kronor, that's like 60-70 $

Graph for this year so far :

I will have no specific goals with this blog, just to.. somewhat.. keep track i guess, and maybe get to talk to some new poeple etc.

How serious the blog will be i dont know, time will tell. One thing i know is that im verry bad at updating when im not running good :D

Thats all for now anyway, if u would like to ask me something - please do!

Cheers :s_thumbsup:
  • 65 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mike,

Welcome to the English forums. :)

I had no idea they were relocating the Swedish community. Of course all you guys will be warmly welcomed here. :f_biggrin:

Really nice graph and hope you enjoy yourself here.

Cheers

Laz
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      The traffic in the swedish sections was getting extremly low, so i think it was a good decision to finally move 'us' :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I'v been playing full time now for... well, over 6-8 month atleast. Dont remember the exact date.
      During all this time i'v just been playing poker 'randomly'. I have no structure in my grinding, or life itself. And im really starting to question this life im living right now :D

I really need to get some proper structure up in here yo! I have been thinking of making a scheadule, if that would work i dont know.

Anyone have any tips/ideas how to get some more structure in your life and grind?

Thanks
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mike,

You could check out Schnitzelfisch's thread The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity.

Regards

Laz
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      thanks for the link, i will defenitly read that :)

A bit to tierd to start now but just read the beginning, maybe i can make some followups in the blog :)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Another good example of a life-tracking spreadsheet is in Godlikeroy's blog (the new, Zen one).

Have you ever tried out PLO? It's pretty soft, and SvS has an advantage of offering 200 bb games where lots of maniacs appear :f_grin: (at least at low stakes). What a pity I'm not Swedish :f_cry:

GL!
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Glad to be a swede ^^
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Another good example of a life-tracking spreadsheet is in Godlikeroy's blog (the new, Zen one).

Have you ever tried out PLO? It's pretty soft, and SvS has an advantage of offering 200 bb games where lots of maniacs appear :f_grin: (at least at low stakes). What a pity I'm not Swedish :f_cry:

GL!
      Stay away from my PLO tables woodmo >: ( hehe :f_biggrin:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by Skojj
      So true :f_biggrin: A SvS table with two regs is not a decent table, is it? :f_biggrin:
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Originally posted by Skojj
      So true :f_biggrin: A SvS table with two regs is not a decent table, is it? :f_biggrin:
      Hehe well it's not that good as you think, the average is about 2 regs and 2 fishes, and then me
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Svs got no regs, they got players who know the basics and then it's whales.
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      : )
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      I had almost forgotten i had this little 'blog' thingy. And as i said in the first post im rly bad at updating and posting in it.

Anyway i'm back to sweden and been here for 4months. It is really nice to be back home again to be honest. I was grinding alot when i got back but i really didnt enjoy it that much. I was always at home playing, and when i wasnt playing i sat at the computer anyway, and its just not sustaineable in the long run. All my love for poker was gone, especially at a point where i was breakeven for a deacent sample. so i took a break for 2 months wich was really nice, and i didnt miss poker at all. But i dont wanna get a regular job either, so when the money started dropping lowish i decided to start playing again.

And i do enjoy it again. Hopefully i can do a better job this time with playing and living at the same time :)

Mostly played on full tilt untill i took my break, since then im only playing on the swedish site, and will keep doing that from now.

• woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      4 is the magic number.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      hahaha nice :D Just found your blog. Shame you're not in portugal anymore, I might have come down for a visit. :f_biggrin:

GL and keep updating cuz I'ma follow :f_love: might hit you up on skype for a svs sweat later too
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      yaay :) havent really been active here for a long time.
      and im actually kinda happy to be back in sweden :D it feels more.....home :f_thumbsup:

yea sure, just say the word!
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      woodmo's corner :f_p:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      HI woodmo, nice to see you back here again. :)

Have you tried this:

#1 Save image to desktop
      #2 Left click, drag and drop into thread/blog etc.
      #3 Done like an I.T. wiz!

You don't need to go through image hosting sites anymore, cool huh!

Best regards,

Mal.
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      Thank you Mr.Gadget !

And also thanks for the tip. that worked :-) pokerstrategy improving. oohyEeaH! :f_drink:
    • ZapOut
      ZapOut
      Bronze
      Did i got that right that you had winrate 4444,44 after 3.8k hands ???
      If so, you are crazy dude :roto2:
      That is not even crushing, i dont know, im speechless 8-o