Champions League!!!

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Today, is the seconf part of the Champions League. A way to stress out and to think something different from Poker.
      I support Marseille and Lyon.
      What Team do you support????
      I think Barcalona is Hoooot, Liverpool too, Manchester of course!!!
      What team do you think will win this year's Champions League???

• 51 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Liverpool supporter here, even though they cost me a bit of money today. For those who didn't catch that game Athletico drew even with about 7 minutes to go.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze

fuck you and all your money real madrid :D :)
      and plz don´t fuck us in the second leg ^^

favourites are manu, chelsea and barca imo. doesn´t really matter to me though but hopefully bayern and inter will fail as soon as possible ^^
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      How can you not mention Arsenal after they tore apart Fenerbahce 5-2, on their home ground as well. :D

Regards,

Steve
    • RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      Im a big Liverpool fan as you can probably guess from my nickname :)

Good game last night with Athletico, would have been nice to win there but I'm happy with a point cos I cant see Marseille or PSV doing anything. I think it will be the English teams to beat once again, though Barca, Real and AC Milan are always there or thereabouts as well. The the dirty Mancs have to be favourite, when they get going they've got the best team in the world. Chelski have been a well oiled machine this season almost effortlessly steamtrolling teams. Arsenal have looked good at times but still cant deal with physical teams. And as for Liverpool, we definitely have the look of a good cup team at the moment, and I always fancy us in the Champions League nowadays :)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      How can you not mention Arsenal after they tore apart Fenerbahce 5-2, on their home ground as well. :D
      well werder bremen won 5 to 2 at the allianz arena so i guess they are favourites as well :P
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      ok I add Arsenal to the picture... BUT let's face it, Arsenal's team is still young and need more experience. They'll go far, but still will fail against monster teams like Barca or Manchester or even Liverpool. By the way I don't know how did I not mention AC MILAN... they're hoooot and Ronaldhino is HUNGRY.
      Let say Arsenal will win next year :P
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I agree that we are young but not so inexperienced as Tuesday showed. Another problem is that we did get muscled out of matches sometimes but again proved that we are starting to deal with that side of the game.

As for not being able to beat "monster teams", we have beat these so called monster teams in the past and on a regular basis so i cant see how that figures in the equation tbh.

Regards,

Steve
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1seednoir1
      ok I add Arsenal to the picture... BUT let's face it, Arsenal's team is still young and need more experience. They'll go far, but still will fail against monster teams like Barca or Manchester or even Liverpool. By the way I don't know how did I not mention AC MILAN... they're hoooot and Ronaldhino is HUNGRY.
      Let say Arsenal will win next year :P
      because AC milan didn't qualify.

I think the favorites are manchester, chelsea, bayern i would like roma to win it but to bad they're playing terrible.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze

Now c'mon, all you doubters beware!!

The red men are well capable as you all know!!!
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Is this you Cannell???

I see what people are capable of just to support there team...

Ok to heat it up I'll say Lyon will win this year. They will beat all the favorites starting from Liverpool, to Manchester. They will eat Arsenal in the way :D ... n barcelona's team won't recover from a hung up then will fall against liverpool, before we finish Liverpool.
      We're just gonna kick some ass!!!!!

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yes, that is me in the pic ;)

Football isn't a sport for most people arount these parts, it's a way of life.
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      LYOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN..... BORDEAUX!!!!

It's sooo great see Karim Benzema and his lovely teammates, killin yaaa all...

Watch out people... watch out.... Lyon is coming!!!!!
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Anyone catch the liverpool game yesterday? Do you think that was a penalty in injury time? I don't think it was, but im not complaining since im a liverpool fan.

Also was flipping back and forth between the chelsea game. See the second yellow deco got for taking a quick free kick. Thats bs, sending a player off for that. Hope theres better games called today.

Anyways Im betting on manchester united and real madrid to get it done today. Anyone else betting on the games today. Good luck to you.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi straddler71,

If the "challenge" on gerrard was outside the box, it was a definaite freekick imo. In the area I dont think it should have stopped play, but the same as you, i'm happy to take it.

The Chelsea sending off was also debatable imo. Although the referee did tell him to wait for the whistle, so I guess its a form of descent.

I dont like the Real Madrd bet tbh. I see huge value in Juventus at 9-2.

The key to betting is to bet where their is value, and not betting on what you think or want to win.

Therefore my selections for tonight are:

Juventus at 9/2
      Fenerbahce at a huge 10/1, Arsenal have players out, and at this price I think theres huge value.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • leogotinha
      leogotinha
      Bronze
      Go Go Chelsea!!! :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Therefore my selections for tonight are:

Juventus at 9/2
      Fenerbahce at a huge 10/1, Arsenal have players out, and at this price I think theres huge value.

Regards,
      Stiev
      i'll take a win and a close draw. Good night of football results imo.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      BUMS once again :D

• Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      BUMS once again :D

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by straddler71
      Anyways Im betting on manchester united and real madrid to get it done today. Anyone else betting on the games today. Good luck to you.
      Well how much did you lost??? Real was beat hard enough and Manchester gets a poor draw... maaaannnn why didn't you bet on lyon???