Find out other players hole cards online

• 14 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hey ZeroDegrees,

hm that's a tough question... You'll get a feeling for it after playing some thousand hands... But if you really want to train it I think the only way to do so is reviewing your sessions and look for showdown hands and analyze these hands (without results of course ;) ) by looking at our opponents action and then giving them a hand range. Well and then you can check if your guess was right by displaying the results.
      I couldn't think of another way to train card-reading tbh...

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • heartburn13
      heartburn13
      Bronze
      you can play with your cards covered up, this will help tou focus on reads and betting action as stealing pots is all you got, due to not being able to see your cards. PLEASE TRY IN FREEROLLS, OR VERY LOW BUYINS:)
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Yeah, both of the tips should work. Seems I have my work cut out there :) . Actually I've played some 1000 hands, but usually I have problems putting my opponents on the cards. If I cover up my cards I guess that's by a paper on the screen?!

A comment about the "feel": I started reading Doyle's Supersystem last Sunday. He said we should take our feelings in a hand more seriously. B4 that, I almost always discarded my feeling and just played what I thought was statistically right. Well, I took Doyle's advice to heart and put more trust in my feelings. It Do work 4 me :) . The 3 succeeding tourneys after that were: top7 (of 428), 39(3000), 2(500). I rest my case hehe.

Have great lifes! (a great day is still only 1 day)
      ZeroDegreez
    • heartburn13
      heartburn13
      Bronze
      black out a few post it notes that will cover them, 1 yellow 1 is see through.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi ZeroDegrees,

What form of holdem do you play?

You shouldn't be worried about other peoples cards. Beginners should concentrate on ABC poker. Which is basically playing your own cards. After you have played a good sample size, you will start to put your villains on a hand range. So until then, just play your own cards imo ;)

As a beginner, DO NOT play with your cards covered, it's hugely -EV, and wont help a beginner.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      I play NL $5/$10, Sit n Go's and tourneys. Have some good results when I've played my A-game. I'm not a beginner, have played 4 a year. At the moment I feel like I'm in a transition state to a little more advanced :) . Wonder how good one can b to put the villains (love the name btw) on the right range. But u'r wright, I have plenty to train now too. But my goal is clear. Reading the men and women and get the best of 'em; that's real poker. 4 now, I experiment some and most often stick 2 the theory.

Thx 4 all the great answers! Super!
      2 skill n luck!

ZeroDegreez
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Umm if you played for 4 years and are winning player, i'm quite sure that you should have general idea how putting soemoen on ranges work and fixing it according to theyr style which is pretty much all you need.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      I play NL $5/$10, Sit n Go's and tourneys. Have some good results when I've played my A-game. I'm not a beginner, have played 4 a year.

ZeroDegreez
      No, he's played 4 a year ... that is, he's probably played about 16 sng tournaments in the last 4 years ;)

(*took out a word that made no sense)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      I play NL $5/$10, Sit n Go's and tourneys. Have some good results when I've played my A-game. I'm not a beginner, have played 4 a year. At the moment I feel like I'm in a transition state to a little more advanced :) . Wonder how good one can b to put the villains (love the name btw) on the right range. But u'r wright, I have plenty to train now too. But my goal is clear. Reading the men and women and get the best of 'em; that's real poker. 4 now, I experiment some and most often stick 2 the theory.

Thx 4 all the great answers! Super!
      2 skill n luck!

ZeroDegreez
      Hi ZeroDegreez,

If you are asking this question, then I'm sorry, but you are a beginner. It's a beginners question.

You play $5/$10?

Regards,
      Stiev
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      which site do you play at? username? :D
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi again! Ok channell, I surrender, great observation. I am a beginner, but i'm still moving up. I believe in thinking about the core, fundamental questions in all activities. BTW, did u know that some solo violinist players just play simple, very slow scales b4 they go out 2 the audience and orcester? And about the Sit n Goes, I've played some 300. And I've played 4 1(one :) ) year. I play at Mansion under the name TwoColors and at Cake as Gawil. I wonder, when did u all felt u were pretty good at placing the bad guys on the right hands? And what limits do u have to that to succeed?

See ya!
      ZeroDegreez
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

I believe basic ABC poker is profitable up to the $22 SnG's. Once you get the feel for placing guys on hands (comes naturally with time) you can use it on limits from $11ish imo.

About claiming to be experianced - people can help you out alot more if you tell us your exact situation. Theres no real need to try and be something your not, it wont help matters.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Everyone thinks they are good when they start winning, I know I did. The truth is that you dont need to be that good to beat bad players.
      I wouldnt recommend playing with your cards covered, that kind of thing sounds good for a good player perfecting his game.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      there is anything better then good old experience. When i first started playing i had no idea what the other guy was holding. Now I'm getting better and better at putting people on a rang. Just play, and always think to yourself what hand would he play the way he is playing. Not every1 plays the same hands/the same way so u have to take into account how loose/ tight they are.