New on here

• Terbo977
      Terbo977
      Bronze
      Hello from Ireland

Well I've been playing poker a while now, tho not very successfully I might add, Was reading book the education of a modern poker player in a friends house, he only got the book but I seen they referenced this site a few times. I forgot I even joined this site, but I want to give poker a real go this time

I have not been great at online poker at all, only micro stakes and I still have no luck, Play locally in Dublin from time to time but have been out of the game a good while. I play SNG mostly but I want to try my hand at NL cash games.

I'm looking through the lessons here, I know the basics but im trying to get my head around odds and outs which is my downfall, calculating the odds to slow online. So any tips or help to guides on that would be great

Hope to get to know you guys soon

Terry
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Terry,

Welcome to PokerStrategy. :)

I can recommend the NL Beginners Course. Doing this course will ensure you are aware of all the key points necessary to start playing cash games.

The authors of that book, jbpatzer, TwiceT and ManuC16 are all active members of our community so look them up if you like.

Cheers

Laz
    • TheNutsCracked
      TheNutsCracked
      Bronze
      Nice to see someone else from the emerald isle here. :f_thumbsup:
    • Terbo977
      Terbo977
      Bronze
      Cheers for the info, Gonna start this tomo, Hopefully ill start getting better, never really sat down and read alot of things which is why I havint really been that good,

I've also just ordered their book so hopefully ill learn a bit from them.

Cheers again and ill see you at the tables....someday ha!
    • Terbo977
      Terbo977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheNutsCracked
      Nice to see someone else from the emerald isle here. :f_thumbsup:
      Happy days mate!!! Popped into have a look at some action at the UKIPT today, Steve O'Dwyer was doing alright when I saw him, Stephen Grafton was doing very well today.