MTT or Cash Games?

• 4 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Neither.

Like Liam Neeson, both of these games have a very particular set of skills, and while there will be some concepts that crossover, generally if you move from playing one to the other you need to start almost from scratch.

You could also learn both at the same time, though your progress would be slower.

I personally play cash as main game, and mtt as infrequent hobby.
    • DougWatts
      DougWatts
      Bronze
      very true. I find my self enjoying cash games and studying more cash game strategies. I am building my BR from approx 50$ USD in the .1/.2 cash tables on Stars. Going to stick in there and only play MTTS every other weekend instead of mixing it up everyday.

Thanks for the reply.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      You don't need to master either of Cash or MTTs before you play the other. Both are different games but there are a few similarities between the two to make the switch a lot simpler than you think.

You just need to make a few changes. You may find it difficult if you play 6Max cash and move to MTT's as they're usually 9handed which can confuse you a little at first.

Read a couple of Articles, watch a video or two on MTTs and play in some Micro MTTs for fun, you can a vast amount from that $1 :)
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      unless you want to regularly be spending 12 hours straight sitting in front of a computer, I'd focus more on cash :)