PT4 rakeback line tutorial?

• JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I'm such a noob with PT4 :f_cry: , I have no idea how to add the rakeback line. I saw a lot of you added in their graph. So if you could post here some screenshots or detailed instructions how to do it I would be very happy. TY :f_grin:
  • 15 replies
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Moved this to our PokerTracker forum for you :)
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      There is no tutorial for adding a rakeback line because for most sites rakeback can no longer be calculated by a tracker with accuracy. Years ago this was very easy to do because most sites shared their calculations, now rakeback (if it is even still provided) tends to be a hidden calculation.

First you must discover what rakeback model is used by the site you play at, if it is dealt or contributed rakeback then the rakeback can be calculated. If it is a weighted model then the rakeback cannot be calculated with any accuracy because the calculations are only known to the poker site.

If you are a PokerStars player then there is no rakeback provided to players, they provide rewards instead via the earning of VPPs and FPPs. VPPs can be tracked using a custom stat available in the PokerTracker Download Warehouse, but it is impossible to track FPPs because PokerStars does not provide the details necessary in the hand history to now what earning level you are at.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      (($/VPP) * VPP's / Rake paid) * 100 = Rakeback %

Right?
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      I undertsand. I just saw Pleno showing his graph and it had a winnings+rakeback line so I was curious how the did that, maybe I should ask him?
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by JCSeerup
      (($/VPP) * VPP's / Rake paid) * 100 = Rakeback %

Right?
      PokerStars changes their rewards calculation every year, I personally do not know if this calculation is accurate. How do you calculate $/VPP? How do they measure rake paid? This information does not appear to be easily accessible via google search, but if you can provide us links that can verify this calculation and how to calculate it - then we can make a rakeback stat rather than just a VPP stat. To the best of my knowledge you need to know the VIP level of the player at the time that the VPPs were earned, which makes this untrackable - but if you could show us how it can be tracked, we will certainly investigate.

- TT
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by JJWic3
      I undertsand. I just saw Pleno showing his graph and it had a winnings+rakeback line so I was curious how the did that, maybe I should ask him?
      We helped Plano track VPPs IIRC, we know him well. Your situation may be the same as his, or it may be radically different - it all depends on the poker room you are playing at. I would advise speaking to your Rakeback source first to find out how the site calculates rakeback so you can track it. If they tell you it is a straight percentage chances are that is an error... virtually no sites do it this way anymore.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      For tourneys, DL this custom stat (or this and this) and replace 0.85 (85% cashback - iPoker VIP+races, baby :f_thumbsup: ) by your_RB_%/100%; (or create it yourself - disregard step 4 in the pic, instead, duplicate a net winnings stat):

(or, for actual winnings, var_amt_net_curr_conv; read the custom stat creation guide at PT4's website first).

For cash (say, 74%), DL this custom stat and tweak the RB% (from 0.575 to yours/100%) as follows:

(or amt_won_curr_conv for actual winnings).

I hope it's not too messy and you've got the point.

@ rep: while it's true that most sites don't offer flat RB, a player usually sets a rake goal for a month or even year ahead (doesn't stop playing until the target is reached) and can predict the return % pretty accurately.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold

@ rep: while it's true that most sites don't offer flat RB, a player usually sets a rake goal for a month or even year ahead (doesn't stop playing until the target is reached) and can predict the return % pretty accurately.
      We provide that rakeback calculation stat in the download warehouse for those who do not care about accuracy - but we make sure the user is always told that this is the case or else we hear about it later on when they assume their database is wrong because their rakeback does not match what the database claims. This tends to become a support headache for us as your could imagine if the user isn't made very clear about this in advance, this is a topic we answer at least 15x or more a week but due to the complex nature of this topic and the extensive misinformation about rakeback in the market we prefer to use this question and answer route.

With that said, you assume JJWic3 is playing on iPoker, but he hasn't confirmed that for us yet - perhaps you already knew he is an iPoker player?. Your advice is what we would eventually give him if he was playing on iPoker, but if he was playing elsewhere the advice would greatly change. Every site is different, we tailor our answers to the site.
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      I thought I mentioned I play on Stars but it seems I didn't :facepalm: .
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by JJWic3
      I thought I mentioned I play on Stars but it seems I didn't :facepalm: .
      In that case you could download the VPP tracker available in the Download Warehouse. As I mentioned earlier PokerStars provides points, not rakeback, but you can convert those points into monetary rewards to make it similar to rakeback. PokerTracker can only track the VPP points earned, it cannot track the status level therefore we cannot track FPPs which are the currency used in the VIP store or the monetary rewards earned when you spend FPPs. Visit the PokerTracker DownloadWarehouse and search for VPP.
    • VinnyCout
      VinnyCout
      Coach
      Coach
      I Do it. If you know more or less what your RB %, its possible.

• KoeNe4U
      KoeNe4U
      Platinum
      Originally posted by VinnyCout
      I Do it. If you know more or less what your RB %, its possible.

And can you tell me how you did that? I play on pokerstars (platinumstar) en use PT4 too
      thx in advance :f_drink:
    • DMatysiak147
      DMatysiak147
      Bronze
      Hello,
      Did you get a solution? Do you have this RB stat for platinum?
      Regards
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      We have some winnings + rakeback stats in our Download Warehouse for free download, though PokerStars levels don't map cleanly onto percentages last time I looked at them in detail.
    • VinnyCout
      VinnyCout
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey , sorry just se it now, I make a calc about % of the rake stats, for example here i put 20% ( u have to know what yours RB), if are 35%, just change.

Find this stat, copy and include the %. Save as new stat.

amt_rake_attributed_curr_conv * .20

format_currency(amt_rake_attributed_curr_conv * .20, false, global_currency)