This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 QQ

• erptech
      erptech
      Silver
      I figured he had a set, but on the turn i wanted to scare him by pretending i hit the flush, + i had flushdraw and 2 Qs
      i suppose i could've easily fold on the flop too...

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Kozlozhop ($3.29)
      UTG 1 Hero ($10.05)
      MP1 atopkicker89 ($9.91)
      MP2 LoveKit ($17.86)
      MP3 nello34 ($8.78)
      CO maral53 ($5.00)
      BTN lenyvalentino ($4.65)
      SB OKERRA ($7.18)
      BB nobody147 ($9.75)
      [maral53 posted $0.05]

Pre-flop: ($0.20, 9 players) Hero is UTG 1 Q Q
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, LoveKit calls $0.40, 1 fold, maral53 calls $0.35, 1 fold, OKERRA calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: 5 T 8 ($1.70, 4 players)
      OKERRA checks, Hero bets $1.70, LoveKit raises to $4.20, 1 fold, OKERRA folds, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: 2 ($10.10, 2 players)
      Hero bets $5.45, LoveKit calls $5.45

River: 8 ($21, 2 players)

Final Pot: $20
      Hero shows: Q Q
      LoveKit shows: T T

LoveKit wins $20 ( won $9.95 )
      OKERRA lost -$0.40
      Hero lost -$10.05
      maral53 lost -$0.40
  • 7 replies
    • Kellerlanplayer
      Kellerlanplayer
      Bronze
      Why you call the flop raise?

Please don't post results
    • erptech
      erptech
      Silver
      well, you see, i have an overpair. as a beginner in BSS i thought that still counts as a good enough hand as he also might have TPTK or some pocket pair as well.
      and the reason i posted my hands here is that someone tells me where did i go wrong and why, so that the next time i don't make the same mistake, you know?
      so please try to be more precise in your reviews.
      anyway, thank you
    • vindu
      vindu
      Bronze
      well, against an unknown opp I'm folding it on the flop. The board is quite low-ish and drawheavy at the same time. I just can't imagine anyone overplaying top pair like that or semi-bluffing his draw on this limit. I must emphasize that I usually give the unknown opp credit for being decent player.

with stats of the loose opp who also has high WTS and AF/ or any other similar reads I'm certainly not folding on the flop, because that kind of people keeps overplaying their pairs or just bluffs you out of the pot. Then bet/fold the turn
    • Kellerlanplayer
      Kellerlanplayer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erptech
      so please try to be more precise in your reviews.
      keep low ;)
      i will hear your meanings before i preview that :D

I think its close, on one side villians at NL5 overplayed often Draws and TPTK but to make an reraise in a multiway pot is for me a sign for a very good hand.

so i will fold this and hope for a better situation to get my money back ;)
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Its hard to fold, but I think its the best to do against an unknown fullstack being oop. As played your turn DB doesnt make sense. If he has a worse hand he could fold. If he has a set that's not a bluff, he'll call because he has 10 outs for FH/quads. So you called on flop and then turn your QQ into a bluff without even seeing what opponent does? That means the call was bad, you knew you were beat so now you're bluffing. That's logic, not poker. Even having a FD you need FE, and he'd just fold weaker hands here.
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      It`s better to go all-in on the flop after his reraise(vs unknown 10nl player). Call is the worst move.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      One you bet pot into 3 players and someone raises you, then your QQ is probably not the best, so it is fine b/f flop.