I,ll Play Anything Challenge - :P

• shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Good afternoon,

I thought i would do a 45 man turbo challenge, on PokerStars.

I shall start at the $0.50 level and want to get to the $7 games.

I will be starting of with a 100 buy-ins ($50) - and will be using the blended bankroll approach, (will explain if required).

My aim is to make $5k profit for the year, to make some poker friends, and to hopefully learn and help others at this format.

I shant post hands but will post graphs weekly, and try to answer most questions if any.

Thx shane
  • 105 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Shane,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

Glad to see another 45 manner starting a blog.

I used to play the regs but have been trying to switch to the turbos as the regs don't go past $3.50 and even at that level the turbos fill much quicker.

I take it by blended BRM you mean something like an ABI to be able to mix some $1.50s in with the .50c once the BR starts going up.

GL and following for sure

Laz
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Shane,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

Glad to see another 45 manner starting a blog.

I used to play the regs but have been trying to switch to the turbos as the regs don't go past $3.50 and even at that level the turbos fill much quicker.

I take it by blended BRM you mean something like an ABI to be able to mix some $1.50s in with the .50c once the BR starts going up.

GL and following for sure

Laz
      I played the $0.50 turbos last year for a decent roi, and i wanted to get back into them, i,am sure if you get going at the turbo,s you will be fine, as you will be aware its a simular strategy, just push fold quicker.

Yes the blended bankroll approach is exactly how you stated, i think its a faster way to build a roll in a safe manner, as long as one users discipline and doesnt stray from the blended approach its a sensible way to build a roll. thx shane
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Shane,

I can recommend checking out Adam's Poker Adventure. He has recently restarted after a break at the .50c turbos and has much more experience at the .50c and $1.50 turbos than I do.

Cheers

Laz
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Is it possible to upload PT stats on my blog seeing i,am a bronze star on here?

If so how do i do this lol?

If not i,ll have to put a link to OPR - for my progression.

This is the time i start to put some games in, wanna play 200 before end of this week.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Shane,

Now that you are bronze, you can display your PT stats and graphs. This is how you do it:

1) Register at a free online image hosting website like imgur, tinypic or PostImage.org (ImageShack are about to start charging).

2) Take a screenshot of what you want to display and upload it to the website.

3) You will be given a series of links. Copy the one that ends in a file extension like .png, .jpg, .gif etc

4) Insert it into your post using the 'Insert Image' function located above the text box.

If you have any trouble, just yell out

Cheers

Laz
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Thx alot lazza, hows the 45,s going?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by shanesmith
      Thx alot lazza, hows the 45,s going?
      Sadly, got a couple of real life issues going at the moment and they are to distracting. Hope too have them sorted by the weekend because I really do want to have a grind. You'll know when I'm playing because my blogs will start moving.

Cheers

Laz
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Hope to clash with you in these turbo,s :) lol
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      First 100 games completed, all going well and hopefully can add some $1.50,s in with the $0.50,s in the coming sessions. Just working on getting the volume up with adding more tables, up to 8 in the last few days, my target is 12, will update after next 100 games.

• adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Nice work :)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi shanesmith,

Nice work these last 100 games,

Glade to see you are doing good, I played some 45 turbo's in the past too, they are pretty interesting format, but can be variance heavy sometimes too :D . However, they are still pretty profitable format long run.

All in all,
      in for the journey to $15 & $30 45 man turbos :)

Greets,
      Fran
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Nice work Shane. :s_cool:
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Yeah ive heard the variance can be very heavy at times, i played thousands of the $0.50,s last year for about 20% roi - and i really didnt hit variance at all at that level, so im sure it will happen at some time (more than likely at higher level due to players being better) - having said that i,am prepared for it and can handle it - the rough times are what makes us!!! lol.

Thx for the support guys.

Shane
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      I,am concentrating more on getting my volume up this week by playing more tables continuosly, so as i,am concentrating on that aspect i shall be just playing the $0.50 level for the rest of the week (aiming for 500 games) - then after this week i shall deffo be adding my blended bankroll into my game.

I used to use TableNinja2, but boy o boy i hate that software nowadays, it seems to have a mind of its own registering wise, so i have invested in a new piece of software for multi-tabling, its relativly cheap $35 for 6 months at the stakes i want to play and its called SharkyStrator, its a nice piece of kit.

thx shane
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Originally posted by shanesmith
      Yeah ive heard the variance can be very heavy at times, i played thousands of the $0.50,s last year for about 20% roi - and i really didnt hit variance at all at that level, so im sure it will happen at some time (more than likely at higher level due to players being better) - having said that i,am prepared for it and can handle it - the rough times are what makes us!!! lol.

Thx for the support guys.

Shane
      so true mate, gl!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I used to be playing them a lot, but I guess I just got tired of playing good for hours and min cashing or bubbling, but I admit I miss them from time to time.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Playing good for hours and sometimes losing apply,s to all formats of poker - poker is getting extremely harder month by month, i just feel that you have to play the games that are most profitable in your mind, turbo,s is a volume game wich makes you the most money if your a winning player, i tend not to be results orientated, the long term is my goal.

thx shane
    • adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Hi Shane, I was just wondering in what way you think poker is getting harder? :) Sharkystrator does look prety good!
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Harder because there,s more information available - ie through training sites, cheaper coaching, sites like this one, people see a way through poker to make a living know especially at lower living expence country,s wich can make a decent income at lower levels, thats why i think you have to pick a game and try and master it nowadays.

thx shane