HM2 Leakbuster

• bodhizafa
      bodhizafa
      Bronze
      Hey everyone. So I have a question regarding HM2's app Leakbuster. I'm still what I consider to be new to poker after getting back into it two months ago. I purchased HM2 and became more aware of players and myself but now I'm looking at Leakbuster and wondering if its worth the money and if it will be dramatic enough to improve my game. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated!
  • 7 replies
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      I have used it for a couple of months now. It is definitly worth the money. Youre going to get them back within a month or two.

It is not only pointing out your leaks, its also a great tool to learn what all those statistics means.

But of course you have to use some common sense. At first I took the worst leak and tried to change it to the proposed value, but that rather messed it all up. Then I took the ten worst leaks and changed them gradually which worked much better for me.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Definitely worth the $ IMO. For sure one of the better poker apps i use.

I think players just starting out are going to get the most out of it, but it has some pretty advanced and in depth filters also that would be useful to higher stake players too.

New version should be out any day now. In soft beta according to forums. (not sure what that means exactly). But sounds like they added some new features and interface, more stake specific leak finding and hand filters, etc.

I'd say give the free trial a shot. it doesn't reveal a lot of content, but will give you an idea of what it can do.
    • CannedHam
      CannedHam
      Basic
      Yeah, I'm thinking of checking this out since I heard Leak buster 4 was coming out. I tried the trial awhile back, but wasn't ready. I think I'm going to give it a go here soon so I'll try and post some feedback on it.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I think it is official release of LB 4 is April 1st. trying the beta right now.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Official LB 4.0 is in the latest HM2 beta version

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/8071-Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

Quick over view of what's new in Leak Buster 4:

• Improved interface
      • Updated stat ranges for all stakes
      • New micro stat ranges
      • New stake level dependent advice
      • New stats analyzed like C-bet OOP, over bet turn, free-play aggression, etc.
      • 1-Click instant hand review of leaky hands - top problem hands listed.
      • New secondary deep level analysis with improved leak detection (links more stats with post flop play and provides feedback)
      • Pop out equity calculator on located leaky hands
      • New filters
      • Exportable coaching reports
      • Russian Translations added
      • New videos
    • CannedHam
      CannedHam
      Basic
      Alright, I just remembered I'd give some feedback now that I've had some time to play around with it.

I'm currently mostly playing 50nl 6-max cash, but also some 100nl. I'm a pretty competent player with a winrate over 5.5bb/100 over a large sample.

The general analysis is good. I was a little surprised at a couple of the things it found, but as I did more investigation and ran more of the individual steps it made sense and I can see some spots I'm leaking money for sure. My turn bet sizing is something it pointed out on specific textures that I know I need to get better at. Some of the critical leaks I wasn't too surprised about, but it was nice to have it there as a reminder to stop being dumb, and also nice to have hands for those leaks I could review quickly. I definitely liked that feature.

Oh, and the equity calculator in there was pretty cool too since it generated some hand ranges automatically pretty easily. Had to make some adjustments sometimes, but overall it makes the investigation part much easier than trolling through my database and then punching hands into an equity calculator. That alone I'm enjoying a lot.

The video content I'm still getting through. Most of what I've seen is good, but a lot I'm already familiar with. I've had memberships at different training sites, so it wasn't ground breaking, but all solid. Probably people with less experience would benefit more from it. I did really like one of the videos from fooz (?). That one alone was really good and gave me some new ideas.

I think the interface is ok overall. There are some things I'd like to see different, but the filter section alone kind of pays for itself for me. It's nice to just click and see a lot of different scenarios ran.

I think overall I'm glad I purchased. I held off on getting it for awhile as I've had HM2 and HM1 for over 4 years now. Definitely solid value on what I've taken away from it so far. Oh, this is a for the HM2 version of no-limit leakbuster.

We'll see how it improves my game going forward. I'm focusing on 3 different things right now that it pointed out and should help. Wish me luck. :)
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Some of the new features are pretty nice. Like you said the leak hands, and being able to pull up the equity calculator right from there is awesome.