Video series - From micro stakes to mid stakes in NL SH games

• Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Talk about more than just the hands. Talk about the game. Talk about the things you need to do to beat the limit. Talk about common mistakes and what to do, and what not to do. (You can edit this in via a voiceover.)

I really feel thats missing in alot of the vids posted on the site. Its usually just "fold this" "raise this" and alot of silence.

p.s.: This has already been done by another pokersite I know of, have you seen it? You need to beat it. It's called "through the limits" and its a total of six clips. NL25, NL50, NL100, NL200, NL400 and NL600.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      As long as you explain why you do what you do in the video its all good. Im interested in learning to read villain's 2 hole cards.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      Talk about more than just the hands. Talk about the game. Talk about the things you need to do to beat the limit. Talk about common mistakes and what to do, and what not to do. (You can edit this in via a voiceover.)

I really feel thats missing in alot of the vids posted on the site. Its usually just "fold this" "raise this" and alot of silence.
      x2
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I will release the video today - and have already given Tribun some feedback for the future :)

So I'm looking forward to the future videos :heart:
    • kaisersoze83
      kaisersoze83
      Bronze
      points to discuss :

- play overpairs
      - play TPTK vs a raise on the flop or turn
      - Explain how to play in this limit and why ?
      - Explain what are the reads of villain on the differents limits
      - play suited connectors
      - play with the stats on the table and how choose our action with this stats

Thanks for your job tribun.
    • JoJo0606
      JoJo0606
      Bronze
      Great vid. Nice explenation of how to be a winning player at NL10. I hope you continue to upgrade the dificulty of the material in the next vids and focus on what plays we should be making at what limit to make profit.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kaisersoze83
      points to discuss :

- play overpairs
      - play TPTK vs a raise on the flop or turn
      - Explain how to play in this limit and why ?
      - Explain what are the reads of villain on the differents limits
      - play suited connectors
      - play with the stats on the table and how choose our action with this stats

Thanks for your job tribun.
      Ok, thank you for the feedback guys. I will try to include it into the next parts. I am in Barcelona and will stay here for a week. When I am back home I'll start to produce the next part. If you have more suggestions.....just tell me.
      :P
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Can someone please post a link to it? ty
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi TheBrood,

I think this is the link you want - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/2453 ;)

Regards,
      Stiev
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Ok, guys, last chance to suggest some topics for the next video ( NL25). I will record it later this evening. I edited the entry post if you want to know what others already suggested.

Cheers,
      TribunCaesar
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i want to know what kind of brm u need for sh play vs fr
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If I can make a suggestion it will be to make the video shorter, its much easier to see 2 30min videos(part A & B perhaps) than a 1hour video and its easier to stay focused too. I sometimes let the strat videos download but then find I dont have the time or energy to watch a 40+ min video.
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      i know that 25nl is pretty straightforward play for most ppl so i want to see you making bluffs when u re ip to see if that works on that limit and many 3bets pre flop ~~
    • hiiaka
      hiiaka
      Bronze
      can u upload ur tablelayout plz?
    • sebmanx
      sebmanx
      Bronze
      I have commented on playing AKo for stacks on FTP 10NL in the comments to your video there. I would like your opinion on it. Maybe I did some of the math wrong, maybe not.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sebmanx
      I have commented on playing AKo for stacks on FTP 10NL in the comments to your video there. I would like your opinion on it. Maybe I did some of the math wrong, maybe not.
      The opponent in this case was bad and pretty loose, therefore his range is wider than you expect. I give him at least 88+, AQ+ -maybe even looser. And he calls me with a even wider range. ;)
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      I played Nl10 profitablly and now I play at NL25... i watched first 10 minutes of your video and I was suprised with your play...

preflop raise 4-7x bb, pot bet on the flop... etc

I realized money gets out of fishes willing to catch something on the turn, so why not let them pay? for me, it seams like you dont want callers when you have good hand, i do...

just my opinion, dont get me wrong...

I would like to know how much is your ptBB/100 with this kind of play...
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bojan1983

preflop raise 4-7x bb, pot bet on the flop... etc
      4bb + 1 BB per limper is standard. I only pot bet in multiway pots on drawy board or against complete fishs.

Originally posted by Bojan1983
      I would like to know how much is your ptBB/100 with this kind of play...
      I play Nl400 myself but don't have a big enough smaple size there. On Nl200 I played with 6ptbb/100.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      The new video(NL25) is very nice,thank you a lot!
      Im glad you're playing with stats and doing some plays that are more suitable for higher limits.
      I would be very happy if you comment in your next video:
      -floating
      -playing deep
      -playing against maniacs OOP when deep
      -weakdraws with SCs in 3bet pots with deep stacks
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg

-floating
      -playing deep
      -playing against maniacs OOP when deep
      -weakdraws with SCs in 3bet pots with deep stacks
      Hehe, floating is not a problem. Playing deep, well might also be possible, but the other 2 things are very specific. Let's see what's possible.