What's your most profitable game?

• xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      I have been playing different games, and I found sit n go Hold 'em FiftyFifty is where I have the most success. I tried Zoom and that just dwindled my stack.
      I think there is no pressure in zoom for its players to act so it takes a while to get a good hand and someone willing to contest the hand for a big pot. For me this means that I will lose patience and go all in on something foolish. Comparing this with sit n go in less than 100 hands and it is done.

Do you find you have the same experience? What's your most profitable game?
  • 15 replies
    • Jakkosh
      Jakkosh
      Bronze
      I used to play 50/50s for ages when i first started playing poker, but in the end i got fed up long games on the bubble for minimal profit.
      I converted to cash games a couple of weeks ago and started doing the beginners course here at pokerstrategy and i can definitely say it brings me more profit! I play regular cash games full ring, no zooming :D I started with one table and play on four currently.
      It still really of course depends on what you like to play and your style, but if could start my time over again I would definitely begin with cash games (with studying of course!)
      I know how you feel with losing your patience and bluffing with marginal hands, i can often be the same. Although, for me personally, when I have multiple tables up i have less opportunity to get bored and I tend to stick to playing ABC poker alot more.

If you do ever convert to cash games make sure you pick the hand chart and get into some lessons first! Good luck in whichever direction you choose to go in :s_biggrin:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by xyzgra
      I have been playing different games, and I found sit n go Hold 'em FiftyFifty is where I have the most success. I tried Zoom and that just dwindled my stack.
      I think there is no pressure in zoom for its players to act so it takes a while to get a good hand and someone willing to contest the hand for a big pot. For me this means that I will lose patience and go all in on something foolish. Comparing this with sit n go in less than 100 hands and it is done.

Do you find you have the same experience? What's your most profitable game?
      Very similar.
      Early on I got crushed by fast-fold games.
      That changed when I went to 6-max and learned to steal blinds.

I did a points challenge playing $11 50/50 -- it was technically well outside my BRM, but I figured if I played tight, aiming to outlast 4 out of 10 players, I could manage it. It got my points, and made some decent money besides.

But by far my most profitable game has been FL 5-Card Draw

I much, much prefer cash games over tournaments.

The ever-increasing blind levels means that strategy and tactics change as the game progresses. Cash games it is the same throughout, and you can better judge player types.

I know, though, that there a lot of players that prefer SnGs

That's why there's both kinds :D

Peace,
      --VS
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

Fruit Ninja
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      tournament split pot games. mmmmm profit.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Any micro games where fishing is so easy...
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      NL tourneys. There was a time when I was insanely lucky in those huge $24 Full Tilt big money guarantees running every day back in the good old days.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Local Home Games :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      When I find it I won't share!
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Pimpin. Since pimpin's been pimpin since pimpin.

But asides from that, NL hold'em. :f_cool:
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      PLO 50-50,s are very profitable, unfortunatly not many games run lol
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I hate zoom and rush, i just spew alot there. I like to get reads fast on my opponents. I want to be so precise and make the most EV play against everyone that i meet on the tables.

I had the most succes in NL cash. But I had some succes in tournys aswell.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      I'll be the bad guy itt, and say that I like zoom. :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I used to hate zoom and FFG. I was always doing better on the regular tables. But you can't deny that zoom and any FFG is awesome when it comes down to volume.

After playing a bunch of hands on speed and zoom I got used to it and can't imagine playing on a regular table. I'm having to much fun :f_biggrin: So I'm on camp Frankie
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweetI'm having to much fun :f_biggrin: So I'm on camp Frankie
      This!
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      I tried every format and CG is the game for me, especially the Zoom games. :D