Simon's 6 max Hyper thread - Now with Added Coaching

• groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Hello Fellow poker players! My name is Simon, I am a 39 year old Aussie <insert age jokes here>who has decided to step up his game and get serious. Last year I married my beautiful wife Melissa at the chapel of flowers in vegas! It was awesome streaming our day to everybody at home!

My aim with this blog is to show what can be accomplished with hard work and coaching. It really is difficult to put the whole poker puzzle together yourself. In the games we play online, roi's are so small that any leak you miss is huge!

I will be backdating this blog over the next few days to start on the 20th of january which is when my coaching started. There has been success and failures all of which I intend to report on.

I just wanted to stop putting this off and get started! So here is my sharkscope up until January 20th. These games are all 9 man turbos or 6max hypers ranging from $3.50 to $30 played over the last 3 years on Stars. Thanks for tuning in!! :D
  • 13 replies
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      All Games!

• groges74
      groges74
      Bronze

• Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Simon,

Greetings from Hobart and welcome to the blogs :)

So whereabouts are you in Aus?

I don't know how you can stand the variance in 6-Max hypers. It would drive me mad.

Looking forward to seeing those lines turn around

Cheers

Laz
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Hi Laz,

I am from Sunny and Quiet Adelaide! :)

The variance is terrible, especially when you are a losing player! ;)

I am looking forward to showing everyone the difference a coach can make to your game. Maybe encourage a few more people to do it. I wish I had made the move 4 years ago!

What games do you play?

Cheers,
      Simon
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      So on the 20th of January I sat down for a skype session with my first coach Tim64, whom I was lucky enough to find on this very site. I was pretty nervous, never had a coach, never used skype. What are english people like? What if I really was just shit at poker?

Time for a disclaimer: Should my Graph do a complete turn around and start going up, a Large portion of this credit will go to Tim for being an awesome coach. Should my graph keep going down, Tim is still an awesome coach, he did his best but there was nothing he could do. :)

During this first session Tim really blew me away. He was clear and concise, very intelligent and has an amazing grasp of all things poker. Tim is currently one of my favourite English people. In saying that I don't know many English people so my opinions may not be entirely accurate due to a small sample size. ;)

We spent the session going over some games from my database. By the end of the session Tim had found lots of leaks, the 2 main issues were giving up way to much equity, (I snap folded in spots where i had 67% equity) and giving people way to much credit for having hands. (monsters under the bed)

I set out with renewed confidence in my game plan and peace of mind knowing i had a coach who can help me get where I need to go.

Could I be a good student? Could I adhere to proper bankroll management? We shall Find out!!
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      You shouldn't give credit for the coach when your graph looks good. Credit goes to you, coach is just a guide and everything depends on you how you choose to use his guidance. :)

GL with your journey.

Rihard
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Here are my results from the 20th of January until the end of the month. In 1 session from Tim I experienced a bunch of firsts. A positive win rate of 5.7% as well as a luck adjusted red line to match it. Only a small sample size but I was feeling really positive about the direction my game was heading.

• groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Good point Rihard! Thanks for your support! :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by groges74
      Hi Laz,

I am from Sunny and Quiet Adelaide! :)

The variance is terrible, especially when you are a losing player! ;)

I am looking forward to showing everyone the difference a coach can make to your game. Maybe encourage a few more people to do it. I wish I had made the move 4 years ago!

What games do you play?

Cheers,
      Simon
      Hey Simon,

I can believe Adelaide is sunny (unbearably hot), but it's certainly not quiet. My sister lives there. :facepalm:

As for me I favour 45 man SnGs. Looking to do the jump from $1.50 to $3.50s very shortly I hope.

Cheers

Laz
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Hi Laz,

WOW 45 mans! I have enough trouble beating 5!! ;)

Good luck getting to the $3.50's!! :)

Cheers,
      Simon
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      February results coming up! First some rungood at the 7's! :)

To avoid the just around the corner downswing lets move up to the 15's!! :)

To avoid the just around the corner downswing lets move up to the 30's!! Waaay Under bankrolled ! :f_o:

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Crash and Burn!
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      After the shot at the 30's I went back to the 7's! My bankroll is sitting at $1000, when I reach $1500 I will move back up to the 15's! So I learn't a heap this month! For the most part ran well over ev! I made a profit of $635, feels nice to have my first ever winning month! :) My graph for the month is below! I will warn you, its UGLY!! Hoping next month its pretty!!

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hey mate, I shall be following and thanks so much for the kind words!

Rihard4a is right, btw. The credit goes to you for being willing to work on your game.

Take care and talk soon.