FL Short Handed Silver: Thursday 4pm Friday 6pm and

• Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      October 23 Thursday

This Coaching was pretty nice, i was running okay and most plays worked. I was winning 75$ in the End.
      It was the first Time the Coaching took place at the new Date on Thursday afternoon, but the date seems to be okay, there were enough listeners.

We were talking a little bit about how to play weak Tags, here we have 1 example, although its more about how to exploit players that dont balance their lines:

1/2 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand:
      October 23
      PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:club: , 8:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 5:heart: , 9:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9.00 BB

I think its a very good situation for a Pure Bluff on the Flop, since he will have overcards most of the time. Since there a no Draws possible, he only beats a purebluff meaning that its hard for him to go to the Showdown.
      I believe that he (TAG) would play strong hands Call FLop Raise Turn, so is think his 3bet is A high or a pocket often, these Hands is might get to fold if i bluff on the turn. The Flushdraw makes it even easier for me to try it.
  • 29 replies
    • sidewalker
      sidewalker
      Bronze
      Lets say the turn was Qd, would that bluff still be good you think? I think not, thou i might try bluff once to see if he's defending strong with Ax.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      also without the Flushdraw the Bluff would have been +ev i think, given the read and thoughts i added. If he has A high most of the time he can hardly call me down if i c/r him twice, showing a lot of strenght, no matter what card comes on the turn.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      October 30 Thursday

From now on the Coachings take Place on thursday 4pm and Friday 6pm, porobably for the next 5 month.

Firsttsunami and I decided to split the coaching time, so always at the middle we switch the Player and the Co-Coach.
      Today both of us were running okay, winning a few BB.

Here are two Hands:

Just calling down with a vulnereable Hand:

2/4 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO raises, BU folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 2:spade: , 9:spade: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP2 raises, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.00 BB) 2:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.00 BB) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.00 BB

In this Hand i think the biggest Part of his Range is the 9, thats why i don´t 3bet the Flop although i could be on the Flop.
      But he could also hold every pocket pair and sometimes a flushdraw, thats why i cant fold and also he will valuebet all his pocket pairs anyway so i only loose 1 SB when i just call down, compared to 3bet flop bet turn.

ValueCB Turn

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , K:club:
      2 folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9:heart: , Q:heart: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 7:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

In this Hand my opponent can hardly call the Flop with just A high, that means most oft the time he will have a Hand like KT, JT, AJ, AT, 9x, Qx or pocket pairs.
      I think its a tough decision if to bet again on the turn or not. When he is capable of folding a pocket pair i should definetly bet again, if not a check behind seems to be better, i avoid a ugly c/r.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      October 31 Friday Halloween

This Coaching we had a lot of sound Problems which was very ugly. I could hear Firsttsunami and he could not hear me most of the time, but i trhink it will be fixed next time.

In my 45 minutes i was running okay, but there were a lot of bad players on the tables. I think i won around 125$.

This was one hand against a fish:

2/4 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, BU folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 3:diamond: , T:heart: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets, MP3 folds, Hero raises, SB calls.

Turn: (7.00 BB) Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls.

River: (11.00 BB) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.00 BB

I decided to not play the standard-line Call Flop, Raise Turn because this special opponent showed in the hands before that he likes to donk very much, actually he was always donking all the time. Raising the Flop gave me 1SB Extra Value, because he lead out against on the Turn as i expected.
      a blank on the river i would have raised (obv), this card i would only have called.
      A 3bet on the turn i would have capped believing that twopairs are more likely than straights.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by Cornholio

ValueCB Turn

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , K:club:
      2 folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9:heart: , Q:heart: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 7:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

In this Hand my opponent can hardly call the Flop with just A high, that means most oft the time he will have a Hand like KT, JT, AJ, AT, 9x, Qx or pocket pairs.
      I think its a tough decision if to bet again on the turn or not. When he is capable of folding a pocket pair i should definetly bet again, if not a check behind seems to be better, i avoid a ugly c/r.
      Are stats important here? Like would you play the same way against a TAG/LAG/weaktight?
      What do you do when you get check/raised if you decide to bet? Fold because your A and K outs are most likely not clean?
      If you check behind, what's the best thing to do on the river? Call a blank and fold a , 8 or T?
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      these Questions are difficult to answer and thats why this spot is so ugly.

If CB, call River or not?
      -> The Problem is: My opponent must actually know, that i dont 3Bet Preflop, then Check Behind the Turn just to fold the river. This makes a bluff much more unlikly.

This would mean that i can also fold a blank river. But this would mean that he can exploit me easily.

really a Problem. You must mix there: Sometimes Call, Sometimes fold, both on blanks and also on scarecards, because the chance increases that he bluffs, when a scarecard comes.

If Bet, Call Raise?

I get 1:7, which gets me in a ugly spots, having 4 outs and also beeing ahead sometimes. Also in this spot i think a call and a fold ist possible.

-> Really a ugly SItuations. U should decided depening on the stats/reads/feelings/history.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Friday November 7

This Coaching we were facing sound Problems again, so i had to play most of the time and some listeners had to mute Firsttsunami.

There was 1 Hand in a blind battle Situation worth looking at:

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , 5:spade:
      4 folds, SB raises, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) A:club: , 2:diamond: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

River: (5.00 BB) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.00 BB

My Line seems to be pretty weak, and thats the truth. I would only play it against special oppenents. Since i´m also bluffing sometimes on this Flop, i also have to Raise the Flop with the Ace sometimes for the sake of balance.
      every 2, 6, pockets and sometimes K high could call down.

Against oppenents that are likely to fire a 2nd barrel but very SD Bound also CF RT is a good Line.

This time i had an opponent who hat a low PFR.

This is the First Reason for playing passively-> He could easily have a better Hand (WAWB)

He also had a high aggression.

2nd reason for staying passive-> Bluff induce

Also he wasn´t SD Bound

3rd reason for just Calling Down-> I don´t loose value anyway

Villain showed Q:spade: J:diamond: , so i got the maximum out of him.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Thursday, November 13

This Coaching i was runninbg pretty good, winning 200$. It was a little bit strange, because at one table there was one big aggressive fish, who played 80% of his Hands and calling down very loose. unfortunately he was sucking me out 6 times or something and i was only loosing against him. But On the other table i was running good.

Here is one Hand from the beginning of the Coaching in a heads up match:

2/4 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: , 3:club:
      SB raises, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) Q:spade: , 4:club: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, SB calls.

River: (6.00 BB) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, SB folds.

Final Pot: 7.00 BB

Its important to balance your valueplays very well, that means that you should play your draws aggresively and also raise as a purebluff frequently. Otherwise its way to easy for your opponent to find good folds against you. To to put pressure on them and don´t feel ugly if a bluff is catched, the image can help you in later hands.

-
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Friday November 14th

As usual there were only few listeners at the beginning because the first 30 minutes collude with another FL Coaching (Germany Gold). But then there were up to thirty. I won some money, around 140$ in the End. The tables were very good, i don´t remember that much huge fishes in the last time, a lot of guys really having no idea and making strange plays :)

Even against calling stations bluffing can be succesfull sometimes, but especially against Tags its really plus ev.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:diamond: , 4:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $2.00.
      MP2 raises, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T:spade: , 6:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP2 calls.

River: (6.75 BB) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

On this Board i can c/r almost any two against a TAG UTG raiser because there a very few draws possible, what means that he will give me credit on pair most of the time (of course i would also c/r every pair). On the RIver he could hold AK, AJ, A9, A8 and i think he will fold often enough to make this last barrel +ev.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Thursday November 20

Today Firsttsunami was there after he could not come the last few coachings since he will move to Gibraltar in the next time, working for Pokerstrategy Full Time. Unfortunately his Connection broke up after 50% of the Coaching.

I was playing HU at 2 Tables at the beginning because I did not find more tables, i was playing against very poor opponents, making it easy to win 100$ in 15 minutes. Afterwards i was playing 6 max, on 1 Table there was a real maniac, raising 100% of his hands and capping most of them on most streets.

some hands:

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , 7:heart:
      Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 8:club: , K:diamond: , J:club: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (9.00 BB) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17.00 BB

villain shows 97 :spade:

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 6:spade:
      SB raises, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 7:club: , A:heart: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.

River: (9.00 BB) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.00 BB

i´m not sure about my line (on the river), but against this opponent it looked good, his holding: 22.

if you hit well against there guys u can really earn a lot of money. and if they luck you u can really get on tilt.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Friday November 21

Last time there was a strange maniac on the tables raising 100%, this time time there was a guy calling 100% Preflop (real 100%, no matter if 0 or 4 bets before him), and - as long as i was sitting on the same table- seeing the Showdown 100% (also real 100%, he did not fold once). the same guy bet 0% and raised 0%.

its hard to image but it was true. Look at that:

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:heart: , 8:diamond:
      MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, BU calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6:spade: , 2:diamond: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets, BU calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T:diamond: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets, BU calls, MP3 folds.

River: (8.75 BB) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BU calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Bu shows: TJo

Against these players you can make 10BB/100, but what is really annoying at FL- you cannot punish the bad players very hard, they always only loose a few BB and often enough suck you out. also you have to share this guy with 4 other players.
      btw. he was up 100$ after 50 Hands with this style. the variance is just very high.

I made 2 nice plays: Once I 3bet the Turn with Q high and my opponent folded A high, the next time i c/r the river with initiative with AA, unfortunately both hands were lost in the elephant, dunno why.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Thursday November 27

Today i was running very bad, loosing more than 50BB. I just got suckouted every time, 2 or 4 outers, no draw is coming in and if i have a monster, everybody folds. but these type of sessions are normal part of poker, nothing you can do about it. Stop playing when you start to tilt and otherwise just continue.

Unfortunately the Elephant is only importing a small percentage of the hands i played in a session, i don´t know why. I had 2 interesting hands and cannot find it anymore to post it here.

2/4 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:club: . CO posts a blind of $2.00.
      CO checks, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4:club: , 7:club: , 9:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 5:club: (2 players)
      CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

The questional part of this hand is the Turn: Should I 3bet or not?
      I think on average i´m beat here. On the low stakes i regard c/c c/r as a very strong hand that is mainly played with monsters. I would think every single pair should have c/r on the flop, making a straight, twopair or set likely.

btw.: Tomorrow Cuube is doing the Coaching because i cannot manage to come at time. Maybe i´m joining later and we are doing it together.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Friday November 28

Firsttsunami could not come and I wasn´t sure before if i can be there in time, so i asked Cuube to replace me. Since i could be there just 15 minutes late both of us played half of the time, today it was 1/2$ on stars. Both of us were slightly up, winning 50$. The player were very poor on average, some strange fish, that did not know the rules or just missplay hard.

1/2 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:diamond: , Q:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 4:spade: , T:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.

River: (14.00 BB) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.00 BB

Villain shows 34o. What the hell is he putting me on? i don´t see it. I was even thinking of not capping the river, since there are not any reasonable hands i beat, but some that beat me: slowplayed AA, A4 basically. I only seemed to be ahead against T4o, but as somebody in the coaching said: theres the idiot bonus, so i can cap.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Thursday December 4

In todays Silver Coaching we had a lot of action on the tables. There were a few aggressive and totaly unreasonable guys who totaly overplayed a lot of their hands, not even thinking about what i could have. One guy had 80 VPIP and 50 WTS, he was 2 stacks up in 1 hour. He likes to cap midpair on the turn and stuff like that. He was hitting 5 outs against me 3 times (after coldcalling 59o and openlimping 79o), so i was even loosing in this session in the ende.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 8:club: , 6:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2:club: (2 players)

River: (5.50 BB) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

In this hand the question is whether to call the river or not. I made my decision because of 2 reasons:
      1. the card is bad: if he had some sort of straightdraws he has me beat now
      2. the timing tell: he was thinking for a while, i believe he would have bet faster if he wanted to bluff
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Friday December 5

In today Coaching i wasnt running good again, after 10 minutes i was up 100$, after 20 more minutes down 200$ and in the end i lost 10BB. The tables were much worse than the last coachings, it seems that all the Tags play at Titan these days because of the Pokerstrategy Promotion. I lost a lot of big pots today, but in all of them i was convinced that my play was right, somthing that i cannot always say.

We had one intersting spot for a FreeSD Raise that also is a semibluff:

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , J:club:
      Hero raises, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T:diamond: , T:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

My opponent could fold 22-66 and 7x on the Turn, especially beacuse of the paired board i think my play is very nice, if he has a 7 he cannot call on his outs, thus my Fold Equity should increase. also he could have a lot of draws where im ahead against, with the raise i gain value from these hands.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Thursday December 11

I was playing 2/4 as usual and there was a lot of action. at one table there was a 85/50 guy with > 50 WTS and I lost 100$ at first getting sucked out against him. At the End i was winning one lucky pot which made me win 140$ after all.

Here 2 Examples of the Big Pots that were happening:

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      MP2 raises, MP3 folds, Hero 3-bets, BU folds, SB caps, BB folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) 8:spade: , 5:spade: , 9:club: (3 players)
      SB bets, MP2 calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, MP2 caps, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) Q:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets, MP2 is All in, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls.

River: (20.90 BB) K:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: 22.90 BB

SB shows 99

pretty lucky hit here ;) MP2 was the maniac.. this was my revenge, look at this one:

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises, CO 3-bets, BU folds, Hero caps, BB folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) K:club: , T:heart: , 9:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.00 BB) 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (14.00 BB) J:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 raises, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.00 BB

MP3 shows AQ :/

The Sessions are funny, a lot of action and very much +ev, but also the variance is very high, but this is something you should be able to cope with, when you play poker. When you alway try to avoid high variance plays and tables, you give up too much ev.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Friday December 12

The Coaching took place earlier then usualy because i had a date later that i could not cancel. I was running good at the beginning, winning >100$ in the first 15 minutes, then i was break even all the time and i think from the last 35hands i won 1 or 2, there was a curse on me pretty much. i did not even loose big pots, i just couldnt win anything.

Here we have one sample hand where i had a overpair oop:

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 raises, 3 folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) T:spade: , 4:diamond: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, MP2 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 9:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

i think i have to cap on the flop, the raise can easily mean every pair and also the 3bet is Top Pair most of the time. also a lot of draws can raise or reraise the Flop for value and maybe freecard. thats why i think i´m ahead often enough and i don´t want to loose initiative. my oppenent had A4o and called the river, nh.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Thursday December 18

At the moment i´m running good in Coachings, winning around 600$ in the last 3 Coachings. This time it was maybe 150$. At one table there were 2 PS.de Tags. There were some funny hands and some interesting topics. One of them tried to bluff me with a cap on the turn with 33. ?(
      It might generally not be a very bad idea to try a bluffcap on the turn against me because i sometimes 3bet as a bluff, but he did not understand that his hand is way too strong to bluff me because i would never 3bet a midpair on the turn and then fold to cap (or riverbet).

The following hand was also interesting:

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      MP3 calls, Hero raises, BU 3-bets, BB folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.5 SB) 7:heart: , 9:heart: , Q:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets, Hero raises, BU calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets, BU calls.

River: (8.25 BB) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets, Hero raises, BU calls.

Final Pot: 11.00 BB

Preflop i made a very loose isolation raise I just play sometimes. The flop c/r as a bluff lookes not very smart because he could put me on a draw, BUT:

1. He might know that i know that this is not a good bluffboard-> hi might give me more credit
      2. a lot of cards could come that complete draws, then he could definetly fold hands like A-high.

He looks pretty much like A high and i don´t think he can raise the river with it. That´s why i c/r the river for 1 extra Bet.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Friday January 2

Happy New Year!

This was the First Coaching in 2009 and i was running okay, I won 60$.

One nice thing was that i had a royal Flush: OESFD on the Flop, got raised on the Turn and i hit the Royal on the River, i could check/raise/cap my opponent that just had trips. It was my 2nd royal Flush in a Coaching.

Unfortunately my elephant is still not working correctly for Titan, its not recording most hands. Thats why i don´t have hand historys. i don´t know how to convert this Format from the Titan Software.

I hope to fix the Problem for next Week.