This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Double my money in a week

• xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      So, I am a beginner, but I think it is good to set goals. I have been experimenting and I found that sit n go works best for me. So, I am going to play the $1.50 NL FiftyFifty sitngo on pokerstars until I double my money. Currently, I am at $23.33. My goal is $47.

• 13 replies
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Let me set some limits for myself. If my stack falls below $15, I go and play 360 man $0.50 tourney. If it falls below $10, I play the $0.10 tourney. And if it falls below $2, I play the $0.02 tourney.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey xyzgra,

Nice idea for a challenge. It would be nice if we could double our BR every week.

Maybe you could check out Acespeci's blog The Making of a Pro ..$2.50 180mans Turbo.

He has been playing some of the .50c 360 mans and he's also a West Indian (Jamaica), so you might have things in common. I know he has been trying to find fellow West Indians on site.

Regards

Laz
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey xyzgra,

Nice idea for a challenge. It would be nice if we could double our BR every week.

Maybe you could check out Acespeci's blog The Making of a Pro ..$2.50 180mans Turbo.

He has been playing some of the .50c 360 mans and he's also a West Indian (Jamaica), so you might have things in common. I know he has been trying to find fellow West Indians on site.

Regards

Laz
      Cool... I will give him a shout. I believe I will be posting here often
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze

I placed 11th in the 990 man 0.02 NL. I'm using it for practice
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      First day was superbad. I dwindle my stack to 14.29. Since it is now under $15, I will go play $0.5 360man tourney.

I am going to take the day off. Relax and do something besides poker and comeback the next day.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      After saying I was not going to play, I played. I lost some more now down to $8.62. Well now, I will be playing $0.10 NL 360 man tourney.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      hey dude, i would say there is a big chance of this not happening ( But i hope you prove me wrong)

Reasons being 30 buy-ins for 360player games is never going to work, and same for other game types, i also appreciate that your BRM guides are that thin because its a week long challenge,and your taking a gamble to double up.

Either way go get um dude.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shanesmith
      hey dude, i would say there is a big chance of this not happening ( But i hope you prove me wrong)

Reasons being 30 buy-ins for 360player games is never going to work, and same for other game types, i also appreciate that your BRM guides are that thin because its a week long challenge,and your taking a gamble to double up.

Either way go get um dude.
      You might be right. Now I am down to $2.49. So, I'm limiting myself to freerolls.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Mission fail. What I will do is continue until I'm successful. My stack has been blown, so I'm playing freeroll to build it back.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      So, I decide to continue. My goal is to make $0.50 cent from freerolls. I estimate I will reach that goal by sunday.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze

Made my $0.50 goal.

Next goal is play limit hold 'em until i reach $5. I think should make that by next week thursday.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      GL in rebuilding your roll from 0, it's really THE challenge,

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      GL in rebuilding your roll from 0, it's really THE challenge,

Best of luck,