Double my money in a week

• xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      So, I am a beginner, but I think it is good to set goals. I have been experimenting and I found that sit n go works best for me. So, I am going to play the $1.50 NL FiftyFifty sitngo on pokerstars until I double my money. Currently, I am at $23.33. My goal is $47.

• 13 replies
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Let me set some limits for myself. If my stack falls below $15, I go and play 360 man $0.50 tourney. If it falls below $10, I play the $0.10 tourney. And if it falls below $2, I play the $0.02 tourney.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey xyzgra,

Nice idea for a challenge. It would be nice if we could double our BR every week.

Maybe you could check out Acespeci's blog The Making of a Pro ..$2.50 180mans Turbo.

He has been playing some of the .50c 360 mans and he's also a West Indian (Jamaica), so you might have things in common. I know he has been trying to find fellow West Indians on site.

Regards

Laz
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey xyzgra,

Nice idea for a challenge. It would be nice if we could double our BR every week.

Maybe you could check out Acespeci's blog The Making of a Pro ..$2.50 180mans Turbo.

He has been playing some of the .50c 360 mans and he's also a West Indian (Jamaica), so you might have things in common. I know he has been trying to find fellow West Indians on site.

Regards

Laz
      Cool... I will give him a shout. I believe I will be posting here often
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze

I placed 11th in the 990 man 0.02 NL. I'm using it for practice
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      First day was superbad. I dwindle my stack to 14.29. Since it is now under $15, I will go play $0.5 360man tourney.

I am going to take the day off. Relax and do something besides poker and comeback the next day.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      After saying I was not going to play, I played. I lost some more now down to $8.62. Well now, I will be playing $0.10 NL 360 man tourney.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      hey dude, i would say there is a big chance of this not happening ( But i hope you prove me wrong)

Reasons being 30 buy-ins for 360player games is never going to work, and same for other game types, i also appreciate that your BRM guides are that thin because its a week long challenge,and your taking a gamble to double up.

Either way go get um dude.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shanesmith
      hey dude, i would say there is a big chance of this not happening ( But i hope you prove me wrong)

Reasons being 30 buy-ins for 360player games is never going to work, and same for other game types, i also appreciate that your BRM guides are that thin because its a week long challenge,and your taking a gamble to double up.

Either way go get um dude.
      You might be right. Now I am down to $2.49. So, I'm limiting myself to freerolls.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Mission fail. What I will do is continue until I'm successful. My stack has been blown, so I'm playing freeroll to build it back.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      So, I decide to continue. My goal is to make $0.50 cent from freerolls. I estimate I will reach that goal by sunday.
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze

Made my $0.50 goal.

Next goal is play limit hold 'em until i reach $5. I think should make that by next week thursday.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      GL in rebuilding your roll from 0, it's really THE challenge,

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • xyzgra
      xyzgra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      GL in rebuilding your roll from 0, it's really THE challenge,

Best of luck,