Hyper for hypers

• Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Hey there! I've been thinking about starting a new blog for a while now, but I guess I've never had time to sit down and start writing.. But here goes :)

My name is Viktor, I'm 21 years old and born and raised in Sweden. I like hanging out with friends, skateboarding, drinking and all that stuff.. But now to the important part!

My poker career has been very up and down. Actually so up and down that I several months have been "rich" and broke (pretty much at the same time).
      My philosophy about money has kind of been: Need money? Play poker. Got money? Spend money.
      Which might sound like a pretty awesome lifestyle, but it has had a huge complication: When I win money, I waste much of it.
      It's been very slow in the recent months, because I haven't put down the time I needed to to meet my expectations.
      But I'm hoping to put an end to all of this laziness and accomplish something with the time I've spent on poker instead of just going with the flow.

My roll will start with about 150$, which I'm going to use wisely in the famous 9-max Hypers on stars until I hit "input big number" (we'll see how tired I am after the 3,50's).
      I'll start with 12-tabling the 1,50$'s, and will probably start mixing in the 3,50's aswell soon if things go well.

I'll try to update every day!

Long term goal: just dont fuck up

Cya!
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi viktor and welcome to blogs sir. :)

Oh I'm so glad it's you playing hypers and not me, I am so bad at anything vaguely resembling a SnG never mind a hyper.

So, try to use some sort of bankroll management and maybe ring-fence some winnings after you build your roll enough to spend, if you can. It does take the stress out of it and I've never been one for the boom and bust approach, far too scary for me, but then I'm a nit anyway. :D

You seem to know what you're about, so have fun, be strict with yourself(!), keep us updated please and win lots! :s_cool:

Mal.
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      To be honest, I'm not thrilled about playing hypers either.. But for me, it's the quickest way to get out of micro, even though the variance can be a pain.
      The (pretty much) only alternative I have is playing 2,50$ 180's, but I'm not too excited about playing them at this time.
      So I guess I'll have to keep suffering for a while ;)

I'm going to start adding a few 3,50's at 250$ and keep adding them on until i'm rolled for it.

" be strict with yourself(!)"
      That's pretty much my problem and always has been. That's why my only goal is "don't fuck up". Which might sound easy, but it's actually the only thing stopping me from living the good life :)

Thanks for reading, I'll update when I'm done for the day!
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      These past few days have not been going as well as I had hoped because I allowed myself to be distracted by a friend of mine.
      I'm not too disappointed though, since I've still played some without losing sight of my long term goal ;)

I'm currently up 22,95$ total after 169 SNGs, which is a pretty sweet ROI (9%), but such an extremely microscopic sample. Just gotta hope that it sticks in the long run :)

I'll post a graph when I'm done for the day. But until then, be well. :)
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      I realize that i've been the worst at updating, which only hurts myself.
      But I felt like I had to update since I just failed my only goal.. I just fucked up!
      I won a sat to the Sunday Brawl yesterday for 256$, which would have put my roll at about 800$, but it's at 550$ now instead since I forgot to unregister before I went to sleep.
      Feels really bad since I don't have 256$ to just throw away and it would've helped me alot with the roll build :(

Just gotta try to pick myself up and forget about it, nothing that can be done about it now : /