Platforms that favour Fish

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Don't you wish there was some independent company that would check the randomising code of various platforms, and then be able to issue them with some kind of certification that says that they are standard?

Because I can imagine some platforms trying to attract bad players by randomly checking hands and giving miracle runner runner cards.

I would love to know for sure that the turn and river are calculated before they are dealt. So that it's not dependent on how crap the fish's cards are. And I'd love to know that it is purely random.

Just a thought...

Anyway, I'm playing on full tilt and it's not so bad. It's much better than some other sites. (or so it seems - or maybe I'm recognised as a fish by the system and keep getting nice cards ;) )
  • 20 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Plz, not again .... Online is not rigged, period. Really,,,
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi WildBeans,

Anyone who has a decent sample size on any site will tell you. Online poker is not rigged, and its something you really need to realise. If you don't realise this soon, then your mental approach to the game is terrible. You are having loosing sessions in your head, before you even log into the poker client.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Like I said I'm not having that problem right now, but I think I've read about a thousand threads in the last few weeks about this kind of thing, and I would love for that debate to be cleared up, so the complaining can stop (or get worse).

Anyway I think it would be possible to set your system up so it attracts people who can't play in a way i mentioned. If you have enough people playing, then giving miracle cards every now and then at random times, has the potential to be noticed and also not noticed (by the nature of randomness). I also don't think it would be done at higher limits. --- What I'm basically saying is that it probably isn't rigged, but I would love to see independent proof. Just call me curious (not complaining :) ).
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      Like I said I'm not having that problem right now, but I think I've read about a thousand threads in the last few weeks about this kind of thing, and I would love for that debate to be cleared up, so the complaining can stop (or get worse).

Anyway I think it would be possible to set your system up so it attracts people who can't play in a way i mentioned. If you have enough people playing, then giving miracle cards every now and then at random times, has the potential to be noticed and also not noticed (by the nature of randomness). I also don't think it would be done at higher limits. --- What I'm basically saying is that it probably isn't rigged, but I would love to see independent proof. Just call me curious (not complaining :) ).
      Hi,

It is definaitly not rigged. Do you really think these multi million pound companys aren't checked? Like you said, its crazy how many people rant about it on the forums (but you have just started the same thread). It's a load of nonsence. I'm sure people are fed up with reading it. I know I am. It's only a matter of time before I stop replying in these "rigged" threads. I know most high rollers, and/or mods/coaches, wont reply in them.

It all becomes a little repetitive.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Yes, it is possible. No it's not probable.

If you just had a 5K hand downswing then learn to live with this.

If you had a 40K downswing then as long as you're working on your game then learn to live with this.

If you have a 2 million hand database with yourself running significantly under equity in all-in situations then it's slightly more likely that your site is rigged.

Go read the psychology articles would be my recommendation =)
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      only ipoker is rigged :D
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      but I think I've read about a thousand threads in the last few weeks about this kind of thing

that's because there are thousands of losing players out there :)

but yeah, obviously most of the rooms are rigged... otherwise I would be a millionaire till now :D (joke :P )

but i will keep collecting sklansky bucks and hope one day they become a real currency :P
    • xxbchxx
      xxbchxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      Plz, not again .... Online is not rigged, period. Really,,,
      Not rigged just funny....aslong as its happening to someone else lol lol lol
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      Don't you wish there was some independent company that would check the randomising code of various platforms, and then be able to issue them with some kind of certification that says that they are standard?
      There are. Every bigger poker site is checked. For example partypoker:
      http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/game_fairness/evaluation.html

I'm sure you can find similar information in all of the sites. Of course, you can say that they can bribe the companies that do the checks but you can also say that every poker player in the world is colluding against you, including God and a bunch of aliens.
    • MisterHomes
      MisterHomes
      Bronze
      Here is an article you may find interesting. NOTE THAT THIS IS THE EXCEPTION, NOT THE RULE.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26563848/
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by plaukas

There are. Every bigger poker site is checked. For example partypoker:
      http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/game_fairness/evaluation.html

I'm sure you can find similar information in all of the sites. Of course, you can say that they can bribe the companies that do the checks but you can also say that every poker player in the world is colluding against you, including God and a bunch of aliens.
      I just checked a couple of sites, and they all do say that they have independent checks. I guess I assumed that if there were independent checks then people wouldn't be complaining about it. So I jumped the gun a bit.

I guess it still depends on whether you trust the independent company or not, and in exceptional cases you get things like that ultimatebet scandal that misterhomes pointed to (thanks for that) - But of course that is the exception.

but I think the issue is pretty much resolved. especially if you're playing at the bigger poker sites - I'm glad I put up this post just to find this out.

Thanks everyone.
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      No problem.

The UB scandal was a surprising one as the cheating went on for very long. However, in the end players themselves busted them because of the exceptionally high winning stats. I'm quite confident anything like that again would be noticed much quicker now.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      most people who play can't get over there bad beats, and don't even think about how many times they have sucked out on some1. That is why u see so many threads about it being rigged. People think just cuz they if they are a huge fav they should win 100% of the time.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Just because "multi million pound companys " are checked does not mean that they are blitzblank sauber.

If some poker platforms realy do favor fish and give great river cards to donks(just been givin a bad beat now on river,Wow!) then why dont we play like the fish then we can all make great money like they do!

And last we all must remember that poker is gambling and there are no written rules on how the cards fall, and we can play anyway we want. The people with shit hands and very bad odds preflop will always get lucky here and there, but years of poker playing has shown that following sound poker theory and mathamatics(SHC) will be the winning way. If you find that a style of poker does not work, find a new one. When you think or know that cheating is going on then go to another site. Most of all have fun playing!
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      No online poker sites are rigged.....

All engines for every site are tested for randomization.

Seriously... if you really think they are you can always email the company who gave out the licenses for the online poker sites and they will provide you with the tests results and any other info you want.

Ipoker tests confirm that it is random and unbiased up to a 95% certainty for example.
    • ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sismis
      i totally agree ;)
    • Cagey75
      Cagey75
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ratex
      Originally posted by sismis
      i totally agree ;)
      Seconded! I've never seen so many runner runner miracles anywhere else, and I've been around! Last 2 weeks alone I've witnessed Royal Flushes, I'd only seen that many in the 3 years previous. A lot of quads are flopping there now too, after a long dry spell. I think they' turned the dealer to 'loose' again as people were complaining there was no good hands being dealt :D

Really, though, have you seen the dealers? They're all clones!!! Has to be rigged.
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze

I would love to know for sure that the turn and river are calculated before they are dealt.
      I wouldn't.

If the flop, turn and river are "dealt" before the preflop betting is complete, the information would be available to hackers.

Then it truly would be rigged.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      WTF?????????

Online poker is NOT rigged.

If you can't handle the bad beats and variance, simply do not play.