Very deep stack sit n go with lengthy blinds

• Michael2345
      If you were to play in a sit n go that was very deep stack and had long blind levels how would your strategy change? Should you play even tighter than your normally do in the early phase? Do small pocket pairs have reverse implied odds because of set over set or should they be played the same? Looking for some help on this. Thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • kurrkabin
      Hi, Michael2345!

Uhhmmm...if blind levels increase slowly and there is deeper stacks on average, then I will put a lot more emphasis on my postflop play. I will open looser ranges from late position trying to use my positional advantage and create a bigger stack for the push/fold game where I can apply more pressure. Basically the deeper the stacks, the bigger your advantage and edge should be over the weak players.

As for playing sets-no, I will still play them as long as I the right price and implied odds, which depends much more on the effective stack sizes than chip stack itself. Meaning that if you have 100bb and somebody 3 or even 4x pre, you can still call 22-55 and play for set mining. That would not be the case if we only had 35 bb effective.