A suggestion on Sharkscope data

• AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Lately I have been taking some horrible beats. I am not complaining though; variance will find its way and my better holdings will come ahead. So I hope this doesn't look like a bad beat whining.

The thing is that in my last sng I had 11BB, so I was in push/fold mode with only 4 players remaining. I pushed with AJ from the BB and everyone folded. Next hand I folded A6 from the SB, figuring that players would probably call and not wanting to show A-rag. Next hand I had JJ from the button. UTG limped in and I pushed. He took a looong pause and finally called with KQ. He caught a straight when I hit my trips.

Anyway, I was wondering why a tight player would put almost all his chips at risk with KQ. I figured that he'd be checking sharkscope during that long pause, and guess what... Under my nick, although it shows a little profit (only sng's), it says that I am on TILT. It's not that I got the little fishbowl with the leaping goldfish. Sure I am on a bad 10 sng run, but I'm pretty happy with the way I'm playing. Most times I'm ahead and people get miracle runner-runner cards.

I wasn't on tilt until I read that... Any suggestions? Should I block myself from sharkscope? Or should I use that to my advantage?
  • 4 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi AquamanBT,

There is a good chance he never even looked at it. Anyone that would look at that and make a decision from the stats are just damn crazy. It would make no sense at all. I certainly wouldn't change how you yourself play a hand. Which limits are you playing?

I wouldn't even check for a player on sharkscope, unless he was a regular. Even then, I wouldn't read to much into what I see. All my sharkscopes only have about half of the actual games I've played. So there is an error in the system somewere.

I do however block my sharkscope. Only so people cant see my actual SnG earnings. I haven't even logged on to sharkscope for 4-5 weeks. Thats how much I rate it. ;)

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      At this moment I am playing $3 sng's at Pokerstars. I had built my bankroll to play $5. I was almost breaking even but decided to go back down one level so that I could play more comfortable. And since that downgrade I've lost 1/4 of the BR. Was that a bad move on my part?
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      if you had more then 50bi for $5 level... Meaning more then $275... then it should be really hard for you to loose 1/4th of your bankroll in $3 sng's...
      meaning at least $68.75 or a 22bi downswing... Or well that could be doable tho... But 22bi downswing is huge....

Well on topic... No one with right mind thinks about if your running hot or on tilt on sharkscope.... They use 5 game sample size when the decide those things... If you loose 4 sng's in a row your on tilt... if you cash 4 in a row your on a HOT run... if you loose 8 in a row your SUPER TILT... so it's just a stupid thingy
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

You need a strict BRM imo. If you hit your goal to move up a limit, then you should move up. Then stay at that limit until your BRM says otherwise. You need to stick to it. If you reach your goal, but end up not moving up a limit, it affects you sub-consciously.

When I have a bad spell I stick at my limit, and play throughout it, if my BRM allows it. Then after I have come out of the downswing, I can be confident I can handle the pressures of my current limit.

Some people move down a limit, which imo is a bad move. It triggers you to think well I cant beat this limit. With them thoughts you loose money before you even play a session.

Is there a problem with playing break even poker? You will eventually be beating limits that you couldn't at the start.

Positive thinking!
      Stiev