Hello From An American MTT Player

• iSmashDonks
      iSmashDonks
      Basic
      Hello,

Im 22 (turning 23 in May). I am unfortunately from the United States. I can't afford to move out of country to continue to play on major sites so I grind unregulated Bovada and BCP. I also play live mtts in my region.

I found this forum looking for a great community to discuss poker and strategy with and learn from others while offering my knowledge that I do have to others.

See you guys around the forum, looks like a great place. Too bad no promos for Americans, even without that still seems to be one of the better communities to join.
  • 7 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Awesome, man! :s_biggrin: Keep doing what you love, and don't let anyone hold you back!

The gambling laws in your country are seriously beyond me...

How long have you already been playing poker, by the way? Hope you didn't lose any money when Black Friday happened.
    • iSmashDonks
      iSmashDonks
      Basic
      No I didn't loose any money worth missing, I had just got into online poker. I first started playing in home games in 2009 and started playing on full tilt and stars in 2010 but I was a loosing player, freerolling back then.

I'm glad to see that others who did loose money is finally getting their money back.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey iSmashDonks,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Black Friday was black for me not because of lost BR but because it removed millions of fish from the poker pool. I can't wait for you guys to be back as part of the wider poker community.

The fact that the 1st round of payments has been made is terrific, not just from the players point of view but I believe it will give online poker a little more credibility.

It's true that we can't offer much to the US players but if your studying and need access to more advanced strategy and videos you could consider buying a Points Package.

Looking forward to seeing around the forums

Cheers

Laz
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey iSmashDonks,

Black Friday was black for me not because of lost BR but because it removed millions of fish from the poker pool. I can't wait for you guys to be back as part of the wider poker community.

The fact that the 1st round of payments has been made is terrific, not just from the players point of view but I believe it will give online poker a little more credibility.

It's true that we can't offer much to the US players but if your studying and need access to more advanced strategy and videos you could consider buying a Points Package.

Looking forward to seeing around the forums

Cheers

Laz
      You know that Americans had lots of problem with deposits so there where almost only regs in that pool or enthuaists. Mostly because that there were already regulations by the government.
    • salpero
      salpero
      Basic
      Hi All,
      I've loved poker for most of my life. Living near Atlantic City gave me some opportunity to play live, but I mostly want to play online. I have new accounts at Party/Borgota and WSOP and an older account at Bovada that I opened last year when the laws were relaxed. So, poker in New Jersey is an infant. Party registers about 1400 players on the weekends, 500 during the week days. I hope this grows fast.
      I really want to belong to a community, but have yet to find one with people in my situation. Should I join Pokerstrategy as a paying member? Do you think this site will become the home for the NJ player? Can I use any software on Party or WSOP? Will I ever be able to collect reasonable sample sizes playing in this restricted environment?
      While I may be a fish, you'll have to take it from me. I welcome the chance, but can you help me level the playing field?
      Thanks for any nice comments.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey salpero,

As a PokerTracker4 user I can tell you that their last update contains support for Borgata/Party. So you can use that at least. Holdem Manager 2 would be doing the same I would expect.

As for sample sizes that would depend on whether you can get enough action at the limits you play.

We do have a few Americans around the site and as more and more start playing and realising they need to improve, we should pick up some more.

You can check out our Status & Points system and you can check out our points shop here.

And of course it costs absolutely nothing to be a member of our community, although a passion for playing poker is an advantage.

Regards

Laz
    • salpero
      salpero
      Basic
      Hi Laz,
      Thanks for the reply - I'm definitely going to look at PT/HM2 and I hope to become involved with this community. Now, I don't feel so alone. The USA is so strange - legally, with poker. It's shocking that this game that played such a big role in the 'West' of the 1800's has been pushed into this legal armpit, but there are people like me who are pushing back now. I am hoping to get some local news people interested in the online community from NJ and maybe we can get the legislature to open our borders to the rest of the world - in my lifetime.
      Do you think the video's on this site would help me change my old TAG ways? From the free previews, they seem very heavily weighted with HUD stats, but I guess playing online without them will never help the NJ community catch up to the rest of the world.
      I am going to post on two-plus-two. I saw some posts about NJ in the past. Do you think there may be players in that forum that would be interested in a NJ based group?
      Thanks Again.
      Good Luck at the tables.