[NL2-NL10] NL25 AQo

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What do you think of calling sometimes with such hands or should I always raise or push in such situations?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,60
      MP2:
      $29,85
      BU:
      $25,80

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , Q:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,75, 2 folds, BU calls $0,75, Hero calls $0,65, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,50) 3:diamond: , 5:heart: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2,50, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $2,50
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Never, ever call on the SB/BB because you are then out of position!

It is either Reraise or Fold with SSS but with a 3 PFR, I would have folded this hand.

As played, go for the check/raise to extract more value out of your opponent. If the 3rd comes when they check behind, you always got a redraw for your Queen high flush.

- Gerv
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      fold preflop, mp2 only has 3 PFR, we are likely to be behind at this point.

postflop, i won't check raise, but bet 2/3 pot, standard move. I think checking the flop is too risky on this drawy board.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hammiemon85
      postflop, i won't check raise, but bet 2/3 pot, standard move. I think checking the flop is too risky on this drawy board.
      True but
      1] You do not got iniative
      2] Their AFs are quite high so I think they mostly bet this one out

betting against 2 opponents out of position is a very strong move and will scare opponents away
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      dont call preflop especially when you play this way postflop, it makes no sense to call with aq and donk a hit potsize, you will only be called by better hands. Play check/raise allin, board is not that draw heavy and you have the 2nd nutbackdoor.