Baby steps :)

• exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Hello everyone :) Already introduced myself in the appropriate forum section(check here, now it's time to tell you the rest :)

I currently have two real money accounts:

- Full Tilt - 50$ received from pokerstrategy
      - PKR - 25$ starting capital (payed by yours truly)

Where I stand today :

- Full Tilt - 73.05$
      - PKR - 29$

I have read (a lot :) ) all the basic and bronze articles for no limit play, SNG's, time management.

I am currently applying SSS to the fulltilt players :) playing at 0.05/0.10 blinds at 4 tables at once(all I can handle right now) and trying to build my bankroll here slowly. I finally managed to get the patience thing down. During the first two days of play, I would stick to the chart, well for most of the time anyway :) I would always find it so hard to let go of QQ after a raise and reraise... and so on :) and wind up after 6 hours of play with little to no profit :) so BIG note to self - always stick to the chart and the strategies... don't reinvent the wheel :)

I don't want to start with BSS right away on fulltilt...Don't want to lose it all just yet.

I only ventured to play some SNG's, and heads-up tourneys. I registered by mistake to a matrix type tournament.... but it was just a mess :) I couldn't focus at all with 6 tables open on my 15.4 inch laptop screen and my glasses far away... managed to get kicked out of 4 tables, but won 1st place for the other 2 :) managing to focus and all :)

I actually think I do quite well on SNG's but really want to develop the ring game skills.

At PKR i have witnessed so many swings in my bankroll... I opened this account long before knowing about pokerstrategy.. an thus relying on my own "strategies" ... I was up at one point to 50$ but the ring games at 0.05/0.10 took me down.

I was consistently wining at SNG's and 0.02/0.04 ring games...so right now I am sticking to this on PKR. I can sharpen my BSS skills on the lower blinds offered here.

I don't really like to apply SSS here since you can only open 4 tables at once, but it goes much slower than on fulltilt, so you end up waiting forever :)

I must point out that I have found many more fish in the PKR pond than in the fulltilt one :) but I like all fish... I don't discriminate.. :) It's better to have more fish where you play BSS :)

So I'll get back to the tables now.. and let you know how it goes :)

Cheers!
  • 22 replies
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      So I just found I made to member level in the PKR club.

This is really cool :) Here are the most interesting benefits for me:

* Freerolls - get entry to a $1,000 freeroll at 14:30 GMT on the third Sunday of every month.

* Invitation only tournament on the first Sunday of every month at 14:30 GMT. Just $5 to buy-in with $500 added to the prize pool.

* Free entry into monthly prize draws and competitions with 50 prizes worth up to $20 each up for grabs

* A cool birthday gift including: a seat in a $365 birthday freeroll, three tickets to $300 Premium Freerolls and two tickets to $1,000 Premium Freerolls.

* The PKR Points booster – get 5,000 points for achieving Member level.

* Free tournament tickets when you achieve this level – get five tickets to $300 Premium Freerolls and two tickets to $1,000 Premium Freerolls.

I have started playing in the 500 pkr points buy in tourneys... using their tickets :)

Result:

49th place out of 2300 = cashout - 0.02$ :) it was still a nice achievement... got kicked out with top pair and jack kicker by the slow playing bullets :)

80th place out of 1500 -no cash out, don't remember how I went out :P
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Arrrrghhh... got a bit upset yersterday...played all day SSS at fulltilt on NL10 tables.... in the first hour it was amazing... lots of fish... managed to double up at most of the tables..

so from 73$ went up to almost 89$ couting also a rakeback of 4$.... and then it started....

lost it all :P from 89 to 74... nothing seemed to hold up... AA crushed by K10, JJ by J5 ... and so on and so forth... I am passed it now and need not remember it :P

Alas... today is a new day.... managed to score 25.3 strategy points yesterday... at least that... and I will work hard now having the silver status in mind :)

26 points left....

I am doing much better on PKR though...I've doubled up today at two NL4 tables... entering with 4 $ and leaving both with a bit above 8$.

I am currently playing in a 10$ freeroll with 1860 entrants. Now there are 575 remaining and payouts from place 80 on. I'll let you know how it goes.

Total profit from last post:

FTP - 1$
      PKR - 8$

And what's most important... I am above anger towards lucky fish... I keep telling myself that :) I'll get them later :P

Cheers ppl! May the flop be with you :)

PS: this "may the flop..." is actually written on the front page of a book Online poker by Doyle Brunson.

I was just trying out Doyle's room and made an account... only play money though... and then I got an email that they were sending these books to whoever wanted them... free of charge.. no strings attached blah... I said "Hell yeah !" . May the flop be with is Handwritten on the first page and signed Doyle Brunson! ( I know there is a big chance it wasn't him but still :)
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      "I am currently playing in a 10$ freeroll with 1860 entrants. Now there are 575 remaining and payouts from place 80 on. I'll let you know how it goes.'"

Finished in place 123... not bad i guess :) no payout
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I hope you will advance to Nl25 FullTilt as soon as possible due the rake difference exorcism ;) Therefore I can recommend to focus on FullTilt and SSS as intensive as possible. PKR is slower than Live games I have heard.

Good luck at the tables and keep your head up!
      - Gerv
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Thanks gerv for the support :)

NL25 is my main aim :) for now ;)
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      So i've been playing for the last 2 hours in the 300$ premium freeroll for master's stage 3(first 3 places gain access to this bigger tourney)

out of 576 entrants - i finish 21st and payouts from place 20 onwards....i was so close... i could smell it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argghhhhhhh

next time i guess...

ps: up to 83$ on FTP - bad beat season seems over for now :)
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      New week, new start :)

I have just been awarded the SILVER status :) which makes me very happy:) and reassures my willingness to further improve my game... GOLD here I come :)

My elephant is up and running :) It was a bit of a struggle to figure out all the kinks, but I think it's going all right now. I posted my fist hand on the forum... Still waiting on the analysis guys :P

Anyways, I am a happy girl today :)

Cheers!
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Hey all! Big news :) A dorm at my university organized a sort of Halloween Poker tournament :P The entry fee to the event was 3 euro and you got drinks and snacks (a lot of :P ) and a seat in the 20 person tournament :P (4 tables of 5 , final table with finisher of each table)

It was really poorly organized...poker wise... starting of the play with stacks of about 2000 and blinds 1/2 :P so you can imagine it took some time to play... of course there were people there just for fun.... and some absolute begginers had hand ranking charts in NL hold'em :P it was fun to see them check out the chart and pin point the location on which their eyes stopped :P

It was so much fun :) playing live poker after so long.. and I actually saw a lot of the tells listed here in the strategy section on my opponents... :)

After 8 long hours ! of play :P I managed to finish in first place :) winning a university t shirt, bottle of sekt, 20 euro coupon for the local mall here :) and most importantly a trophee :) it was a real ego booster... especially when at the very end everyone was amazed a girl won!... gee whizz... hell ya :) i'll win next time as well punk :P

Anyways... online pokerwise... I am getting close to breaking the 100$ line at FTP :) wish me luck :)

Cheers!

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Oh gee you are a girl :] * Runns Awaaaaaaaaay*

Congrats on your Victory :D
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Hello hello!

haven't blogged in a while. Been down in a hole of 23BI for SSS on NL10... ehhh my first downswing came and went :)

After a loosing week on SSS, i decided to just take a break from SSS and try something else. I've been grinding up on some SnG's. It turned out really nice.

Brought my BR from 59$ to 115$ with 1$ and 2$ 9 ppl SnG's in a week, and will get back to SSS after I hit the limit for switching to NL25 and a lower rake :) . Plus my trial elephant license expired and still have some 700 strategy points to earn :P SSS is just better with professional stats :P

Not much else really... just hoping the next downswing isn't really round the corner, but I am better prepared for the next one!

Anyways... good luck at the tables and happy fishing!
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Thats a nice trophy and lol at ppl looking at chart during the tourney xD
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      i got totally pwned in a hand today playing SSS on NL10 :P

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $2.00
      Hero:
      $1.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , K:club:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.85 (All-In), 3 folds, MP3 calls $1.45.

Flop: ($3.85) A:heart: , 4:heart: , 8:spade:
      Turn: ($3.85) Q:club:
      River: ($3.85) Q:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3.85

Results follow :
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens (Ad Kc)
      MP3 shows four of a kind, queens (Qh Qd)
      MP3 wins with four of a kind, queens (Qh Qd)

I guess I had it coming after getting KK twice in a row at another table :)
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Hi all!

trying to get back in the groove. it's been most than a year on inactivity. I had a lot of stuff going on... got married, moved overseas from germany to canada (montreal) and etc....

just yesterday i decided to come back to all this, so i am back sss-ing on fulltilt on nl10 until i get my groove back, so i can move up to nl25 and get rid of the ridiculos rake on nl10.

it's really nice to be back. so much has changed. i see that ingolpoker no longer holds the sss bronze coaching. gerv is doing that now and i will listen to him shortly :) also, burek2000 is a hand judge now :) it's good to see people i know succeed :) i hope only to get far now that i am back. :)

i have a new 22 inch monitor so i can play 9 tables at once on fulltilt. i only need to email customer support on ftp to increase my max number of allowed tables (8 now :P the bottom right corner of my screen is feeling lonely :P )

i just accepted the holiday bonus offer from fulltilt and i will work hard to clear it :)

not much else for now :) it's bad not to able to access silver material, but hey, that will end soon :) i miss being a silver member, and who knows, hopefully soon to be gold.

i also need to work hard towards that elephant license. half way there.

excellent to be back :) should anyone actually read this, i will try to keep you posted :)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Good luck in your return to poker :) Good to see people playing SSS on the same limits as myself.
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Good luck in your return to poker :) Good to see people playing SSS on the same limits as myself.
      Thanks Wriggers ! Much luck fishing :)

It hasn't been as good as I wanted since i came back. I am steady on track for the silver status and cleared 20$ of the Full tilt xmas bonus offer thing .... but at the tables it is bad beat central. i've had only one winning four out of 4 total. due to the bonus, my BR is more or less the same as when I started. (visible losses of 6$)

For the first losing day i identified a bunch of mistakes.... not really acting correctly in freeplay situations and reraising with hands i should not be reraising with.... oh well....hopefully it will pass soon :)

i am about to clear another 10$of the bonus this afternoon and maybe have a winning session. it really bothers me since there are so many fish out there, but they seemed to get the better of luck until now. i am sure it will turn around for the better, because c'mon, i want to be called by 9 5 off :P

so much for ramblings for today...

over and out
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      so it's been going pretty well...

got my silver status back after aprox 4 days of playing. cleared 40$ of the ftp xmas bonus and have only 329 ps points to go for my elephant licence :)

i love my new 22 inch monitor... it allows to play nicely 12 tables at once, without me having to switch glasses' prescription :P

i have the br to go up a limit and start playing nl25 :P i'll let you know how it goes.

i'll probably start smaller, at just 6 tables at once or something, until i get used to the betting sizes and stuff...

that's about it for now:)

let's see how it goes

cheers
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Updates...good ones for a change :)

Today is the first time my BR went over 200$ . It is currently at 209.71$

So of course, I am quite happy with this. I also managed to clear the complete 100$ xmas bonus on FTP, and if it wasn't for some losing sessions a while back ... oh well :) I am still happy.

I have 15 strategy points to go for the elephant license, so hopefully tomorrow after the update this will be done :)

Nothing much other than this, pokerwise. Monday is my 8 year anniversary with my significant other :) , quite excited obv.

After that the usual get a tree, set it up scenario, christmas and all that... very nice times ahead..

I might be taking it slower on the poker front, so just in case, whoever is reading this, may you have a wonderful time during the holidays and an excellent start to the new year :)
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      yay :)

just got my elephant license :)

over and out :P
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Congratulations! Don't forget to feed him with peanuts :f_biggrin: