This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Does Cashing Out Always Equal Bad Luck?

• xxbchxx
      xxbchxx
      Bronze
      I Cashed out the other day from PP after a nice little run with a very small initial deposit.
      But since I've gone back on with my leftovers I've had such poor luck, I'm not a believer of "The Poker Sites Rigged" etc but I'm sure someone somewhere is watching my hand and having a big laugh at my expense.....
      I was in a $2 turbo 10 seater
      Short stacked with 5 plrs left.
      I had 10 10 so went all in....had a caller with Q8s, I doubled up!
      Next hand I had AKo so went all in again....got called with 88, I hit my A. I doubled up again (now just off chip leader) lovely jubbly.....
      Next hand I get KK so I called because I thought any plr with an A would call so I was willing to muck it if an A come on the flop.
      BB checked so only two of us in the pot.
      The flop was Ks Qh 5d
      I checked and the other plr bet 800...I called as the flop wasn't scary in the least. (I had trip Ks)
      Turn was 5h so I now have a fullhouse.
      Plr bets 2K.
      I push All In plr calls.
      Plr has Kd 5c (he has trip 5s)
      River comes....................................................Yep I bet you've guessed already ..........................5s Plr gets four of a kind 5s.
      I could just about manage to stay on my chair,/.,/.,
      Still im not bitter "That's Poker"
      Bad Beat?? I mean the only thing I can take from this is don't ever slow play anything even with the best intentions of folding it if you don't hit......From now on I'm pushing all the way.
  • 1 reply
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I think you should also look at yourself in this situation. Do you really play that good that you can't go through a streak of bad luck? Or might it also be that you're not as good as you think, possibly even tilt?

Also, I don't know how many buyins you lost, but in turbo SNGs you can easily lose 30 buyins.