Lets sit & go

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Had a blog a month and abit ago starting from $0, called the chris ferguson challenge I got to just over $1k in the 2months I had that blog but ended up withdrawing it all in chunk amounts over the past month due to

1. (never normally having money to spend and i wanted to spend it)

2. (my mum forcing me to withdraw the rest of my funds thinking id become some sort of gambling addict).

Got that all sorted out now and am ready to start anew.

Starting with $31 on mansion poker I am going to play 9man sitngoes Starting from $1. If it all works out I will be using a 30/20 Bi rule untill a later date. (I will include bonuses into this bi rule).

Going to post Sharkscope Graphs weekly so I can track my progress.

My username on mansion poker is jameslhm

Before starting the first set of sitngoes I will play 100 situations on the ICM to get warmed up, if i get under 90% I will leave it for the day as im obviously not in the right frame of mind. After playing a set of sitngoes I will play 50 icm situations to make sure im still playing +ev, (thats if i want to carry on with another set).

(might change that to a higher icm percentage what do you lot think?)

I play between 4-6 sng's at once right now but may start to play 6-8 soonish.

Weeks goals:
      make a profit.
      play 100 games+.

Month goals:
      move up a limit.

Year goals:
      I cant think that far ahead thats just too far for a 19 yr old.

Side note: This blog is more of a personal benifit than Purely for others to see my progess its just one way of tracking my thoughts and feelings in general.
  • 4 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I will be using a 30/20 Bi rule

That's just not enough for sng's.... I take 20 bi swings almost daily now lol :)

Stick to 50 bi if you want my advice :)

100 situations on the ICM to get warmed up, if i get under 90%

100 situations on the ICM is just variance... lol I think about 85% should be enough

I play between 4-6 sng's at once right now but may start to play 6-8 soonish.

imo 4 sng's is the golden number... I don't understand why anyone should play more than that... but thats just my opinion :)
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      im playing non-turbo sitngoes on ipoker most definatly will use better brm if i move up the limits.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      good luck , i also say that that brm is too low for sit&go

2. (my mum forcing me to withdraw the rest of my funds thinking id become some sort of gambling addict).

that's exactly why my mom still thinks I'm playing with play money ... if she knew about my swings :D
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      had like 2-3 15-20 buy in swings in 500 games on the 22s. Do it with at least 40 buy-ins BR.
      SNG's suck btw.. I just had to play them because of the bonus. Still I am profitable(though not as much as I had expected) but I hate them :)