Float or raise cbet?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd like to know when to float or raise the villain's cbet. Of course, I'm talking about good flops to do this, like K72 for ex., my question is when I want to bluff should I float or raise? I usually prefer to raise, because many regulars 2nd barrel when there's 1 over, this is more true when the board is drawy. I usually only float if I got a draw on a flop i believe I dont have much FE (e.g: flop QK2, and I got JT), and villain checks turn.
  • 7 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      What limit do you play? SH or FR?
      In general I like to float drawy board or when i have at least some outs and raise dry boards. But it really depends on the opponent. Does he second barrel or not? If not floating is better.
      Don't do it too often, especially on low limits.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      What limit do you play? SH or FR?
      In general I like to float drawy board or when i have at least some outs and raise dry boards. But it really depends on the opponent. Does he second barrel or not? If not floating is better.
      Don't do it too often, especially on low limits.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      I play NL20 SH, but I only do it against good players, TAG/LAG's.

I disagree with you, I prefer to raise cbet on a drawy board than on a dry board.

Almost any TAG or LAG will 2nd barrel easily on a blank turn with only overcards on a J:heart: 7:club: 8:club: board for example I think, because great part of the caller is a draw. On a dry board, like K72, they dont cbet turn as usual, atleast I dont, because great part of the range of the caller is a Kx.

And its hard to know if he 2nd barrels with air. I assume LAGs do (stats like 24/20 with a decent AF), but I've seen many TAGs doing it too. It's hard to make a note because I need to see some showdowns which they 2nd barreled.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      You disagree with TribunCaeser. This is bad. Very bad. :D
      You really don't need to do this (float, not disagree) to be winning player on this limits. You must have some FE to do this kind of moves. And you will have more on drawy boards.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Of course you can disagree with me
      :D :D :D

But think a bit more....how does a tag react to your raise on a drawy board if he has:
      1. draw?
      2. a strong made hand?
      3. a good made hand (TP)?
      4. a mediocre made hand?
      What might he think you have?

Now do the same for a dry board.

Is it more likely he has some kind of a hand on a dry board or on a drawy board?

I hope that helps. ^^
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      sorry sorry :D

lets see...

1. he doesnt fold
      2. He doesnt fold for sure
      3. doesnt fold on flop most probably
      4. might fold, might call as well

I'm talking about low drawy flops, so we can exclude draws I think, but you're right anyway, because of the draws he'll only fold if he doesnt have a hand, thats what I do anyway. But then we gotta have a draw to float right? Or calling with air just to float is ok?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I like to have at least some kinda outs to float. You can also count flushcards as outs even if you don't have them. Raise the turn if the flush comes in. Creates a whole lot of fe against weak tags.
    • jezreel
      jezreel
      Bronze
      u dont have to float or bluff till nl200....and u dont need it necessarily at this limit, to play profitable. after nl200 u need more weapons to strike back against the tags/lags. till than...internalise the basics ;)