Titan Dont Care About You

• tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      Ok guys and gals, I haven't actually posted before, but I believe that this must come out about Titan before anyone else has the same painful problem.

I was on the $10/$20 cash tables postflop (hand details not required), I had A10d and there was 5x in the pot.
      I made my bet, the other player went all in, I had nothing so intended to fold.
      HOWEVER, one of the damn Titan popups appeared with the OK button RIGHT ON TOP of the Call button.

Short version is I have just my entire bankroll which has taken about 3 months to build up (about £1300).
      I obviously was not happy about this and contacted online support;
      Here is their "sympathetic" responses in unedited transcript,

Please post comments on this as I think this is beyond ridiculous

Paige: Paul, I apologize for the long wait. We try to attend to all our players the quickest possible time. My name is Paige and I am glad to assist you in your concern.

tripstim88: Hi Paige, I have a serious concern
      tripstim88: are u familiar with your popup software?
      Paige: Are you referring to the Broadcast Messages and other promotions?
      tripstim88: yes
      tripstim88: the ones u get even when ur at the table
      tripstim88: well one of them just cost me my entire bankroll
      Paige: Yes, we are aware of that.
      tripstim88: it popped when i was in the middle of a hand
      tripstim88: and the box appeared right on the alliin box
      tripstim88: i am absoultely furious about this in case you cant tell
      tripstim88: and i would like to know what titan intend on doing about it
      tripstim88: i am not into rash calls, am about to go for platinum level so i know when to fold
      tripstim88: but this popup has just cost me a literal fortune and none of it was my fault
      tripstim88: :\
      Paige: I understand, Paul. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. But we didn't intend to disturb your game.
      tripstim88: it has cost me over £1000
      tripstim88: so it is more than an "inconveience"
      tripstim88: sorry Paige, my anger isnt aimed at you
      tripstim88: but this isnt small money we are talking about here
      tripstim88: what can we do about this?
      tripstim88: i cannot be down that amount of money as you can very well understand
      Paige: I understand, Paul. But, the pop up messages are sent every two hours and not intended to disturb your games in any way.
      Paige: We do apologize for the inconvenience.
      tripstim88: Paige are you a real person or an automated system?
      tripstim88: I have just told you i have lost over £1000 at the table due to one of your popups appearing midgame
      tripstim88: and you apologising for the inconveniece???
      Paige: I am a real person.
      tripstim88: ok
      Paige: For any comments and suggestions, Paul, you can send an email to support@titanpoker.com.
      tripstim88: so you're basically saying tough luck you've lost the money and we aren't going to refund any or all of it?
      tripstim88: even though it wasn't my fault in the first place?
      tripstim88: this is a flaw with the titan client software not my laptop and not my gameplay
      Paige: Paul, let me remind you again that pop up messages are not intended to disturb your games.
      tripstim88: that isn't correct though
      tripstim88: if they pop when you are at a table then by default they are disturbing the game
      tripstim88: Paige, I will make this really simple before I take this higher, I want the money back that I was effectively robbed of, the popup DID disturb my game and screwed up the outcome of the hand, I wanted to fold but didnt get the chance to
      tripstim88: you say it isn't designed to disturb the game, but it did
      tripstim88: this is absolutely ridiculous
      tripstim88: so i have lost just about my entire bankroll due to your popups and titan wont do anything about it???
      Paige: I'm sorry, Paul.
      tripstim88: Paige I want more than sorr
      tripstim88: if there is nothing you can do with this, can you put me on to your manager please
      tripstim88: this is a flaw with the software and a) needs rectified and b) i want a refund on this
      tripstim88: before some other poor player ends up with the same painful outcome
      Paige: I am the manager, Paul. And I can't give you any refund.
      tripstim88: ....
      tripstim88: so you arent even willing to offer me anything here
      tripstim88: seeing as I am one of your so called loyal and valued players
      Paige: Okay, I can give you a token to $3000 Saturday Special as a compensation.
      tripstim88: that is NOT compensation to this
      tripstim88: if i was driving a car and the breaks failed due to a fault in the car manufacturing, do you think they would say "oh, sorry for the inconvenience"
      tripstim88: i am really trying my best to keep my patience here
      tripstim88: but offering me a token for a fault in YOUR software is just humiliating my intelligence
      tripstim88: none of the other ipoker clients have the popups ingame
      Paige: I'm sorry, Paul. But as what I have said the pop up messages are not intended to disturb your games.
      tripstim88: your response doesnt make sense
      tripstim88: and you are just repeating yourself
      tripstim88: in my opinion, you are avoiding giving me a straight answer
      tripstim88: i am telling you they DO interrupt the games
      tripstim88: do you or do you not agree?
      tripstim88: have you seen the popups appearing ingame?
      Paige: Because you are also repeating what your saying. Let me ask you a question, if you win that game and you receive a pop up message, are you going to ask for any compensation?
      tripstim88: thats not the point!
      tripstim88: regardless of the outcome of the hand i was going to alert you to the problem anyway
      tripstim88: i am trying to get across that the popups in YOUR game caused this to happen
      tripstim88: and you are just saying "oh well they arent supposed to"
      tripstim88: i cant believe this
      tripstim88: you know what, before this escalates any more i am terminating the conversation
      tripstim88: i'm getting nowhere
      tripstim88: I am posting this conversation in one of your partner forums unedited, so feel free to look at the responses
      tripstim88: I am leaving Titan Poker
      tripstim88: you obviously dont care about your players
      Paige: I am giving you a token yet you don't want it.
      tripstim88: LOL
      tripstim88: You are giving me a token for entry into the Saturday special and you think that is fair compensation?
      tripstim88: I don't think you really care about what I've typed Paige, and I repeat that I am offended you think a token to the saturday special is suitable compensation for my loss from your flawed client software
      Paige: It is not a flaw, Paul. What about a token to ECOOP Special Satellite.
      tripstim88: it is a flaw
      tripstim88: I've lost over £1000 ($2200 dollars appox) and you are offering me tokens
      tripstim88: Please give my intellect some credit
  • 12 replies
    • kassinopious
      kassinopious
      Bronze
      wow that really sucks.. big time.

I have had the same problem, infact numerous problems with those popups. So far they have made me call instead of raise which induced an 8 way pot whilst i was holding aces... so they lost. Theyve made me fold when i wanted to bet and bet when i wanted to fold and also they have kindly caused me to uncheck the "auto post" box which costs 1.5BBs each time to get back in to the action.

I dont have anywhere near the bankroll you just lost but it is very annoying all the same. I can understand that titan want to advertise certain features or promotions from time to time but i often get the message "WHY NOT TRY OUR CASH TABLES?" whilst playing 6 of them!!

In all.. half the messages that "pop up" could quite easily be put into the chatboxes whilst at the tables... or alternatively, they could pop up at the back of the tables for leisurely reading after you come away.

I feel very sorry for you it must have hurt like hell and i would have expected a much for sympathetic response from online support (afterall they only made $3 for your $2200 bet whereas if you had kept playing at the table they probably would have made $300 or more from the one session).

On your part though, was taking your entire bankroll to a single table really a wise move? I'll let you decide.

Unlucky mate let us know if you get any more reasonable assistance or a better explanation of why we incur popups whilst at cash tables.

Kass
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi tripstim79,

I wont comment on the titan matter, as everyone knows my views of them already.

But....

You had all your roll on one table? Or am I missing something?

Regards,
      Stiev
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Oh i feel ya, lost couple of hands due to that popus when i was playing cash on titan (atlho i play a lot lower limits), they are even mre annoing when you are mtting like mad man and then all-of-sudden poput of out damn nowhere.
      Just get your money off titan and move ie. to stars, no popups/msng you support about tourneys whatsoever and actualy working loyality program ;p (lol at that 3k special :D ).
      Also he may have only 1k pound on tp, but if needed he may just reload or whatnot, or he may just mean that he lost his bankroll as money on table.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

He clearly states he lost his entire bankroll which took him 3 months to build (£1300)

This is why you should have good BRM. Although you lost due to bad software, I dont have much simpathy.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      The best they will/have done for me is give me a token into the ECOOP M/E satellite.

Woopie-doo,
      And yes it was my table roll that was lost but the lack of interest from Titan is completely sickening.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tripstim79
      Short version is I have just my entire bankroll which has taken about 3 months to build up (about £1300).
      Hi,

You were playing $10/$20 and you lost £1300, which took you 3 months to build.

But now you are saying it was just your table roll? WTF is a table roll? So you never lost £1300, and 3 months work? This all sounds abit strange to me.

You were playing NL2000 right? and you only have a $2k roll. Which means you lost everything!

You are saying 2 completely different things, in 2 posts.

A great saying I like :- I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe you.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Imo he played on his normal limit and someone pushed all-in, as he was reaching for fold button some popup to $2200 tourney popped up and when he pressed fold button (at least he thought he pushed it) he actually registered to that yber tournament. That thing happened in a fraction of time.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Oh.... you were playing $10/$20 tables with $2200 O.o well, that's what you get for [ ] BRM.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      ;) I remember losing 5$ that way when my roll was 30$ :D And folding aces when there was raise and call on table :(

The only way you can get money back is if the player who took your money:
      -will buy your story
      -is really really i mean reeeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy nice
      -and will than deposit you money!

How you'll get him and persuade him to do that is up to you ;)

slikec
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      this is in fact beyond ridiculous and it's titan's fault but they are not gaining anything from it i guess they were going to get the same rake if you call or if you fold so I don't think they will give your money back (altough they morally should because their crappy software was the cause of your loss)

i think the token is the most they will give you . Giving you back your roll would be like saying "our poker site sucks so take this $2200 sorry for the inconvenience we know you will never play here again , good day"

but what were you doing with your whole roll on one table? , i would understand it from a complete newbie, but you are a platinum member. If you enter with your complete bankroll to a table you are risking to lose it all , to a suckout, a cold deck, the conection breaking, a misclick or whatever.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      PS authorities might want to talk to Titan authorities about this, I'd be REALLY pissed if this happened to me <_<

They should make popup appear away from the table or something
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      If this pop up problem is a known issue why didn't you change to any other site? The car example fits perfect here, if you know the brakes fail from time to time, would you still drive it all day everyday?

Sure it is Titan's fault that their software sucks, but it's up to you to choose on which site you want to risk your entire roll. Sry for you anyways
    • TomVeil
      TomVeil
      Bronze
      Totally disgusting behavior from this Paige at Titan, obviously hiding behind the knowledge that the player is helpless in a case like this. If these support people could ever just talk to you like a normal person... but they don't.