seranpoker

• seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Part I
      I have been telling my self to start a blog for a month or so and decided that today I will LISTEN to myself. :D . All vices have always had my attention for longer than they deserve but Pokah is an exception.
      Maheep, who is an active member here was my class mate in post graduation. I wouldnt be lying if I said we started poker almost at the same time. This was back in 2010.
      We were live games sharks in a player pool of around 10 - 15. One day Mahi tells me about this cool site which gives 50$ FREE Capital to play online and tells me not to tell anyone. I sincerely nod my head and ask him ( with my mouth half open in anticipation) if I can with draw the $$ the same day I get it.

Well thats how the amazing journey was to begin in jul 2010. it ended 2 months later where I got bust all with my 77 on a 256 flop. Villain shows JJ.(reinforced my belif that calling online poker rigged is a big understatement).

With a smug smile on my face I set myself to doing things I am really good and not feel cheated in the end. The list of things included a good deal of counter strike, drinking generous amounts of alcohol and a good days sleep. I was happy. :)

After my MBA, I was an aimless irritated soul, trying to find a way to get back to his routine. Doing thigs he was good at doing. Nevertheless amidst all this I did find a job (my 7th) and have stuck to it for 14 months ( my longest ever {with old age comes insecurity.}).

When Mahi started to rekindkle my dying (dead) passion for poker(recenlty dec 2012 {dates for the benefit of those reading this blog a few centuries later}) , I woke up stronger than ever and ground NL2 on stars. I won at a whopping .79bb/100 over 35k hands.

The kind of graph that would startle even the sickest of grinders. The green line competing with the x axis for supremacy. I trudged on gamely. (to be continued... in part II)
  • 70 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Such amazing theories we had about poker being rigged.

I remember sitting at Panchu's early in the morning with you and Prashant discussing how it was OBVIOUSLY rigged.
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Oh yes. The hot maggi at Panchus every morning was a routine too. I still get a little bit of wax in my poo everyday :D
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      Cs player nice to see that :) Just a pub player or hardcore gamer though?
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Part II.

WHen I had about 75$ in my stars account I discovered a whole new world. € tables.

After Mahi said i am rolled to play 2 nl€, and that I have 70$, I was a little reluctant to move out of the comfortable little world I was livning in, nevertheless I nodded and said I would give it a shot.

To my pleasant suprrise the average no. fishes per table were higher by about 2.879 per table. hmmm. not a bad deal after all. After a few fruitful sessions I stuck to Euros and adopted the 2nl € lobby as my 2nd home.

The bankroll started steadily rising ($ 153.47 and change) and thats when Mahi suggested that i look for new hunting grounds and that i am too good for stars. I obeyed.

We zeroed in on 888. After all the deductions and commissions to all the websites around I was able to deposit $143.34 on the 20 march 2012. I was about to tread on unknown waters. $ NL6.

My first session on 888 was good. ( net won 45$ at about 245 bb/100). I was rather pleased with myself and went to bed thinking all in a days work. Although, this, made my days spent on pokerstars look like a joke.

The days progressed and i was itching to play NL10 and thats when Mahi said I could play 10 NL and I am rolled for it (I had just hit 250$). So I am currently playing 10 NL on 888 about 5 BIs away from 20 NL and this ( the above ) has been my story so far.
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ikkvr
      Cs player nice to see that :) Just a pub player or hardcore gamer though?
      I would like to think that I am hardcore gamer but my games were mostly me sitting in D block playing against equally good players from A block(hostel). We all were about 3 and a half months into CS. :coolface:
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      Oh np I meant about clans and stuff :) Gl in poker Though
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      That's quite an introduction seran. :)

Awesome to see another gamer on board Pokerstrategy.com's blogs section. I'm saying that because I believe gamers will find it much easier to do well in poker.

Just make sure you keep updating us regularly and keep this blog going. Really hope you see you progressing. You've taken a nice step. :)
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ikkvr
      Oh np I meant about clans and stuff :) Gl in poker Though
      Yeah we had clans and stuff. Intra college though. The clan i played finished runners up ( among 12 teams). i was the awper theere. i was always the awper.
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clawindsouza
      That's quite an introduction seran. :)

Awesome to see another gamer on board Pokerstrategy.com's blogs section. I'm saying that because I believe gamers will find it much easier to do well in poker.

Just make sure you keep updating us regularly and keep this blog going. Really hope you see you progressing. You've taken a nice step. :)
      Thanks Clawin. Heard heaps about you from Mahi Sir. Inspiring to know gamers do well in poker. You're a gamer too?

P.S. i will post some sick graphs
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Yeah I am a gamer but mainly play fifa. :D Used to play quite a bit of CS too but nothing close to the mad gamers. :)

Waiting for the graphs. :)
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Nice to cu seran :P

What are the steps you are taking to make sure you are improving & learning this game day by day ?
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      hi SIM

I have a 1 to 10 job here in Bangalore. I spend about an hour in the morning and 2 in the night playing poker. Pokerstrategy.com is not blocked in office and my time there is spent watching videos. Mahi sweats me sometimes, explains new lines. I pick those and incorporate it where ever possible. Hope your venture into nolimit is a quick success. Any particular reason why you have decided to move to NL from FL?
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      [img] C:\Users\SG\Desktop\Sid\nl2 ps.png[/img]
    • satishvasoya
      satishvasoya
      Bronze
      [ ] the myth.
      [ ] the legend.
      [?] the man.

:coolface: :coolface: :coolface: :coolface:
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      @ Vasoya

[x] Starts a blog
      [x] Promises to pay people who spot inactivity in blog
      [x] Pulls off a Full Tilt
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      ^LOL BURRRRRNNNN

@seran - You first have to upload the pic on http://www.tinypic.com and they'll give you a link to post on the forums. :)
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      My time at Nl2 on the stars

• seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      My new adopted home ( for sometime) 2nl €

• seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      NL5 at PS