huge downswing at NL50, very annoying.

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      this is really annoying me. october graph, all NL50 SH:

By Kruppe87 at 2008-10-26

here's what happened today, just as I was getting back to breakeven for the day:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $160,20
      Hero:
      $132,70

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , K:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $3,00, Hero raises to $9,50, 3 folds, MP3 calls $6,50.

Flop: ($19,75) 2:club: , 9:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $5,50, Hero raises to $26,50, MP3 calls $21,00.

Turn: ($72,75) J:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($72,75) 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $28,00, Hero calls $28,00.

Final Pot: $128,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and deuces (Kc Ks)
      MP3 shows a full-house, jacks full of deuces (Jd Jh)

MP3 wins with a full-house, jacks full of deuces (Jd Jh)
  • 18 replies
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      just unlucky, hopefully your BRM is conservative enough to take you through the downswing.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Just another day in the office. Concentrate over improving you game, the luck factor always break even. Just try to stay alive (your Bankroll, not you)
      I hope your downswing will be over as we speak.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      Just another day in the office. Concentrate over improving you game, the luck factor always break even. Just try to stay alive (your Bankroll, not you)
      I hope your downswing will be over as we speak.
      more like 2 weeks :)

but yeah, i just had a +$30 session where i didn't make any hugely spewy plays.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Wow sick downswing, I feel for you! Hope you recover in no time ;)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I can't believe this. It's getting worse.
      I just played a session that was going fine until I played two hands. First hand I check/folded a strong hand on the river($50 pot or something), and I wasn't sure whether this was the right play. second hand I flop nut straight + nut FD, hit nut flush on turn, river board pairs itself, BUT I BET/CALL MY WHOLE STACK AND LOSE.

This put me on worse tilt than I've been on in long time, and worst ever tilt for NL cashgame, I think.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I have been running horribly bad on NL50 SSS lately. What I can suggest is to create a stop loss. After three buy-ins I stop playing and either come back next day or move down a limit or try something different like a sng on a low limit just to get some confidence back.

The new tilt articles is also really good if you haven't read them yet.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I just had a great day :D -3BI at NL50 -5BI at NL255 ;) Have to say beside bad luck i also missplayed some hands ;( Anyway life goes on ;)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      it's just getting worse. i keep making retarded calls on the river for my whole stack, and they NEVER seem like clear-cut coolers. I always seriously consider folding, but end up clicking on the call hutton
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I played ok in the session I just played, not stacking off with any retarded calls.
      however, someone still doesn't want my BR to start going up again:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $50,75
      MP2:
      $49,50
      BU:
      $196,70

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3:heart: , 3:club:
      MP2 calls $0,50, 2 folds, BU raises to $2,25, Hero calls $2,00, BB folds, MP2 calls $1,75.

Flop: ($7,25) 3:diamond: , T:club: , 2:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, BU bets $5,50, Hero raises to $20,00, MP2 folds, BU raises to $54,75, Hero calls $28,50, BU gets uncalled bet back..

Turn: ($104,25) K:heart:
      River: ($104,25) K:diamond:

Final Pot: $104,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, threes full of kings (3h 3c)
      BU shows a full-house, kings full of tens (Kc Th)

BU wins with a full-house, kings full of tens (Kc Th)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i can't believe this. i just keep losing 200BB+ pots with strong hands. again and again and again. and i'm never sure whether it's jsut a cooler or whether i could have played it differently. DOWN 26 STACKS NOW. i keep analysying and discussing hands, thinking about how i should play, playing well, then suddenly losing huge pots.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      If it helps you - I lost my last 8 times with KK. But don't worry. Play your best game and you'll hit your upswing soon!
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      wow that sucks. I lost 8 buyins like you once, constantly losing big pots with full houses, straights... good luck and hold on there ;)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Your Downswing makes me scared of learning BigStack play. At least when i lose a Buy In its only 20BB.

Looking at your graph its like at its like you lost your mojo at 8000 hands. Just Think, How Did Austin Powers Get His Mojo back? When you work that out you'll have the cure for your downswing!
    • HoofdVogel
      HoofdVogel
      Bronze
      just take a small break, to clear youre mind, even if you're sure that youre playing good
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      First hand I check/folded a strong hand on the river($50 pot or something), and I wasn't sure whether this was the right play. second hand I flop nut straight + nut FD, hit nut flush on turn, river board pairs itself, BUT I BET/CALL MY WHOLE STACK AND LOSE.
      i just wonder where the money is going to, when we misplay some hands we lose and it goes to the donk. is it really needed to have 0% leaks to win on low limits ?( This is what I've been thinking about... I think reads are the key, I think Ive actually been losing to donks because I just pay attention to their stats and dont notice their game patterns (which is usually so simple as counting to 3)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      First hand I check/folded a strong hand on the river($50 pot or something), and I wasn't sure whether this was the right play. second hand I flop nut straight + nut FD, hit nut flush on turn, river board pairs itself, BUT I BET/CALL MY WHOLE STACK AND LOSE.
      i just wonder where the money is going to, when we misplay some hands we lose and it goes to the donk. is it really needed to have 0% leaks to win on low limits ?( This is what I've been thinking about... I think reads are the key, I think Ive actually been losing to donks because I just pay attention to their stats and dont notice their game patterns (which is usually so simple as counting to 3)
      nah, that's not necessary to beat the low limits. but it does improve your winrate.

and even if i kept making some of the mistakes i've made in big hands, i would still beat NL50 eventually.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      nah, that's not necessary to beat the low limits. but it does improve your winrate.

and even if i kept making some of the mistakes i've made in big hands, i would still beat NL50 eventually.
      cant say the same, I'm losing on NL20 and was losing on NL10 too...
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      well, I now have a bigger BR than at the start of the downswing, so you could say it's over. :)

I haven't really ended my NL50SH downswing, as I've switched to other formats, but that doesn't really worry me.