This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH: AJ on AXX A vs lots of action

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $50,00
      CO:
      $50,70

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , J:club:
      CO calls $0,50, BU folds, SB calls $0,25, Hero raises to $2,50, CO calls $2,00, SB folds.

Flop: ($5,50) T:heart: , 5:spade: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,00, CO raises to $12,00, Hero calls $8,00.

Turn: ($29,50) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $17,00, Hero raises to $35,50 (All-In), CO calls $18,50.

River: ($100,50) Q:diamond:

Final Pot: $100,50
  • 7 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I would play it the same way. nh!

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      did he have 55?

what would you do if ace didnt come on the turn against that passive player? c/c would make you commited
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Ace doesn´t really change that much.
      If he had AT, A5 or 55 on the flop, we´re still getting stacked.
      I think limpers don´t usually go crazy on A high boards, so b/f on that flop is also fine.
      c/c turn is bad, since if he has flushdraw then he can check behind on the river and if he has full house then he´ll shove it anyway.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      did he have 55?

what would you do if ace didnt come on the turn against that passive player? c/c would make you commited
      I'm not sure...
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Ace doesn´t really change that much.
      If he had AT, A5 or 55 on the flop, we´re still getting stacked.
      I think limpers don´t usually go crazy on A high boards, so b/f on that flop is also fine.
      c/c turn is bad, since if he has flushdraw then he can check behind on the river and if he has full house then he´ll shove it anyway.
      thats what I thought, ace on the turn is almost a blank, and I find this line very bad against a passive player. His AF is only 1 and he raises a bet on an A high board (ace always scare bad players), he has more than an ace, i can tell you that much.

I dont think he'd do that with draw either, so bet/fold would be what I do against this player.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      If you really think he only raises you with a better hand then b/f the flop and that's it. But in my opinion we can easily be ahead.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think both options are fine: b/f or b/c.
      Actually oop, I rather like then bet/3-bet and call shove, since he would often check back his flush or straigth draw/weaker ace on the turn and he would bet/shove river if he improves to beat our tp hand.
      Just my experience says that limpers usually fold to out c-bet on that board or call with worse hands and if he should happen to have two pair or better he would go ahead and re-raise.