This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10... A6s from BB

• exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.10
      Hero:
      $1.70

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      7 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) 3:spade: , T:diamond: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.60 (All-In), SB calls $1.30.

Turn: ($3.40) 3:diamond:
      River: ($3.40) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $3.40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ad 6d)
      SB shows a full-house, threes full of tens (Tc Ah)

SB wins with a full-house, threes full of tens (Tc Ah)

Could I have gotten this guy off his top pair an top kicker? Was my decision to go all in good? The elephant stats showed him as very loose...
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi exorcism

Just a quick remark:
      1) Never post the result in a hand, it doesnt make sense and we do not care about the outcome (were not sportsbetters but here to improve your play and play only!)
      2) Do you play with a HUD/Stats during your session? If so then I will remark your play based on his stats. If you play basic sss without any HUD/Stats, then ofcourse I stick to basic SSS

As played:
      PreFlop: SB Completing first-in and should be punished in my opinion, thats why I make 80% of the time a 4bb raise with basically any playable hand. If he calls, you are in Position, mostly he will fold ;)

Flop: You got an Overcard (2outs) + a FD so that makes 11 and I think you should shove it when you reraise him. I think you got the best hand, mostly you need 45% to be profitable.

Actually I like the shove here for FE + Value. So well played
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      thanks gerv :)

I had just managed to get the elephant up and running and had the hud set to beginner settings i will need time to adjust to playing with stats displayed.

I am just at the beginning with my SSS plays and still have to go trough the silver articles of advanced SSS. I still don't think it would have gotten this fish off A10o :P

thanks for the advice :) will post without results next time :)
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      fold flop, you do not get the odds to call and raising with a draw doesnt work at all in a freeplay (except monsterdraws)