Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.10
      Hero:
      $1.70

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      7 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) 3:spade: , T:diamond: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.60 (All-In), SB calls $1.30.

Turn: ($3.40) 3:diamond:
      River: ($3.40) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $3.40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ad 6d)
      SB shows a full-house, threes full of tens (Tc Ah)

SB wins with a full-house, threes full of tens (Tc Ah)

Could I have gotten this guy off his top pair an top kicker? Was my decision to go all in good? The elephant stats showed him as very loose...
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi exorcism

Just a quick remark:
      1) Never post the result in a hand, it doesnt make sense and we do not care about the outcome (were not sportsbetters but here to improve your play and play only!)
      2) Do you play with a HUD/Stats during your session? If so then I will remark your play based on his stats. If you play basic sss without any HUD/Stats, then ofcourse I stick to basic SSS

As played:
      PreFlop: SB Completing first-in and should be punished in my opinion, thats why I make 80% of the time a 4bb raise with basically any playable hand. If he calls, you are in Position, mostly he will fold ;)

Flop: You got an Overcard (2outs) + a FD so that makes 11 and I think you should shove it when you reraise him. I think you got the best hand, mostly you need 45% to be profitable.

Actually I like the shove here for FE + Value. So well played
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      thanks gerv :)

I had just managed to get the elephant up and running and had the hud set to beginner settings i will need time to adjust to playing with stats displayed.

I am just at the beginning with my SSS plays and still have to go trough the silver articles of advanced SSS. I still don't think it would have gotten this fish off A10o :P

thanks for the advice :) will post without results next time :)
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      fold flop, you do not get the odds to call and raising with a draw doesnt work at all in a freeplay (except monsterdraws)