adjusting SHC

• kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I just want to ask the others about adjusting SHC in situations like following one:

I'm sitting at loose table for 30 mins. Allmost every hand there are 4 or more limpers. I'm in early position and have hand like A4s or K9s. One limper before. According to charts I should fold but I think I can call in theese situations because I'm expecting limpers after me. Of course I will not play like this when I'm new to limit but I'm playing .1/.2FR with more than 12k hands. I'm playing theese situations for about week and found them EV+ on theese loose tables.

What do You think about it?

Following sample hand (no flushdraw will be check/fold of course):

0,10/0,20 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9:diamond: , K:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, BU calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (7,00 SB) 5:heart: , 3:diamond: , 8:diamond: (7 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, BU calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6,00 BB) 6:spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, BU bets, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (11,00 BB) A:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls, BU calls, 2 folds.

Final Pot: 18,00 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows [ Qd, Td ] a flush, Ace high
      Hero shows [ 9d, Kd ] a flush, Ace high with King kicker
      BU shows [ 5d, 4d ] a flush, Ace high
      Hero wins $3.42 USD with a flush, Ace high with King kicker.

Realy interesting result here...

BTW: I bet flop because I had two overcards and 7 players on turn is too much...
  • 8 replies
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      With 5 players on the turn you should bet for value with your flushdraw (not because trying to make them fold).
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Nice hand, and good thoughts (expecting limpers).

LOL at the result. :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi kennyxx,

the turn indeed can be bet as you have an additional gutshot as well. Check/call is fine sa well as you don't want to get raised.

On the river you better just call as if you raise the chance is high that only the initial better will call but if you call up to 3 opponents behind you can call so this should be very profitable.

With MP2 holding the 2nd nutflush you may even induced him to raise for you so you can 3-bet. :)
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      OKOK its profitable maybe. But i find very frustrating when holding A2s and flop comes A-7-3. Its hard to fold even if you have no draw. I see very often these type of players calldown to river. Sometimes its annoing because I expect them to raise with aces and they dont expecting higher ace. This situation is very annoing when holding KK ... have initiative, bet first and gets called. Manytimes I thought about why they dont raise but realised it was not slowplay they only expected higher ace and simply cannot fold top pair.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      But i find very frustrating when holding A2s and flop comes A-7-3.

IMO You should switch to WA/WB on flop like this one. But it depends on opponents. If there are more than four then I don't think You're ahead without kicker.
    • pieter80
      pieter80
      Bronze
      i did not read a aswer on this good question. Expexting limper thing ;) .
      i have the same question here. when all players are so loose and dont mind there position, should i care about mine? when some one raises from utg it doesnt mean a thing.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi pieter80,

es you still should consider your position as you don't know hat the players behind you will do. Sure you can become looser as their ranges are weaker as well but this is a bit more complicated so we didn't mentioned this for the bronze section.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pieter80
      i did not read a aswer on this good question. Expexting limper thing ;) .
      Now I'm expecting raisers instead of limpers (it's much easier :D ). I played this style only few times because it's not easy to find right table. Any way folding theese hands is EV+ for me now. Maybe I just can't find that right table.

i have the same question here. when all players are so loose and dont mind there position, should i care about mine? when some one raises from utg it doesnt mean a thing.

You should always care about Your position. And be carefull, there's a huge difference between open raise and limp in. And open raise, especially from early position, usually mean something ;)