Suggestion about lifetime StrategyPoints

• NightWolfBRA
      NightWolfBRA
      Bronze
      Hi, i'm from Portuguese community. I don't have a good english, but we are talking about a suggestion for all PokerStrategy. I think i have (i don't know if others talk about this before) a good and important suggestion for Lifetime StrategyPoints (LSPs)!

The Black Member player have lifetime Diamond Status when he won 500.000 Lifetime StrategyPoints (LSPs). 500.000/7500 (number of LSPs to be Diamond) = 66,66...

My suggestion is do this for the other levels too!!!

That way:

Status - LSPs per month - Factor - LSPs to won lifetime Status

Platinum - 3.000 points X 66,66... = 200.000

Gold - 800 points X 66,66... = 53.333,33...

Silver - 100 points X 66,66... = 6.666,66...

Sure, the numbers can change, for example, too 54.000 and 7.000, but it is not the most important. I think it is fare, and a solution for the monster gap between the Elephant license and the BlackMemberStatus. My english do not allow me to talk about all advantages, and i'm sorry for the grammar mistakes, but the main idea is here!

What do you think about this?
  • 12 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      I would like that idea but i dont think its good for their bussiness. Then you can get enough points for like platinum or diamond and go play through other sites. You would get to see all the videos and strategy articles, use coaches etc but not generate pokerstrategy any profit. I would like it because it would be easier for me to slowly reach one level and then not even think about generating points any more. Easier life...
    • NightWolfBRA
      NightWolfBRA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      I would like that idea but i dont think its good for their bussiness. Then you can get enough points for like platinum or diamond and go play through other sites. You would get to see all the videos and strategy articles, use coaches etc but not generate pokerstrategy any profit. I would like it because it would be easier for me to slowly reach one level and then not even think about generating points any more. Easier life...
      I do not agree, i think is the oposit. I think player who was to say bye bye, will play more to won this lifetime Status. The gap to black member is too big, what is the motivation? Sure we love to change StrategyPoints for Clothes, but that have a big cost for PokerStrategy, this lifetime status for other players don't. I do not want party's or monthly special bonus, just the Status!

Some players (like me) have only one room to play for PokerStrategy, because we can not creat 2 account on the same room. And this players will stop to play on this rooms (so will stop to won StrategyPoints) for a lot of reasons (don't find good tables at new limit, other promotions...), loosing their Status they have more chance to participate less in the forum, and this is not good. They will watch less coachs too, and what is the difference for PokerStrategy, have 10 or 20 players watching the coach? I think it is even better have more people, some coachs have 5-8 players, it is not good.
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      U can change Strategy Points for clothes? WHERE ? WHERE ? :D :D
    • NightWolfBRA
      NightWolfBRA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hunt32
      U can change Strategy Points for clothes? WHERE ? WHERE ? :D :D
      Damm bad english, but you understand... LOL I mean that is a nice idea, but i know it is not the case.
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      Oh, damn I was so excited :)
    • NightWolfBRA
      NightWolfBRA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hunt32
      Oh, damn I was so excited :)
      LOL... i (not only me, a lot of people) already request this in the Portuguese forum. The point is give rewards for Lifetime StrategyPoints, this is one suggestion to solve this gap (elephant......black member)problem.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      As I gave you the "easy" answer already in the German forums, I will try to be more elaborate here.

There are different reasons, why the status system is as it is:

1. The Motivational Reason

We made a lot of research into our players behaviour, talking to them, doing polls.
      One thing we noticed: Most players, even those that are ambitious, play under their own capabilities and expectations.

Being at home after university or a job means again and again deciding whether to play some poker or not. It is much too easy and tempting to relax, watch some TV etc.

Even high limit players that use to rock our Top250 promotion have the same problem: it is hard for them to motivate themselves to play "professionally".

So both our Top250 promotion and the status system also work as a psychological motivator: you don't want to lose your status, or get in the Top100. So you overcome your natural lazyness.

If you are not lazy yourself (and many of you of course are not!), it might be a hard point to understand - but in average, our status system and the "threat" to lose a certain status is a motivation that helps our players keep going and make the best of their poker career.

By the way: that does not only count for "professional" or "semi-professional" players. Even if you see poker just as a competitive hobby, you want to achieve something. E.g. reaching a certain limit, or just being a winning player. Even for those small goals, an additional motivation can be great!

2. The Didactic Reason

If you play too less to hold up e.g. your Silver or Gold status, you will most probably not "need" the Silver/Gold content.
      Of course there are exceptions, but in general it is good not to supply beginners or microlimit players with too complicated strategies, as they cannot be successfully used without the right amount of experience and on higher limits.
      One example: the lower the limit, the less "tricky play" will work out good.
      So on the one hand, the status system protects beginners from having the "wrong" content at hand.
      And on the other hand, players that play on limits where the strategies and thoughts in our videos, articles and coachings can be put into practice will have no hard time in holding up their status.
      E.g. even as a low limit player, you might easily hold Gold status by playing just an hour a day.

3. The Economic Reason

PokerStrategy.com is based upon mutual gain - only if we make you successful, we can earn. But vice versa, that also means that we need you to play "for us".
      If a status would be permanent, then there would be less motivation for you to play on accounts that are tracked on us.
      Of course: most of you would not do that, especially as playing "tracked on PokerStrategy.com" is not a disadvantage at all. But still, the number of people who would do that would harm our total business model and we would not be able to hold up all our offers and continuous improvements.
    • NightWolfBRA
      NightWolfBRA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      As I gave you the "easy" answer already in the German forums, I will try to be more elaborate here.

There are different reasons, why the status system is as it is:

1. The Motivational Reason

We made a lot of research into our players behaviour, talking to them, doing polls.
      One thing we noticed: Most players, even those that are ambitious, play under their own capabilities and expectations.

Being at home after university or a job means again and again deciding whether to play some poker or not. It is much too easy and tempting to relax, watch some TV etc.

Even high limit players that use to rock our Top250 promotion have the same problem: it is hard for them to motivate themselves to play "professionally".

So both our Top250 promotion and the status system also work as a psychological motivator: you don't want to lose your status, or get in the Top100. So you overcome your natural lazyness.

If you are not lazy yourself (and many of you of course are not!), it might be a hard point to understand - but in average, our status system and the "threat" to lose a certain status is a motivation that helps our players keep going and make the best of their poker career.

By the way: that does not only count for "professional" or "semi-professional" players. Even if you see poker just as a competitive hobby, you want to achieve something. E.g. reaching a certain limit, or just being a winning player. Even for those small goals, an additional motivation can be great!

2. The Didactic Reason

If you play too less to hold up e.g. your Silver or Gold status, you will most probably not "need" the Silver/Gold content.
      Of course there are exceptions, but in general it is good not to supply beginners or microlimit players with too complicated strategies, as they cannot be successfully used without the right amount of experience and on higher limits.
      One example: the lower the limit, the less "tricky play" will work out good.
      So on the one hand, the status system protects beginners from having the "wrong" content at hand.
      And on the other hand, players that play on limits where the strategies and thoughts in our videos, articles and coachings can be put into practice will have no hard time in holding up their status.
      E.g. even as a low limit player, you might easily hold Gold status by playing just an hour a day.

3. The Economic Reason

PokerStrategy.com is based upon mutual gain - only if we make you successful, we can earn. But vice versa, that also means that we need you to play "for us".
      If a status would be permanent, then there would be less motivation for you to play on accounts that are tracked on us.
      Of course: most of you would not do that, especially as playing "tracked on PokerStrategy.com" is not a disadvantage at all. But still, the number of people who would do that would harm our total business model and we would not be able to hold up all our offers and continuous improvements.
      But this promotions (the Top250 promotion and the status system) do not solve the gap problem, that is the problem. For begginers is great, you can improve a lot, get bonus, new status, play freerolls (1k at first, an 5k when go to silver) and PokerStrategy Elephant license... wow it is really good!

But and later?

Top250 is just to hard, and who can be there, play so much and/or in limits so high... because of that the USD 100,00 prize is not important, this Top250 players don't have a great income for their bankroll or for the winrate. It is a lot of money, but don't make much difference for the players. It is not a good system.

The status system, is great at first, but once you became a platinum player, what is the great benefit ater this? I already read all, and see videos from limits much higer than i play, i see no point in try to be a Diamond player (if happen ok, but i will not play a little more, or a lot more, to do it).

Don't have more and better freerolls for Gold, Platium or Diamond. I think should have, and only for the specific level, for example: Gold play only Gold freerolls (not Gold-).

What i want is to have good rewards in all levels, have the same motivation that i had in the first months playing for PokerStrategy. And i don't have it anymore. I suggest this freerolls beffor, i suggest change Lifetime StrategyPoints for PokerStrategy Clothes (what is a merchandise), i really preffer this two options, but now i'm suggesting this option to have a lifetime status, because i think is the cheaper way for PokerStrategy to reward all players, and it is better than nothing. :(
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Our goal is to make every status at PokerStrategy.com interesting to hold.

So we want to continuously improve not only the quantity of our materials (videos, coachings etc.), but also the quality.
      If you have a look at the German site and its videos, articles, quizzes, you may notice what will be possible for our other languages, as well.

Additionaly, we continuously improve our other benefits, amongst them:
      * Parties / Lifestyle Events for our Diamonds & Black Members
      * Improving Conditions at our partner sites (see Titan Summer Time Bonus or the current great PartyPoker promotion that were both exclusive for PokerStrategists)
      * Promotions for Top Players and beginners alike
      * Improving the web site so that you can interact better with other poker players (we will have a major release in November!)

If all this means no value for you, we are sorry - but we cannot change our focus just to make everyone totally happy.

You say: "Do more freerolls!"
      German Top Players say: "Give us more money in the Top250!"
      Korean beginners say: "Do some SNG videos!"

It is a hard task to fulfill all your wishes, and most of the time we try. But everything has the limits of manpower and monetary cost, which is both a limited resource.

Please try not to view things from your point of view exclusively, especially around things like the Top250: you might still think it is "too hard" to get there - then why a lot of NL50-NL200 players are in there?

A last few words to freerolls: if we do expensive freerolls for Gold or Platin, we will have less money for other things. And then Cash Game players will - rightfully - say: "Hey, I dont play tournaments, so I am disadvantaged there. Better invest the money in education, videos or a general promotion!"

With today more than 1.25 million members, we will naturally fail to do things that every member likes.
    • NightWolfBRA
      NightWolfBRA
      Bronze
      Of course PokerStrategy have good things! That's why i keep making suggestions, instead just walk away.

But i still think this GAP (between rewards) is too big, and PokerStrategy should do something about that.
    • awkorama
      awkorama
      Bronze
      i have never imagined that there this many players at pokerstrategy?

how many of these have been active last month or so?

Because over a million is a crazy number
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      @NightWolfBRA: For platinum members, we want to offer them especially ever improving videos & coachings & other educational material. Because if you become a better poker player...
      1. you will earn more yourself
      2. you will have chances to become diamond / get into the Top250 promo and with that get...
      2.1 better content
      2.2 money through the promotion
      2.3 other diamond features like parties, special support etc.

Of course we still don't have 2.1 and 2.3 in all languages, but we're working on it :)

@awkorama:
      Of course most of the 1,250,000 sign-ups are not active :)
      Currently, we have around 4,000,000 visits to our web site every month. As especially active poker players tend to visit us daily, you can roughly estimate the number of active players.
      Another hint: the total number of forum posts per day on PokerStrategy.com is currently at ~14,000 (all languages together).