Understanding of the game (A laugh inside)

• rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      You all know that on lower limits players are so bad that some of time deliberately sit out of the game if they have doubled/tripled up in the hope of getting ITM. Today, however, I had a good laugh playing push/fold HU at the end of a $0.60 SNG. It started when the other player kept using all of his alloted time (not sitting out) and I was getting annoyed about what took him so long. At that point I thought maybe he's trying to tire me out in order to make me leave the game, but the reason was quite a bit more funny:

HERO: wtf you're doing?

No response

HERO: don't you have anything better to do wasting your time on a $0.60 game?

Villain: you're the one that keeps going all in every time

Villain: so if you want to mess about - so can i

HERO: wtf? lol

So, beware fellow poker players, don't mess about at the end of an SNG not to upset your opponents too much! :D

(The downside of this is that I actually lost to this guy - first with a 2:1 chiplead lost a 70:30, then pushed and lost a 30:70)
  • 4 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      doesn't make sense to do this in headsup.. but sometimes in MTT, if you are in the bubble and pretty short, you can play slowly, so other guys get knocked out before you. not the prettiest strategy, but when ur desperate, it does work at times.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      With the only exception that when buble approaches, as well as any next payout step-up, the play is hand for hand in all the tables.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      one time in a MTT, it was really close to the payout so 6 of the 9 players at my table sat out. The other two didn't seem to notice, they would both just fold so i would bet and put up the blinds i almost doubled up doing it till they moved me to a different table :'(.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      if you are in the bubble and pretty short, you can play slowly, so other guys get knocked out before you. not the prettiest strategy, but when ur desperate, it does work at times.
      Have you read sng articles?

The point of pushing is that you gain chips and therefore last longer than the guys who play slow and even if you get called,you have most of the times equity edge,since newbs don't know anything about ICM.Actually,you can be very aggressive at the bubble,since a lot of donks are afraid that they might get kicked out,so they play very tight and with that you gain chips.