Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG smit27 ($16.80)
      CO Hero ($21.48)
      BTN 944Turbo ($22.35)
      SB sever99 ($40.02)
      BB rosonan ($10.30)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 5 players) Hero is CO
      1 fold, [color:#272BA6]Hero raises to $0.80[/color], 2 folds, [color:#B93238]rosonan calls $0.60[/color]

Flop: ($1.70, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]rosonan bets $1[/color], [color:#B93238]Hero calls $1[/color]

Turn: ($3.70, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]rosonan bets $1[/color], [color:#B93238]Hero calls $1[/color]

River: ($5.70, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]rosonan bets $3[/color], Hero folds

Final Pot: $8.70

I saw him calling/shoving with 83s, he had like 15bbs. then he reloaded and this happens. I think I should have folded turn or either calling turn and river.
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think calling flop is fine, raising is also one option.
      Against that weak lead on the turn you should re-raise and take free showdown.
      I think river fold is fine, they usually betting value there
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Against that weak lead on the turn you should re-raise and take free showdown.
      thats interesting, but I dont need to raise much do I? is 2x enough to get a showdown?

and would you raise flop because he's aggressive and its hard to call 2 more streets? I dont mind turning these hands into a bluff too...
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      hello, Kaitz can u please explain why calling flop is fine ? on turn i would also think think of reraising just because of his weekness but vs unknown i would fold on the flop. ur the judge give us some strategy explanation please :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Pot is quite safe, if player calls with 55 type medium pp.
      He doesn´t want to call big bet on the flop and he also doesn´t want to c/f, so he leads out half size bet to find out if his pair is good- in his mind you could hold A high and he might have the best hand.
      So you might have the best hand but not always, so it is kind of way ahead/way behind situation where is good to call flop and see what he does on the turn.

Re-size amount: I would make it 4$. It is not that much in the money amount but a lot scarier than 3$. So some players might fold their T9 hands.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      He doesn´t want to call big bet on the flop and he also doesn´t want to c/f, so he leads out half size bet to find out if his pair is good- in his mind you could hold A high and he might have the best hand.
      So you might have the best hand but not always, so it is kind of way ahead/way behind situation where is good to call flop and see what he does on the turn.

Re-size amount: I would make it 4$. It is not that much in the money amount but a lot scarier than 3$. So some players might fold their T9 hands.
      but then its not to get a showdown if he calls I'm beat.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      2 options:

Either call and on this river I prob. fold, or raise as Kaitz said and take the free showdown. A fish might call with worse.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457

but then its not to get a showdown if he calls I'm beat.
      He could also call lower pp, flushdraw, straigth draw.