Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($19.70)
      CO 944Turbo ($21.93)
      BTN mimi94500 ($10.54)
      SB rosonan ($4.58)
      BB smit27 ($19.30)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 5 players) Hero is UTG
      [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.20[/color], [color:#272BA6]944Turbo raises to $0.90[/color], [color:#B93238]mimi94500 calls $0.90[/color], 2 folds, [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.70[/color]

Flop: ($3, 3 players)
      Hero checks, 944Turbo checks, [color:#272BA6]mimi94500 bets $1[/color], [color:#B93238]Hero calls $1[/color], 944Turbo folds

Turn: ($5, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $3[/color], mimi94500 folds

Final Pot: $8

stats of pf raiser: 21/15/1 with 44 hands

I first was going for c/r, but the pf aggressor checked and the donk betted so the preflop raiser could still call with a PP maybe if i only called.

he didnt so I just try to get value off my hand if the donk has anything.

i played it right?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t limp pf.
      You would get a lot value if you were raised pf and two players would called.
      I would lead flop, Ak is not going anywhere and might even raise my donkbet and then you don´t have to take that strong line- c/c flop, lead turn which says that you mostly have set.
      If you check, then c/r. If he ahs Kx, he would call if not then you don´t get more value out of him.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Don´t limp pf.
      You would get a lot value if you were raised pf and two players would called.
      I would lead flop, Ak is not going anywhere and might even raise my donkbet and then you don´t have to take that strong line- c/c flop, lead turn which says that you mostly have set.
      If you check, then c/r. If he ahs Kx, he would call if not then you don´t get more value out of him.
      but I'm oop and only 1 in 9 of the time I get the set. I usually raise when there are only TAGs/LAGs to my left, but the BTN was kind of donk

The pokertracker says I'm losing with 22-66, and I guess its probably because of raising with them in any position.

and about the hand, yes I was going to c/r if he cbetted, but he didnt so if I raised the other guy he could fold even a Kx, who knows. And I never lead on these boards with a set, he could cbet easily on this dry board.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you should hit every 8-th time, but that is not probably the main reason why you´re loosing with 22-55.
      Probably you would complete, someone raises and you would call, then you miss and c/f flop.
      5-handed you want to put pressure into blinds and also other players respect a littlebit your pre-flop raise, so they don´t continue on 66 on AKJ board. So often enough you take pot down with c-bet.

I think bet/3-bet is often good here, rather than c/r. Because what hand would you c/r other than sets on that board? But since board is dry then you can probably try to play c/c, c/c, c/rai- if player has AK, he has no reason to bet value 3 streets.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Probably you would complete, someone raises and you would call, then you miss and c/f flop.
      you mean complete SB? I didnt quite understand what you meant to say, arent i supposed to call and c/f if I dont hit? I float/raise cbet sometimes when the board and player allows me to.

But since board is dry then you can probably try to play c/c, c/c, c/rai- if player has AK, he has no reason to bet value 3 streets.
      Yes I thought c/r was too strong on this board too, c/c flop, c/c turn and donkbet river is probably better no? and why would I go c/rai on the river if he has no reason to bet AK 3 streets? I didnt understand
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Raising pockets preflop gives you the opportunity to take the pot down unimproved with a cbet. If you limp them, you can't do this.
      Leading or c/r is flop best in this hand.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      you mean complete SB? I didnt quite understand what you meant to say, arent i supposed to call and c/f if I dont hit? I float/raise cbet sometimes when the board and player allows me to.

But since board is dry then you can probably try to play c/c, c/c, c/rai- if player has AK, he has no reason to bet value 3 streets.
      Yes I thought c/r was too strong on this board too, c/c flop, c/c turn and donkbet river is probably better no? and why would I go c/rai on the river if he has no reason to bet AK 3 streets? I didnt understand
      You limped from UTG not SB. It is exploitable when MP, CO or BU would raise, you call, don´t hit set and have to c/f flop.
      If you take another line than c/f then it is better to raise pf and take initiative.

This is easy valuebet with AK on 3 three streets, since players don´t usually play their sets that way- they would c/c mostly with weaker K.
      But if you think that player wouldn´t bet on 3 streets then it is easier to c/r flop, bet turn, shove river. Some players wouldn´t fold there AK or AA.