This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Set x 2 opponents

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      $0.1/$0.2 No Limit Holdem
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($19.70)
      CO 944Turbo ($21.93)
      BTN mimi94500 ($10.54)
      SB rosonan ($4.58)
      BB smit27 ($19.30)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 5 players) Hero is UTG
      [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.20[/color], [color:#272BA6]944Turbo raises to $0.90[/color], [color:#B93238]mimi94500 calls $0.90[/color], 2 folds, [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.70[/color]

Flop: ($3, 3 players)
      Hero checks, 944Turbo checks, [color:#272BA6]mimi94500 bets $1[/color], [color:#B93238]Hero calls $1[/color], 944Turbo folds

Turn: ($5, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $3[/color], mimi94500 folds

Final Pot: $8

stats of pf raiser: 21/15/1 with 44 hands

I first was going for c/r, but the pf aggressor checked and the donk betted so the preflop raiser could still call with a PP maybe if i only called.

he didnt so I just try to get value off my hand if the donk has anything.

i played it right?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t limp pf.
      You would get a lot value if you were raised pf and two players would called.
      I would lead flop, Ak is not going anywhere and might even raise my donkbet and then you don´t have to take that strong line- c/c flop, lead turn which says that you mostly have set.
      If you check, then c/r. If he ahs Kx, he would call if not then you don´t get more value out of him.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Don´t limp pf.
      You would get a lot value if you were raised pf and two players would called.
      I would lead flop, Ak is not going anywhere and might even raise my donkbet and then you don´t have to take that strong line- c/c flop, lead turn which says that you mostly have set.
      If you check, then c/r. If he ahs Kx, he would call if not then you don´t get more value out of him.
      but I'm oop and only 1 in 9 of the time I get the set. I usually raise when there are only TAGs/LAGs to my left, but the BTN was kind of donk

The pokertracker says I'm losing with 22-66, and I guess its probably because of raising with them in any position.

and about the hand, yes I was going to c/r if he cbetted, but he didnt so if I raised the other guy he could fold even a Kx, who knows. And I never lead on these boards with a set, he could cbet easily on this dry board.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you should hit every 8-th time, but that is not probably the main reason why you´re loosing with 22-55.
      Probably you would complete, someone raises and you would call, then you miss and c/f flop.
      5-handed you want to put pressure into blinds and also other players respect a littlebit your pre-flop raise, so they don´t continue on 66 on AKJ board. So often enough you take pot down with c-bet.

I think bet/3-bet is often good here, rather than c/r. Because what hand would you c/r other than sets on that board? But since board is dry then you can probably try to play c/c, c/c, c/rai- if player has AK, he has no reason to bet value 3 streets.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Probably you would complete, someone raises and you would call, then you miss and c/f flop.
      you mean complete SB? I didnt quite understand what you meant to say, arent i supposed to call and c/f if I dont hit? I float/raise cbet sometimes when the board and player allows me to.

But since board is dry then you can probably try to play c/c, c/c, c/rai- if player has AK, he has no reason to bet value 3 streets.
      Yes I thought c/r was too strong on this board too, c/c flop, c/c turn and donkbet river is probably better no? and why would I go c/rai on the river if he has no reason to bet AK 3 streets? I didnt understand
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Raising pockets preflop gives you the opportunity to take the pot down unimproved with a cbet. If you limp them, you can't do this.
      Leading or c/r is flop best in this hand.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      you mean complete SB? I didnt quite understand what you meant to say, arent i supposed to call and c/f if I dont hit? I float/raise cbet sometimes when the board and player allows me to.

But since board is dry then you can probably try to play c/c, c/c, c/rai- if player has AK, he has no reason to bet value 3 streets.
      Yes I thought c/r was too strong on this board too, c/c flop, c/c turn and donkbet river is probably better no? and why would I go c/rai on the river if he has no reason to bet AK 3 streets? I didnt understand
      You limped from UTG not SB. It is exploitable when MP, CO or BU would raise, you call, don´t hit set and have to c/f flop.
      If you take another line than c/f then it is better to raise pf and take initiative.

This is easy valuebet with AK on 3 three streets, since players don´t usually play their sets that way- they would c/c mostly with weaker K.
      But if you think that player wouldn´t bet on 3 streets then it is easier to c/r flop, bet turn, shove river. Some players wouldn´t fold there AK or AA.