How to fund neteller from India?

• churchilled
      churchilled
      Basic
      Hi Guys,

I have been trying to fund my neteller account from India. I have tried my using my ICICI Bank debit/credit card but unfortunately both were declined. I don't think they are accepting any VISA cards from India.

Now, I want to do bank transfer. Problem is I don't know how to do so. I have neteller's details but there's no slot for reference number in my ICICI fund transfer abroad page. Neteller says it is mandatory to put the reference number. Neteller support ain't of much help. they give automated replies which is of no help.

People from India who have transfered fund using ICICI or other banks through bank transfer PLEASE HELP!!!!
  • 19 replies
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Hi churchilled,

ICICI bank debit and credit cards don't allow you to upload money through Neteller. It is a slight grey area since most banks keep changing their policies every now and then.

Most Indian players have found that the highest success rate via debit/credit cards is through HDFC bank. In case you do not have a HDFC bank account then Neteller has an option to upload via NEFT which works.

Hope this helps. :)

Also one of our Indian members maheepsangari had made a post on this. I'll paste it here. It should answer any other questions that you might have.

[SPOILER]
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Ok I’m trying to make a guide to help everyone with using ewallets. I’ll need help from others so please contribute as much as you can in this thread and correct me if I’m wrong somewhere. I’ll keep updating this post and lets make it as accurate as possible.

Moneybookers

Deposit

Is a bit of a pain. While depositing through debit/credit card you are asked if the funds will be used for gaming purposes or not. If you select they won’t be then you can’t load them on a poker site. If you select they will be then most Indian banks won’t let you load them to MB.

What people do is make an account on a friend’s name upload funds stating they aren’t for gaming purposes and transfer those funds to their accounts and use them to upload on sites. There is a fee of 1% on sending money.

There is a way of depositing using Wire Transfer too and I think the whole mess of gaming purposes might be fixed by doing so. Someone will have to post what that’s about and I’ll update it here.

Withdrawal

Lowest withdrawal fee of around INR 130/ USD 2.38/ EUR 1.80 for wire transfers to bank account.

Charges are hidden in currency transactions. 2.49%

When you withdraw, the funds will be sent in EUR to your Indian bank account and MB will charge a fee of 2.49% on converting funds from any currency that your account is to EUR be it USD or INR, unless it is EUR obviously.

If you want to use MB I highly recommend having your account in EUR and having your poker accounts also in EUR if possible.

If your poker accounts are in USD and you can’t change that then you might as well have MB in USD. You’ll save one set of conversion from poker room to MB but will have to pay 2.49% when you withdraw funds into India as they will be sent in EUR.

If your MB account is in a different currency, say in INR and poker account is in USD then everytime you transfer from Poker room to MB you’ll pay 2.49% on whole amount. When you withdraw into your bank account you’ll pay another 2.49% for conversion of INR to EUR totaling 5.04%.

EDIT: For USD MB accounts withdrawals reach India in USD. INR MB accounts however send funds in EUR and you are charged by MB to convert them to EUR as well as your bank to convert them back to INR.

Banking

Banks will receive funds in EUR. They will convert them into INR and will charge something on that. This rate varies across banks and type of accounts. I think I was charged about 2.5% when I did it. My RM told me he could take it down to 2%, some people could get even lesser I think.

You’ll also have to pay service tax for the service of currency conversion by the bank and I think I was also charged Education Cess. Maybe someone can throw some light on it.

NETELLER

Deposit

Debit/Credit Cards

You can use your debit/credit cards to deposit on Neteller. You can also use some virtual cards like Netsafe by HDFC. However I know cases where none of the methods have worked so depends on your bank and account. Some have been able to do it with HDFC accounts while some haven’t so I think there are some other unknown variables too.
      A fee of 1.75% is charged on the deposit. The funds will be converted into EUR when Neteller receives them so a fee of 2.95% will also be charged on that.

NEFT

You can also deposit using a local transfer into their ICICI account through Money In--> Bank Transfer. Keep in mind google chrome blocks the popup by default where their bank info is given. If you have problems I've posted them here too. You'll need a reference number too that will be given in that popup.

Bank Name : ICICI Bank
      Branch Name : New Delhi - Punjabi Bagh
      Account Currency : Indian Rupee
      Account Name : Majestic Yatra Pvt. Ltd.
      Account Number : 015505006301

There is a 1.75% charge for making this NEFT transaction.
      Since the receiving bank account is also in INR, if your Neteller account is in INR I don't think you'll be charged anything for currency exchange fee. If Neteller account is in any other currency then I think the same 2.95% charge on the whole amount will be levied.

EDIT: confirmed through a fellow member, in INR Neteller accounts only 1.75% is charged and there is no currency transaction fee since they don't convert the currency. Time taken for him was 2 hours to get the money deposited.

Withdrawal

The withdrawal fee is higher INR 550/ USD 12.75/ EUR 10.50 for wire transfers. Currency exchange fee 2.95%.

Unlike MB, Neteller can send funds in a wide range of currencies and INR is one of them.

I highly recommend having your Neteller accounts in INR as withdrawals are a lot cheaper especially if you play on only one room, especially if its Pokerstars.

Pokerstars accepts deposits and withdraws money into INR Neteller accounts in INR itself and doesn’t charge anything for the conversion meaning the Neteller conversion is bypassed.

If account isn’t in a room that does that then everytime you withdraw from room to Neteller you’ll have to pay 2.95%. If you switch money regularly across rooms it will become quite expensive and its better to have Neteller account in your poker room's currency.

Once money is in Neteller account and you withdraw to a bank account you can request the withdrawal in INR itself so bank will receive them in INR and nor currency exchange fee anywhere, only once when you withdrew it from the room.

Banking

Since money can be sent to Indian bank account in any currency, I recommend you do it in INR no matter what currency your Neteller account is in. If Neteller account is in INR you’ll have to pay 2.95% fee however your bank won’t charge you anything, not even a service tax.

Entropay

I have least amount of info on entropay, will need help.

Deposit

Very easy using Credit/debit cards. I don’t think many people have had problems with it. But it is very expensive 4.95%. Foreign exchange fee is also charged of 2%.

Withdrawals

Withdrawals to bank accounts cost $14.99.

Banking

Not confirmed but I assume Indian Banks will receive funds in USD or your entro pay account currency and will charge a fee to convert them to INR.

Changing currency of your account

I've done this several times with Neteller and Moneybookers. All you need to do is open a new account in the new currency with your true information from a new email address. The information could be the same as the previous one, no issues, actually better if your old account is verified.

When you open a new Neteller account you'll be insta blocked. You'll have an option to give your number and request a call. They'll call in an hour, explain to them that you opened a new account cause you wanted the new currency and you want to block the old account and transfer all your information and verified documents from the old one to the new account, you can use your old email address to if you want to. They'll cross check your details, ask those security questions and you'll be sorted within mins.

Same story for MB, after you open a new account you won't be blocked, go to My Account, Email support, Account/Security, I have opened more than one Skrill (Moneybookers) account. Explain the situation same way and ask them to close the old account.

It doesn't matter how many transactions you've made you can change the account currency anytime you want.
    • churchilled
      churchilled
      Basic
      [SIZE=16][FONT=times new roman]Hi Clawindsousa,

I would really appreciate if u could kindly elaborate the NEFT option of funding Neteller. I have been trying so many options but to no avail.

Kind Regards
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Just go to money in> Bank transfer> enter amount. You will be directed to a page where they give details about the local Bank.
    • churchilled
      churchilled
      Basic
      I dont get that option. I am directed to a page where they give information for international wire. I wonder how u get to the local transfer page.
    • saidulreddy
      saidulreddy
      Basic
      hi,

i had used my sbi bank debit card earlier in januaary it worked perfectly, since two days am trying but its diclined all the time.

i dont have money local bank transfer OPTION IN MY ACCOUNT, i have only option is international wire trasver that is netteller account UK.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ON THIS
    • ammytyagi
      ammytyagi
      Bronze
      I dont know about neteller but I have use many card on entropay and they all work good for me but their fees are high.
    • madhavaaleti
      madhavaaleti
      Basic
      Hi, I am also unable to deposit using any CC or debit cards to neteller.
      and I dont have the local bank transfer option in my neteller account. Only international.
      Can someone help me please to deposit money.

thanks,
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, madhavaaleti

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

Have you tried contacting Neteller customer support?

They may know of options that we couldn't know of.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • madhavaaleti
      madhavaaleti
      Basic
      Hey VS!

well I called neteller support. and they say I have the options whatever is listed out there in the "Money in" section for me.

I think, since Oct2013, due to RBI guidelines, things have changed and neteller (and skrill, and paypal?) are complying with the policies so that people from India can not deposit directly into these e-wallets (using Credit or Debit cards or even local bank transfers) :(
      There might be some exceptions where some banks might not have implemented this into their system (and some people are getting through) but renowned banks are not allowing it (as they should).

I need some help from any members in this forum who have a neteller account and can transfer money into my account. I will deposit the same amount into their bank account here (or any method they need locally here) !!! can anyone offer this help to me please... :)

Thanks,
      Mad.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, madhavaaleti,

This sounds remarkably familiar.

In Canada, we cannot use Credit Cards to deposit money to poker rooms or e-wallets for gaming purposes.

As of a couple of months ago, Skrill has stopped dealing with Canadians altogether.

In order to get money to poker rooms I have used:
        Instadebit
        Instand e-checks
        U-Kash
        entropay <== I have an account, I'm not sure I've actually used it.

I used those to deposit directly to the poker room.

I recommend against any scheme that circumvents the rules.
      Neteller, Skrill and most poker rooms have very strict rules about money laundering, and from time to time you hear of people having their accounts locked with no recourse.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • sunil9200
      sunil9200
      Basic
      [Edited by Lazza61]
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey sunil9200,

I have edited out your Skype address as our forum principles don't permit it.

Regards

Laz
    • akkikhan
      akkikhan
      Basic
      Hi, please let me know the details, i want neteller in india, how can you help me i want the details plzz help me out in creating my neteller account it is getting very difficult for me as they are not accepting any card that i have used till date. Reply me as soon as possible.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi guys,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with Neteller.

The first step is to get your status to bronze.

At that point the community tool becomes available, you can exchange information, and get it sorted...

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • mybitcoins
      mybitcoins
      Basic
      With VIsa Card, you can upload funds to your India account.
      You can use any India visa card and make sure you cue your details in well, it will surely go.
    • pokerRex
      pokerRex
      Basic
      Originally posted by mybitcoins
      With VIsa Card, you can upload funds to your India account.
      You can use any India visa card and make sure you cue your details in well, it will surely go.
      Have you done this yourself successfully?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey pokerRex,

You may find ewallets guide (Deposit And Withdrawal methods in India) helpful.

Regards

Laz
    • sunil9200
      sunil9200
      Basic
      friend,
      Now to verify ur account you will need 5$, either you buy using ur credit card or you can lookout for people who are selling on quickr or olx... buy 5$ and then submit ur docs, ur account gets verified... itz upto u to buy it locally or online... check for merits of thye supplier before u transact with him...
      Thanks
      Sunil
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by sunil9200
      friend,
      Now to verify ur account you will need 5$, either you buy using ur credit card or you can lookout for people who are selling on quickr or olx... buy 5$ and then submit ur docs, ur account gets verified... itz upto u to buy it locally or online... check for merits of thye supplier before u transact with him...
      Thanks
      Sunil
      Hi, sunil9200,
      I don't live in India, and I don't use Neteller, but if I did, and wanted to, there is no way in heaven or on earth that I would try a dodgy sounding scheme like that.

The only sensible place to ask the question: "How do I fund Neteller from India?" is from Neteller technical support, who will be able to quote the current regulations.

Any attempt to circumvent restrictions risks not only your money, but your reputation.

I think that this question has been up here long enough, and there does not seem to be any further definite additions, so I'll close it.

If anyone has any problem with that, add me as a friend using the
      community tool and you can correct me.

I do apologize if that is NOT a dodgy scheme.

Best of luck at the tables,
      --VS