A girl in a men's world

• LongWayUp
      LongWayUp
      Bronze
      Hi everyone!

My name is Liora, I'm from Israel. So glad I found this site!!
      Been playing at Full Tilt for almost a year now, mostly low limits SNG's. The past 2 months at PS, made me realize just how bad I sucked before. So far I've tripled my starting capital, hopefully it will stay that way.

I'm trying to stick to the guidelines, but often get frustrated with long periods of bad luck and bad beats, sometimes going through 40-50 hands with no playable hand, or losing one good hand after another, but then I come here, and watch some videos, read the forums and realize thats the way it goes for everyone....

So now I practice patience and discipline, and aggressiveness, which come naturally for most men, whereas I have to actually work on it... (seriously, at some tables you can almost smell the testosterone flying through the air :) )

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for showing me how much I still have to learn, the articles are well written and easy to understand and the videos are very helpfull, can't wait to get to the next level! Thanks!
  • 5 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LongWayUp

So now I practice patience and discipline, and aggressiveness, which come naturally for most men, whereas I have to actually work on it... (seriously, at some tables you can almost smell the testosterone flying through the air :) )
      At this point I felt like: Awwwww, come here girl, I'll give you a hug. :D :D :D

Nice to read that you appreciate our offers. Keep up the good work.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Welcome Liora, good to have you here.

I echo all of your comments, as a fairly new member myself, going through the same highs & lows (often within the same day!) and equally grateful to PS for the excellent material, encouragement and support.

Keep involved with the site, reading material, posting items and sample hands, we're all very friendly here and the more established players (not me yet) all give excellent words of wisdom.

Anyway, welcome again and look forward to seeing you in the forum, at the tables and in the community league (on Wednesdays).

Warmest regards,

Bart from England
      (EagleStar88)
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      Welcome :)

Use everything PS gives, most importantly post sample hands ;)
    • LongWayUp
      LongWayUp
      Bronze
      Thank you all! I'll do my best
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar

At this point I felt like: Awwwww, come here girl, I'll give you a hug. :D :D :D

That'd be the testosterone she's talkin about, I reckon. ;)